PDA

View Full Version : Be Honest! Whats wrong with your truck?

Pages : 1 2 [3]

hourang
06-17-2011, 12:20 PM
this thread is old but:
2001 z71 5.3l 4x4 auto
131k miles

Currently needs:
----------------------------
-evap p0446 code fix (have parts, common issue)
-cats coming apart rattling in exhaust and poor performance/idle sometimes (improper maintenance)
-needs o2 sensors (maintenance)
-front brakes maybe rear too havent checked (normal maintenance)
-front fog light broke (have replacement, accident)
-needs front speakers both blown (normal)
-rocker panels and one cab corner completed rusted out (michigan salt)
-needs both side mirrors completely replaced (one cracked, one about to fall off, accidents)
-front bumper smashed in a little, pass. side (accident)
-rear bumper rust holes
-tailgate rust/hinges bad
-fuel pump whining like crazy (improper maintenance/common)
-fuel line rusted out, filter rusted on ($115 fix new lines)
-rear end clunk (maybe ujoint)
-blend door solenoid bad (have replacement, common issue)
-drivers leather seat torn bad (common)
-rides rough (even with new shocks, worn torsions?)
-tires are getting there soon(normal maintenance)
-various dents and deep scratches

Stuff replaced:
----------------------
-fuel pressure regulator (fixed hard start)
-plugs, wires, pcv, etc
-belt tensioner, idler pulley, and belt
-front drivers hub (PITA!)
-new antenna base and antenna (also pain)
-battery hold-down and one battery terminal (weird)
-floor mats, tailgate cable, fuel door cover and rubber stops, other misc stuff

other than that it drives nice, trans is great, gets better gas mileage then my avalanche did, and is still a very nice truck overall. if the previous owner had done normal maintenance this stuff would have been fixed by now. i did buy it real cheap though.

Ironskull
06-17-2011, 02:56 PM
Mine is a 92 Chevy Silverado K1500 Ext. Cab Sportside. We bought it new in 92 and it had 6 miles on it when I signed the papers. Since then it has had the usual stuff, brakes, the HVAC head has been replaced 2 times, I had the intake gasket replaced but since it was done it has been burning oil. New tires 4 times. Now also keep in mind, this truck was almost immaculate when our youngest son got it in 05 when he was 17. Since then he center punched a telephone pole, insurance paid to fix. He got t-boned when he went through a stop sign and the truck was totaled. We bought it back and had it fixed for what the insurance paid us. That side was done so nicely it looked like nothing bad ever happened to it. It still drives great and does not dog track. I got sick of hearing from him how bad the gas mileage was and how much was wrong with it that I actually gave him my 02 Trailblazer and took the truck back. The reason was twofold. I was wanting another 4X4 pick up and couldn't afford to buy another one and he likes my Trailblazer. I figure win, win. Now it needs:
Intake gasket which I will do myself this summer
driver's side rocker panel
driver's side cab corner
New Tailgate
Pull the bed sides and make sure there is no rust behind them and fix it if there is
A driver's side door arm rest
new headliner material
Wheels sandblasted and re-painted
The A/C needs to be charged/converted.
The engine runs and sounds awesome for 133,000 miles on it but I know how it has been taken care of and where it's been since it was new. I have always changed the oil and greased it and serviced it when it was due. Besides the intake gasket needing to be replaced, I can see nothing else wrong with the engine. I think it's the intake because it never burned any oil at all until I had it changed. I had that happen on my 65 Chevelle (now my oldest son's car) when we replaced the intake manifold on the 327. A buddy told us he had that happen and the rear of the intake gasket rubber seal accidentally got pushed inside and was leaking and causing the burning oil. Soon as we replaced the gaskets again, it was perfect. I figure the RTV on the back wasn't put on right/heavy enough and it is doing the same thing. I also have to do a major steam cleaning on the interior. My kid just didn't take care of it and it is filthy. Luckily my wife has one of the new Bissel carpet cleaners and we are going to do that this next week.

Jack

jauthement
06-17-2011, 03:09 PM
The back of my 07 ccsb 4x4 is all jacked up from being rear ended and progressive taking their sweeeet ass time to get it fixed.
2 of 3 rear bumper pieces have to be replaced
rear bumper plastics need to be replaced
drivers bedside
frame bent on drivers side where hitch bent
hitch
tailgate has dents and i think its twisted
drivers side tail light
drivers cab corner has dents and scratches from bed hitting cab
bed floor is buckled
im sure the spare tire holder is jacked
and lastly the bed will need to be resprayed after all repairs are made
other than that its great!

99Burban454
06-17-2011, 04:15 PM
I feel kinda fortunate not to have many problems with mine, looking at some of these lists............

Cecil-tucky
06-17-2011, 06:40 PM
Bad EGR leading to ****ty gas mileage
Worn Door Pins (HAve to Slam it going down the road to stay shut)
No Low Beams

Other then that I cant complain, this trucks treating me well

Honey Bear
06-17-2011, 08:39 PM
It is old has been beat on mercilessly and needs some down time to be repaired.

BlacK20
06-17-2011, 09:24 PM
-passenger side header needs to be taken off and new gaskets installed
-Trans has a leak
-Carb needs to be tuned

whitelightnin92
06-18-2011, 01:41 AM
i dont think theres enough space to fit all my problems

Massey
06-18-2011, 01:55 AM
Well I just bought my truck about 3 weeks ago now and there were a few issues that is had and some have already been fixed.

No AC (fixed unless it has a leak that I dont know about)
Bald tires (rear was the worst so they have been done, fronts comming soon)
really cloudy headlights (new on order will be here soon)
really really dirty (I cleaned it)
Plastic drop in bed liner (I hate these things I found a new home for it)
leaky fuel pump/tank seal (not sure what it is yet I need to take the bed off or drop the tank to find out.
dirty air filter. (guage shows red time to replace, K&N here I come)
Brakes clunk in the front. (not sure what it is yet but the truck still stops fine)
Dent in rear bumper (will buy new some day)
Typical scratches and dings from 13 years of service
Coffee spills in the interior (will need to remove the seats and console to get this mess cleaned up)
Idler and pitman arm worn

All and all just some little things wrong that have little to do with the way the truck drives.

