PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Silverado Headliner removal

dmband77
12-14-2004, 04:57 PM
Hi all,
I've seen several posts in here in regards to headliners but none of them seem to be related to the '04 silverados. I'm looking to install overhead running lights on the exterior and a cb rig hopefully above my rear view mirror on the interior ceiling if I can make it work. I kind of need to get the headliner down so I can see what I have to work with though. Does anyone know how to remove the headliner on the 2004 Silverados? It's a base/work truck model with ext. cab. Thanks!!

Brian

kdubaz
12-15-2004, 02:33 PM
Sure dude, easy as pie.

Take out all the pillar pieces, so the front pillars, the side pillars and the back pillars. You should be able to just drop down some of them so the headliner is loose. Then take out the visors and clips, plus the "oh sh*t" handle on the passenger side. The headliner will pretty much be drooping at that point, so undo the clip in the rear from the roof, and unplug the dome light and you're free. Turn the headliner inside the cab so what was the front is now pointing out the doors, and pull out. Gravy.

dmband77
12-15-2004, 04:39 PM
Hey,
Thank for the guidance. I'll be trying all of this this coming weekend. any tips on taking the pillars out or do they kinda snap out if pulled hard enough?