Massey

EricCason92
10-22-2011, 11:10 AM
AC system has a leak, Fogged Headlights, needs alignment, cd changer is jammed, tint is peeling off, 4wd switch is broke, rear end or the yoke is leaking, Driver side cv axles boot is messed up.

Ordered:
Need to replace a couple broke wheel studs
Ball Joints and Tie Rods

Fixed:
Missing tailgate bezel

GirchyGirchy
10-22-2011, 02:16 PM
Needs a new driver's side outer floor/inner rocker panel. Pulled out the insulation panel today and it was soaking wet from who knows what. Fock.

ScoJack
10-22-2011, 05:27 PM
Well lets see, the original 213K 350 from my '94 is in the back of my dad's truck, its trans, transfer case, and driveshafts are in the back of the Silverado, and there's a whole ton of parts and tools scattered around my garage.

Oh yeah, and it's got a full tank too. FML!

Bowtie4ever
10-22-2011, 07:05 PM
speaking for my '95 ecsb

Rusted cab corners
Rusted rear bumper
Broken pull out cup holder, now only holds one drink : (
Loose nut behind the wheel...goes away when I'm out of the truck. Same issue in my '07

BC Rod and Custom
10-22-2011, 07:20 PM
97 K1500 Ext Cab with 230k+ miles

1. Alignment is off - Why they hell do I have to modify the suspension to do an alignment!
2. HVAC control doesn't work
3. CD Player doesn't work
4. Some random sensor not plugged in under the truck causing check engine light, possible knock sensor
5. Door Pins need replacing
6. Rear End Leaking
7. Rear Main Seal Leaking
8. Armrest on Drivers Seat busted
9. Huge dent in pass side bed near taillight
10. Front bumper needs replacement
11. Rear Bumper needs replacement
12. Grille Needs Replacement
13. Did I mention 230k miles!
14. Power mirrors don't work
15. Passenger side door handle broken
16. No idea how to turn on rear window defroster - I know this is a factory option because the rear trim panels are cutout for the plugs, but I can't find any switch anywhere in the truck for it.
17. Headlights point in 2 different directions - Good thing I barely drive at night and only in town when I do.

Already did

4 Ball Joints
All new brakes
Rotors/Calipers/Pads
Rear Shoes/Wheel Cylinders/Springs/Hardware/Turned Drums
Tires

I'm sure there is more than needs to be done, this is just the list I have compiled since buying the truck 3 months ago.

dipstick
10-22-2011, 08:00 PM
Nothing why do you ask .

bayko
10-22-2011, 09:49 PM
- Fuel tank is leaking
- Fuel gauge doesn't work
- Battery is on its last limb
- Body work sucks
- Needs an alignment
- Hood latch is f*cky
- Loses overdrive every once and awhile
- Leaks oil

That's just off the top of my head, there's much more though

k9t8m
10-23-2011, 08:50 AM
knock sensor & a few dings and scratches, otherwise its in pretty good shape for a truck with almost 200k mi

eezzyk
10-23-2011, 09:10 AM
93 GMC Z71 Just broke the rear diff for the third time. First time I broke a tooth on the ring gear, Second time the factory limited slip housing cracked and destroyed the new gears. Now the Pinion gear lost a tooth. Oh well I drive it like I stole it and have had it since 97 so I'm not complaining just tired of going in it.

FordeatinZ71
10-23-2011, 10:28 AM
well, on my '98 i only have a few minor issues...she has 148k miles on the entire, original drivetrain...

power steering gearbox leak (only leak on the whole truck...just needs a $13 seal...going to do next weekend)

gurgling sound under dash (like rushing water. seems to be common yet nobody has a cure-all fix...i'm not real worried about it)

heat isn't as hot as it should be (most likely no thermostat...gonna check out today...)

temp gauge doesn't work (CTS needs replaced)

some retard (not this retard) rode with the parking brake on and they didn't replace the warped rear drums...has a vibration when slowing down...an up/down vibration, not side/side so i know it's the drums, not the discs...

otherwise i'd have to say my truck is mint. since i've had it i've replaced the upper/lower door pins on the driver's side, replaced the roller pin (the pin that holds the door open) on the passenger side, changed the oil and did some color matching on the bowtie in the grille...

1badbowtie4x4
10-24-2011, 06:06 PM
warped flex plate, missing teeth on starter and too much psi going to the carb, so it is sitting lol

jriv454
10-24-2011, 06:20 PM
Well for starters,needs heater core (does not have one),a/c dont work ,pwr door locks dont work,leaks oil and burns on exh.man.,needs drivers door handle.And it needs new interior.1991 GMC K2500 454.

DarkCharisma
10-24-2011, 06:34 PM
Needs shocks, a lower ball joint and tires. Wheels are an optional problem. Balljoint is in the mail, shocks will be ordered on the 6th. Tires ... well I'll get tires as soon as it snows.

FordeatinZ71
10-24-2011, 06:46 PM
drive carefully, Chad...those ball joints can pop out with little to no notice when they get bad...could get ugly fast...

DarkCharisma
10-24-2011, 06:52 PM
drive carefully, Chad...those ball joints can pop out with little to no notice when they get bad...could get ugly fast...

Yeah, LBJ's can be a bit hairy when they go bad. This one is still solid, just a bit out of spec. I've inspected it a few times to make sure... but it's definitely getting replaced in the next couple days, as soon as the part gets here.

bananabrain
10-24-2011, 06:58 PM
Fixed pretty much all of my problems, only thing left is the cab corners are rusting & my rockers are starting to bubble. Of course a few scratch's in the paint & a few door dings on the passenger side.

shortychev93
10-24-2011, 10:14 PM
95 Chev-Cab corners are gone and so are the rockers, box is shot, needs new gas tank (Friday), Paint, some interior bits and pieces, new doors (got a mint set coming soon), mechanically is excellent, might need a Tranny eventually due to bushings being all worn out but is still very strong.

93 Chev-Needs total resto (begun but wont be making major progress until closer to winter) plus I've got a dirtbike and other toys that need attention.

I've got some work to do....

jriv454
10-31-2011, 05:30 PM
Needs shocks badly, needs steering colunm adjusted ( to loose ). 1991 GMC K2500 7.4L .

chevy254
10-31-2011, 05:39 PM
Needs new shocks and brakes squeak like no other.

FordeatinZ71
10-31-2011, 06:54 PM
one more thing to "add". i replaced the original thermostat (stuck open) and the temperature sending unit (gauge didn't work) and now the gauge reads 230-240 when the truck is at normal temperature...guess i either got a bad new sending unit (highly possible) or a bad gauge...checked the engine with an external thermometer...she's not running a fever...:D

Stealth HD
10-31-2011, 08:09 PM
Biggest thing wrong with my truck is that it's in someone elses driveway :lol:

11 more days and I'll have something "new" to share....

FordeatinZ71
10-31-2011, 08:16 PM
yea Stealth...that IS a definite issue with the truck...it is sorely missed by the FSC community...:(

budweiser
11-02-2011, 09:42 PM
well lets see...

needs a heater core, knock sensor replacement, front driveshaft, power mirrors work kinda iffy, could really use a full bath, and needs some new carpet.

FordeatinZ71
11-03-2011, 05:32 AM
yea but if you drink enough Budweiser none of that matters...:crazy:

BTW, post pics of that '71 Trans Am!

PETTERLE
11-03-2011, 08:15 AM
leaky front diff
ifs
wiring
700r4 is slipping
smog illegal
no highbeams
no a/c
some body damage
lots and lots of rust on the frame

but i still love her and have no desire to get rid of her. she's gonna be my winter project when i get back to the states!
*edit* and thats only the '88....the 93 is even worse.

FordeatinZ71
11-03-2011, 02:52 PM
that's love...:D

csurane24
11-03-2011, 04:36 PM
2011 chevy 2500 with 20k on the clock and going on my 3rd driveshaft already.

FordeatinZ71
11-03-2011, 06:53 PM
well damn, stop neutral dropping it already! i'm going on 150k on my '98 and it's never even needed u-joints...and they're tighter than a virgin on prom night...

Benny00Z71
11-03-2011, 07:01 PM
2011 chevy 2500 with 20k on the clock and going on my 3rd driveshaft already.

why? :think:

DADIRTYKID
11-03-2011, 07:25 PM
Only 2 things wrong with mine. 505,000 miles and the interior smells like the ass end of a corpse. The interior is coming out this weekend. As for the mileage, I'll keep racking it up.

Benny00Z71
11-03-2011, 07:35 PM
Only 2 things wrong with mine. 505,000 miles and the interior smells like the ass end of a corpse. The interior is coming out this weekend. As for the mileage, I'll keep racking it up.

year? make? model? mods? are those original miles? holy crap that's a lot on the clock.

FordeatinZ71
11-03-2011, 08:10 PM

well, your screen name is "DADIRTYKID". maybe that's a clue to the source of the odor...:lol:

PETTERLE
11-03-2011, 09:06 PM
that's love...:D

haha its tough to take care of it when youre broke, plus after it sits for awhile it likes to start breaking stuff. but its never left me stranded and has done everything i asked of it without skipping a beat. now that ive got the money to take care of it, it's going to get the attention it needs.

silverado_lover
11-03-2011, 09:09 PM
It still has an LO5

budweiser
11-03-2011, 10:38 PM
yea but if you drink enough Budweiser none of that matters...:crazy:

BTW, post pics of that '71 Trans Am!

just because you asked lol

what it looked like after we finished restoring it
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r111/ibunkerfatkids/57120_455656262829_682862829_5511196_7053878_o.jpg

after the new paint, and some work under the hood :burn:
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r111/ibunkerfatkids/221801_165212580204422_100001470429250_356204_7803 828_n.jpg
next time im at my dads ill snap some more pictures

DADIRTYKID
11-04-2011, 12:09 AM
year? make? model? mods? are those original miles? holy crap that's a lot on the clock.

It's a 1994 GMC k2500 light duty (6 lug). The engine is origional. The only thing it's had done to it are gaskets, a few water pumps, and valve stem seals twice. 5 transmissions, a transfer case, both axles and 1 fuel pump.It was my Dad's work truck so, it's been used. After he passed away it sat for a few years but, I didn't have the heart to get rid of it. I started driving it again about 6 months ago. All I have done to it was rebuild the steering and suspension and give it a good tune up. I live in the mountains west of Denver and the thing has never let me or my Dad down. It's a member of the family. One day it will get a full restoration, but for now it's my daily transportation since I decided to go back to school. I've been averaging about 500 miles a week on it. I've got a spare engine on a stand just in case but last I checked a few months ago, compression was around 105 to 110 psi on all cylinders. It might be time for valve stem seals here in a few. He always changed the oil every 3000 miles and it got 5 quarts of 5w30 and a quart of ATF thrown in too. I had the valve covers off a few weeks ago and underneath is still clean with NO sludge. My goal is 1,000,000 miles but, I probably won't live long enough to do that.

FordeatinZ71
11-04-2011, 11:02 AM
that is damn impressive...keep 'er going!

ryan441
01-09-2012, 09:45 AM
rebuilt entire front suspension including a new cv shaft, new radiator, water pump, alternator, idler pully, engine, front drive shaft, carrier bearing, center console lid broke off, windows need help going up, trans slips, ive done the rear diff cover seal twice and still leaks...now before you say im doing it wrong ive done rear end fluid many times on other vehicles, new diff cover might be in near future

loudbluez71
01-09-2012, 10:56 AM
if it stumbles on start up like it wanted to cut back off clean ur egr valve its the little port on the throddle body just spray so carb cleaner down in it worked on my truck

Quyonmob
01-09-2012, 11:02 AM
Two major things.

1- Intermediate steering shaft. New one should be on my doorstep tomorrow.
2- It's stock. :(

bananabrain
01-09-2012, 02:50 PM
Updated list from last time:

-Rusted out drivers cab corner
-Passengers starting to rust
-Rockers (both sides) are bubbling on the backside by the cab corners
-Transmission may need a rebuild
-Few scratches & minor dings
-Arm rest are starting to crack

1988 GMC 355
01-09-2012, 03:58 PM
Dome light doesn't work
Driver side outer door handle broke
passenger side cab corner rust
needs hubs sometime soon

Mr_Shamrock
01-09-2012, 06:19 PM
1998 -
Needs an alignment - it goes straight but the wheel points at 12:30
Needs a good polishing - PO swirled the crap out of the last buff job
Needs passenger side ABS sensor
Needs new fresh/recirc. blend door motor
Needs passenger seat track - it is coming apart so the seat rocks a little
Need to find/fix slight oil leak at front of motor - I think it is the oil cooler line

1995 -
Need to figure out why it stalls when it is first started in the morning - picking up a AC Delco EGR valve tomorrow
Needs new bumpers front and rear, new grill, and lights
Needs to be driven more

2003 -
Needs steering box
Need to replace a bunch of indicator bulbs inside
Need to figure out slight annoying vibration noise when idling
Just noticed today it is overdue for oil change

A needy bunch I have!!!!!

96Z71Siverado
01-10-2012, 06:00 AM
1996 Ext Cab 4X4 Z71 (indigo blue)

Let see..in no particular order after 1st Fuel pump
23000 mi Fuel pump
intake gasket leak
water pump
P/S Pump
Misc Brake Jobs..
bottoms of doors rusting @ 30000mi tryied to prolong sanded and undercoated (Worked on driver side Pass side is a gonner)
pinion seal leak
Driver door sags
outside driver door handle cracked (still works)
replaced driver door inside handle
4X4 actuator
3rd fuel pump Oct 08
4th & 5th fuel pump june of 2011
horns replaced
Driver seat leather ripping..
several tail lamp circuit boards replaced
A/C compressor
Condensor
A/C lines (p.s . if you have to ever replace the condensor or line assy, be prepaired to replace it all.. GM's crap design of aluminum lines with a steel fitting, good luck disconnecting without destroying whatever its connected too)
2 tune ups in its life one @ 30000 1 @ 125000
3rd battery
Engine Knock on cold mornings at start up but goes right away (Pisses me OFF)
both front bearing hubs replaced
ABS light comes on intermittenly..starting to suspect one of the fairly new bearing hubs (abs activated a couple times in the past month coming to a slow stop with hard LH turn suspect RH hub)
2nd alternator
P/s line replacement
Brake tube replacement from rear axle to front of truck
longer crank time on cold start up ever since I replaced last fuel pump (original CTS)
5th set of tires since originals due for 6th this spring/summer
Thats about it over the life of my truck , been very good to me

99urbansuburban
01-10-2012, 12:02 PM
needs hood painted it is all sun fadded.
carpet is pretty stained
could use new upholstery wear and tear on the leather
other than that it is all working great
intake leaks but fixing that now.

MCFLY49
01-15-2012, 04:59 PM
I love having this thread at the top of every search I do. It is really cool having threads like this, and "What did you do to your truck today". Can't they make a section dedicated to random BS, instead if in the tech/maintenance section?

DarkCharisma
01-15-2012, 05:16 PM
Defrost door wont f*cking work. Really, that's about it mechanically.

Benny00Z71
01-15-2012, 08:23 PM
I love having this thread at the top of every search I do. It is really cool having threads like this, and "What did you do to your truck today". Can't they make a section dedicated to random BS, instead if in the tech/maintenance section?

Even if they did it would still come up in a search :chair:

MCFLY49
01-16-2012, 01:13 PM
Even if they did it would still come up in a search :chair:

Not if I searched this section, and this thread was in a different section. You can try ehow.com to learn how to use the search function.

the 73 beast
01-16-2012, 05:43 PM
1991 3/4 ton 4WD SUBURBAN 5.7L TBI, 4L80-E TRANS. 3.73 GEARING, 4" SUSPENSION LIFT, 33" BF GOODRICH TIRES, GM CRATE ENGINE 33,000 M MILES AGO, TRUCK CURRENTLY HAS 162,622 MILES, 2ND OWNER,MSD IGNITION DISTRIBUTOR,BOX,WIRES, 1-NEEDS NEW PAINT JOB 2-NEEDS A STEERING SHAFT 3-NEEDS A BETTER GEAR BOX 4-NEED TO REPLACE THE FOLLOWING PARTS TOO:EGR VACUUM SOLENOID,EGR VALVE,MAP SENSOR,VAPOR CANISTOR,THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR,IDLE AIR CONTROL VALVE,TBI REBUILT KIT,NEW INJECTORS THESE ARE PARTS THAT I LEARN FROM READING HERE, OTHERWISE I WOULD HAVE NEVER KNOWN , 5-WOULD LOVE TO GET BETTER FRWY MILEAGE AS ORIGINAL ENGINE GOT 11-13 AT 75MPH, CURRENTLY GET AVG.8.5 MPH BUT I REALLY LOVE THIS SUBURBAN, WHEN PULLING 28' 6300 LBS TRAVEL TRAILER AVG. 5.5 MPH. MONEY WISE IF I COULD AFFORD IT I'D BUY A DURAMAX DIESEL, BEEN A CHEVY MAN FOR 37 YRS. SO ITS HARD TO TEACH A OLD DOG NEW TRICKS !!!!!!! SO THATS MY STORY.:scared::scared::cool:

ryan441
01-16-2012, 09:14 PM
rebuilt entire front suspension including a new cv shaft, new radiator, water pump, alternator, idler pully, engine, front drive shaft, carrier bearing, center console lid broke off, windows need help going up, trans slips, ive done the rear diff cover seal twice and still leaks...now before you say im doing it wrong ive done rear end fluid many times on other vehicles, new diff cover might be in near future
update:another new carrier bearing, new ujoint and those plastic quick disconnects that go into the heater core...soon enough im gonna have a brand new truck hah

1984montemaniac
01-18-2012, 03:39 PM
Water pump leaked, new throttle body, dang exhaust manifold bolts broke and are a PITA to replace so i have an exhaust leak, drivers window regulator, brake lines were all replaced-rust, body is a dent magnet....

Still, love the truck and have 100,500 miles on my 03 Silverado 2500 HD 4X4

Andrew.
01-18-2012, 04:24 PM
its a pile of absolute fuc...

let me re-phrase. WHO WANTS A SLIGHTLY USED RCSB?

1997Chevy!
01-18-2012, 04:38 PM
Has a miss (still working on that)
Tranny seems to have a slip or computer messup when put in to over drive. Was told a miss could cause it.
Mirrors are coming apart, and mirror adjustment knob is gone
carpet missing in one patch
center console cup holder is fugged up.
door handles are all trash.
rear tires are worn
1 window visor is on and broken
busted grill
random dings and straches
bedliner not all the way bolted in.

bananabrain
01-18-2012, 05:32 PM
Passengers side fog light went out :mad:

Just got done fixing the drivers side about a month ago, stupid cheap bulbs that come with the lights.

unklruckess
02-01-2012, 03:09 PM
my 08 4.8 silverado is starting to overheat along with the transmission and the fans aren't kicking on until i turn the a\c on. Any ideas?

old chevy man
02-01-2012, 03:37 PM
Cab corners on 97 starting to bubble just the slightest . . . .

Chevytodd
02-01-2012, 04:56 PM
It's about a foot and a half too short, is AWD instead of 4WD, it has IFS and is not diesel powered.... :looking:

bdmlilburn
02-01-2012, 07:44 PM
90 c3500 5.7l tbi

right now...can't find a second person to help bleed the clutch and cant seem to be able to get the air out myself, turn signals dont like to work, and something drains the battery if i forget to unplug it

i miss driving her..

Embark31
02-23-2012, 12:32 PM
93 GMC K1500

I love my truck but there is a lot of work that needs to be done to it. Body Work, paint, idler & pitman arms need to be replaced, pitman arm seal bad, oil cooler lines & oil filter adapter leak, leak in the fuel tank, no exhaust and i think i have to replace the seal on the drive shaft too. All i have done so far is replaced the headliner with a nice Mossy Oak pattern.

Massey
02-23-2012, 01:21 PM
I just replaced the radiator because it was split and for the first few days after all was good... Now I smell antifreeze again but still cant find any coolant that is not where it is not supposed to be.

Massey

Benny00Z71
02-23-2012, 02:01 PM
"squeak squeak squeak squeak" as i drive down the road until I hit my brakes, and a big "Squeak" every time I take off.

wayne220
02-23-2012, 02:20 PM
Its a Chevy:daddy:

TheBigMortboski
02-23-2012, 07:52 PM
-ABS Light - left front sensor, haven't gotten to it
-Airbag Light - no idea
-Dents on both lower bedsides behind rear wheels - somewhat obscured by the POS chrome rocker trim (I knew that stuff must be good for something)
-Dent on the left front fender, with a somewhat poor dent pulling previously attempted
-Pinstriping that is gray, pink, and purple. No, no rainbow sticker
-Couple of cigarette burns in the seats, and an odor of cigarette smoke that I'm having a hard time getting out
-No Blue Oval on the grill - although a "GMC" is a close second

All in all, not too shabby for the price I paid. Seems to be dead nuts reliable so far.

Chriscon7
02-23-2012, 08:19 PM
It's about a foot and a half too short, is AWD instead of 4WD, it has IFS and is not diesel powered.... :looking:

sounds like you bought the wrong truck!

2HeavyChevy
02-24-2012, 09:41 PM
mine makes a phantom squeak in the summer i disappears in the winter and when ever i bring it to a mech...
sucks up too much gas
needs a Lsx 454 engine :lol:
heat sucks and takes forever when its cold out I get heat about when its at 190 but not good until 210
replaced water pump
last spark plug on the pass side is a pain in the ass to get not to mention the boots
gm waited until 03 to install electric fans, digital temp controls, double din and added the switch to the headlamp control to shut off the lights unlike pressing the dome override 20 times
window motors are getting slow, need to replace them soon
you have to remove a bar to take out the battery also not enough room to disconnect the positive if I'm correct, not sure on that
the underside of the cab is rusting by the doors
transmission overflow hose leaks just enough to annoy me (had it flushed like 4 months ago and then problem started also the phantom squeak)

2HeavyChevy
02-24-2012, 09:47 PM
Oh and the fog light front covers seem to like to pop off when your not looking

40oz to Freedom
02-25-2012, 07:23 AM
Here's my list! lol

1992 172,xxx miles

Exterior:
Cab Corners
Driverside Rocker
Driver side Lip over rear tire.
Body work
Needs Painted (currently three different color's)
Rear window
Driver side door needs replaced
Door's Adjusted
Passenger side mirror
Rear end noise
Rear Brake's Fixed
Replace front rotor's and pads
Adjust column shifter linkage/cable.

Interior:
Driver side Door Panel
(2) Window Cranks
Interior Dye
Blown 4x6 Speaker's
heat won't change from the dash vent's

Engine:
Oil Change
Tune-Up
Tensioner Pulley
Idler Pulley
Belt
Air filter
Power Steering Pump

I thank that's about it!

So, far I've I have fixed the noise coming from the rear end by replacing the wheel bearings, carrier bearings, carrier races, and wheels seals. I have also replaced the driver's door and swapped out the stock air cleaner for a Mr. Gasket setup with a 3" filter. Right now I'm waiting on part's from rock auto which will knock out a good portion of my list.

SteveLNEw
02-25-2012, 08:59 AM
Rear Main Seal is starting to leak.

mainechev
02-25-2012, 09:09 AM
Needs:
-New fuel pump
-New fuel tank
-New 3.73s for the 14 bolt (currently mismatched front to rear)
-Intake gasket
-Tires
-Heater blower motor

All of which will be replaced when I get my check from the insurance company from totaling my car last week.

Step 1. Buy $3000 Beetle
Step 2. Wreck Beetle
Step 3. ?????
Step 4. Profit. Insurance comp. asked if the NADA value of $6500 would be enough :thud: :head::flipoff::happy:

Oscar Pedroza
04-07-2012, 02:37 PM
replaced knock sensors and harness intake manifold gasket ,seafoamed it , but now i got a tricky one , i get p0430 (efficiency below threshhold) when i turn on my ac ! what the deuce ! Any suggestions on why ?!!

Srabai47
04-07-2012, 09:05 PM
94 c1500 4.3 nv3500 263,xxx miles

-A car drive into the side of my bed
-The bed has an access hole in it that needs to be rewelded
-I hit the brakes and the truck shakes back and forth and side to side. Warped rotors and misset drums
-I took a grinder to my spindle to remove a welded bearing race. The wheel may fall off tomorrow
-Ball Joints have been gone since i bought it
-the timing is way off
-it has the 4.3L engine in it
-rear wheel bearings
-front wheel bearings
-much more ive fixed

Even with all the **** wrong with my truck i still drive it every day and get about 18mpg average. Thanks GM for making a truck that can run on fumes forever

PA.REDNECK
06-05-2012, 08:55 PM
96 C1500
-small rust bubble on drivers side cab corner
-wrinkle/dent in fender and hood
-cat is bad

94 K1500
*I just got this truck so it has it's problems but it was a good price, In time they will all be fixed*
-oil lines are starting to go bad
-clear coat is chipping/paint faded
-exhaust is in bad shape
-tear in headliner/sagging
-dent in tailgate
-Intake bad
-valve gaskets bad

Thats all I can think of now but none of theae problems are urgent or real bad so for now i'll live with them

Nichevo
06-13-2012, 12:40 AM
Maybe I need to get a Ford.......lol

My Ford ZX2 has been a great car for the past 165,000 miles and the only thing that has ever gone wrong with it was a timing belt at 150k and the ignition switch at 130k and thats a lot more than I can say about any of the 25 GM's I have had

The Ford cars are great but I've had bad luck with the few ford trucks I have had. My old 89 F150 couldn't make it 10 miles and my 88 F350 spontaneously burst into flames so an Expedition would be out of the question.

I had an 03 Tahoe for a while and it was great but it didn't even have 10k on it. I'm buying a wrecked 2000 Tahoe NBS with 156k for $5500 (needs $1500 worth of work) and I hope it'll be more reliable than the Suburban. Does anybody on here have a NBS with over 150k on it? How well do they hold up?

Dude! I guess my 01 Burb 1500 LT was built on a Wednesday then...she has 222k...got it from friend in PA at 213k last year after he passed.

All it had under warranty was a coupla bulbs...all I did was the EGR valve and a new windshield (huge crack; hit deer or something) to pass NY inspection, that and swapped the worst tire with the spare.

Since then did LF wheel hub, MAF sensor, knocks, O2s (probably no need the MAF/knocks fooled me), mirror switch, RF window regulator, futzed with the sunroof. Just swapped CHMSL, it's a sealed unit.

I still owe it an all-fluids flush; I believe my friend never did any of that and I know he added universal coolant to the Dex-Cool. A little terrified of doing the tranny but it seems fine and if it's fine a flush won't kill it right? (Guess I should spring for a filter too or don't bother?)

Lessee...what else...spot of rust on rt qtr panel at bottom between wheel and door. Few dastardly not-my-fault dents. The deer or whatever also took out both airdam foglights, bent bottom of brush guard by the tow hook, scratched up hood some. Stupid breast cancer ribbon on rear glass so long I think the sun baked its shadow into the tint. Rear defogger wires cracked off but garage glued 'em back on.

Radio knob. Center console lid cracked slightly. Missing driver floor mat. Driver seat cushion has a two inch crack beginning to form.

Hmm...oh yeah. Bubble of paint by tailgate lock, assume rust is coming but couldn't see any nor push finger through paint.

Oh ok...ABS light comes on sometimes. Don't know why. Had 2 recalls done, one on ABS ground (didn't help) and one on the fuel pump. No probs, though the dealer groused that I was lucky b/c the tank was 3/4 full and there's some rust underneath. They say my dust shields are rusted out and I know my e-brakes don't do much. Not sure if just need shoes & cables or what.

Ah...CV joint going on LF where I had the hub. And the water pump is going I think - so says Midas. Wonder if it's just the gaskets or what...but I think it is beginning to make moaning sounds.

Oh yes...front and rear blower motor resistors....did both.

Air filter, cabin air filter, done.

Mmmm...oh the worst thing...AC leak...seems it's the evap core...$100 for the part but I, or Midas, has to pull apart the whole dashboard to get at it.

Oh yeah...dealer got me for front diff and tailshaft seals. (They were probably fine, Midas saw that underside a dozen times and thought nothing of anything they saw.)

With all that - and before I fixed any of that - she started with a flick of the wrist, snapped your head back at the green light, handled like a sportscar, quiet and comfy like a Cadillac, and you could sleep in it.

How do they hold up?...Sir, this Silao-built senorita has singlehandedly made me a Chevy man, at least a Chevy truck man.

I just wish she drank less.

SteveLNEw
06-13-2012, 07:47 AM
Not that it's needed any time soon, but the heated seats are not working...
It also has a rubbing noise in the steering column... Not sure if it's because of the 4" lift or what could be causing it.

HawgEnvy
06-13-2012, 08:47 AM
'94 GMC RCLB 4x4. Only had the truck 3wks. No major issues at all.

Fixed(unplugged annoying ac accuator)
Fixed cargo light(cleaned prongs on plug for the switch)
Fixed flashing heater display(was unplugged,plugged it back in)

Needs cosmetics. Rust and dents on drivers side bedside(to be replaced with a rust free bed)
Grill cracked(replace),pass side hood and fender dented/creased(replace),will be welding in new cab corners
Need new solenoid for the factory dual battery set up. Needs DS seatbelt retractor.

Plans include installing 3" body lift when I swap the bed,315/75/16 mudders(currently 285/75/16 BFG AT),get rid of the nasty two-tone red/white paint(going either black or dark charcoal w red
Metallic to match interior.

Found a 2wd doner w matching interior and good body for parts.

Wlfman
06-13-2012, 08:52 AM
97 C1500/Silverado RCSB

Headlight housings HAZY - soon to be replaced
Left side rear bumper needs new rubber trim - previous owner backed into a post and messed it up
Door handle trim FADED
Small hole in the OEM muffler - soon to be replaced with a new full system

silverado_lover
06-13-2012, 12:03 PM
Well I don't have an A/C compressor anymore, the e-fans aren't coming on, I don't have a transmission temperature gauge, and the alternator isn't quite pumping out enough power for my needs once I hook my system back up and have the e-fans working as they should.

gptrash420
06-13-2012, 10:41 PM
I've had 4 88-98 pickups now.. By the third one I learned to ask "Whats wrong with it, seriously?". Every one of these trucks has a problem in some fashion. Doesn't have to be anything major, but a problem is always there haha. For example my 91 c1500 ran like a dream, was very ugly but reliable. Buuutttt the windshield wipers operated like a union worker. My 1990 c1500, same thing, ugly, ran great.. But the heater controls had no backlight, although they still worked, you were just guessing at what it was set to. Then I had my 94 k2500 diesel. I could write an essay on its problems. And now my 96 c1500. Besides a cratered water pump and everything around it(my fault) the only thing wrong with it is the drivers door. Only opens from the outside, only unlocks from the inside. Sure, these are all very simple fixes and don't affect the engine or drivetrain, but its rather amusing how every 88-98 seems to have a "little trick". Adds character :)

BurbanAZ
06-13-2012, 10:49 PM
with my 92k2500 454suburban there are a ton of little tricks. If u have to open the hood u have to pull the release but the hood sticks so u have to hit it with ur hand as ur walking to the middle of the hood and it will pop up right when u get there but if u hit too hard it will lock again and u have to start over. If u have to open the passenger door on the drivers side u have to lock and unlock 3 times for it to actually unlock. With my 95 k1500 350 suburban the barn doors never worked right u have to push at the bottom of the door then pull the handle then push in and pull out on the center to open it. I just bought a 94 k2500 6.5td suburban so i havent learned the tricks yet but im sure i will lol, but so far ive found that headlights like to turn off if u are turning left with a left blinker on.

1badbowtie4x4
06-13-2012, 10:54 PM
The 83 one ton needs a new cam due to a worn lobe and wheel bearings.

gptrash420
06-13-2012, 10:58 PM
with my 92k2500 454suburban there are a ton of little tricks. If u have to open the hood u have to pull the release but the hood sticks so u have to hit it with ur hand as ur walking to the middle of the hood and it will pop up right when u get there but if u hit too hard it will lock again and u have to start over. If u have to open the passenger door on the drivers side u have to lock and unlock 3 times for it to actually unlock. With my 95 k1500 350 suburban the barn doors never worked right u have to push at the bottom of the door then pull the handle then push in and pull out on the center to open it. I just bought a 94 k2500 6.5td suburban so i havent learned the tricks yet but im sure i will lol, but so far ive found that headlights like to turn off if u are turning left with a left blinker on.

My diesel and my 96 both do the hood thing haha

Ackattack
07-03-2012, 05:32 AM
'03 Suburban
-ABS would malfunction and pulsate when going slow so I cleaned the wheel speed sensor, so then the ABS light would be on. I pulled the ABS fuse for now
-seat heaters don't work
-won't engage 4LO (I put a new transfer case in it a year and a half ago and then just put a new controller motor in it and now it won't go into LO but at least it will go into 4HI)

- 97 CC Dually (just got on Saturday)
- It has a gas sucking 454....planning on a 12V cummins to fix that issue :D
- Its a 2wd dually (setting it on the 4x4 dodge frame to fix that)
- Its a dually (lengthening the dodge frame to be able to run a fleetside shortbed)
- A/C doesn't blow much air out
- tranny looses OD when it gets hot (5 speed will take care of that)

CBentley
08-31-2012, 03:25 PM
Couple strut bushings, steering gear box, upper ball joints. Other then that I think she is a happy truck! I will be fixing these in the next month.

redvett01
08-31-2012, 04:02 PM
Does not pull 18000 lbs and get 30 mpg. Just kidding. Nothing on my 2004 is wrong with 48000mi. Has not been to the dealer for warranty second truck to make it past warranty in miles or time.

99SilveradoNBS
07-18-2013, 04:06 AM
SES Light is on, p0327 & P0332 (If my memory serves me correct.) for Knock sensors. ABS light is on. not sure why.

stockchevy1983
07-18-2013, 06:43 AM
Quite a few things. Runs rich, burns oil, driver side window motor actually fell apart the other day, cancer on cab corners, etc... But runs excellent and still gets job done.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

bobfig
07-18-2013, 08:04 AM
With my new to me 05 truck nothing is wrong with it. If I had to nitpick new tires would be nice but all is good.

CKTA
07-18-2013, 08:33 AM
with my 92k2500 454suburban there are a ton of little tricks. If u have to open the hood u have to pull the release but the hood sticks so u have to hit it with ur hand as ur walking to the middle of the hood and it will pop up right when u get there but if u hit too hard it will lock again and u have to start over.

You know some lube on the latch will cure that problem right? :read:

95C1500ECSB
07-18-2013, 08:39 AM
oh boy, let's see
- passenger AC vent is stuck facing the floorboard because the little tab broke off
- hood release broken and doesn't always open hood. I have to get out, push it until it clicks, then try again
- tear in the carpet
- back of cab (Extended) rattles and creaks even on smooth roads
- exhaust rattles bad
- idles a little rough
- needs a tune up
- gets 12.5 mpg (hoping tune up will fix)
- shocks squeak
- bumper trim falling off
- oil leak somewhere

very dependable truck all around. Some of the things I can live with like the shocks squeeking but some things (gas mileage) I just can't handle when I shove off to college.

FordeatinZ71
07-18-2013, 11:07 AM
Let's see...on my 04 as of now
-dent in right rear of bed (to be fixed ASAP)
-left fog lamp out (fixed as of 5:30 today)
-lights on temp sliders out
-exhaust hanger needs rewelded
-dash peeling in 2 spots
-license plate lamp randomly falls out.

Sent from your mom's bed...

Caustic
07-18-2013, 11:30 PM
99 eclb 2500 6.0 auto

Rusted cab corners/rockers
O2 number 2 on bank 2 (i think that is rear passenger o2?)
Latch broken on center console
Front diff leaks
Oil leaks (tried synthetic on a motor that has 130,000 kilometers)
I think it has a bad u joint will be checking this weekend.

And asthetics, the rake is HORRIBLE front end is so low lol.
And will be peeling Off the 4x4 decals on the box as well as possibly the 2500 on the doors

89stang1
07-19-2013, 12:08 PM
99 GMC burb 5.7 back diff leak, inside door lock mechanism break, u joints, i was having all kinds of bad symptoms bad vibration at 60mph lots of clunking especially as i was slowing down to stop well changed u joints it fixed all symptoms i just named running great now.

QuadraDuraburb
07-19-2013, 12:13 PM
99 chevy burb 5.7l 2500 a/c doesn't blow cold anymore and I think just started burning a little bit of oil (164k miles) back driver and rear barn doors don't lock with the lock button.
2004 suburban qs 6.0l 2500 only problem is rear vents only blow cold.

rmodel65
07-19-2013, 12:56 PM
97 K1500 with 140k miles my AC doesnt work and I have a PS fluid leak

adinpoor
07-19-2013, 01:13 PM
94 k1500 with 211K ac doesent work, Battery refuses to remain charged,aftermaket alarm.....,some rot in the bed. A half dollar sized hole in the stepside. Need to weld up some hes due to a fastback being on there... interior looks likr crap because its grey and wad owned by a carpenter.. But even with all this i love my truck.

tone1978
07-19-2013, 10:16 PM
92 sierra. traded car for
windshield is ****ed
check engine light and stalling after warm
headliner sagging
passenger window doesn't work without help
drivers window only goes halfway down
drivers door pin or bushing bad
as of 7/19 all in one day had to fix busted brake line. then 2 blocks down the street serpentine belt broke, after that hit a rain storm and wipers didn't work probably bad motor, works if i tap on it.
trans holds gears way too long if i'm light throttle
super stiff gas pedal
possible exhaust leak at drivers side manifold, (sounds like a knock at low revs but disappears at higher revs and is absent at idle as well)
currently working with alot of air in brake lines
truck has 295,000 miles

FordeatinZ71
07-20-2013, 10:19 AM
i guess i can do my wife's '04 K1500 ecsb...
-HVAC lights are out, also the HVAC has a mind of it's own and randomly turns the driver's side to blazing hot.
-rear tires are bald
-front fascia is cracked
-has deep scratches/dings all over it
-driver's seat is torn
-4wd doesn't work (t-case will pop/grind when you put it in and try to use it, it also randomly goes into Auto 4wd by itself on occasion)
-transmission is on it's way out (have to run it in Tow/Haul mode to make it shift remotely right)
-has a weird @$$ creaking sound from passenger side of dash while braking that i haven't figured out
-has a surging problem under light load
-check engine light randomly comes on from the rear O2 sensor going bad
-left door accent light is missing it's lens
-door jamb switch in the driver's door occasionally doesn't work (you'll open the door and the radio will just keep on playing.)
-windshield is busticated and glazed horribly

i think that's about it...lol. keep in mind, the truck has 306k on it...:aniteef:

Chriscon7
07-20-2013, 02:19 PM
Looks like you got some work to do! hahaha

SoSoFLY
07-20-2013, 07:50 PM
07 Silverado - Forgot to get TPMS sensors for the new wheels and have the light on constantly. Shes got a small lull in her from cold startup and doesnt like to get up and go for about 10 seconds after startup. No codes though.

Steve83
07-21-2013, 07:40 PM
Not a damn thing! Everything works like it's still on the showroom floor, or better. ;)

The problem is that it seems to be the ONLY ONE still out there that's not a complete rolling disaster, so nobody believes that it's in this good of condition.

southcarolina13
07-21-2013, 07:59 PM
when i got rid of the nnbs the only problems were that the tpms light was on cause i didnt have the sensors on the rims and every now and then for some odd reason sometimes when i unlocked the door on the key fob the passenger side mirror would turn all the way 2 the right and keep trying to turn even after its turned as far as it could. it would keep doing this until i cranked the truck up or mashed lock on the key fob.

FordeatinZ71
07-21-2013, 10:00 PM
Looks like you got some work to do! hahaha

yes i do...but i got a screaming deal on the truck and i'll make it a real nice runner...

freeman35
07-21-2013, 11:24 PM
95 ecsb k1500
blown headgasket,
bed has a million dents
half the interior is missing due to a fire and was in the process of replacing and painting everything

Chevy53
07-22-2013, 07:27 AM
Transfer case clunk (output shaft I think) and I think it has a slight misfire but I'm not sure

-Ziggy-

Outlawz2004
07-22-2013, 11:40 AM
spins the tires way to easy with the new engine/trans/gears causing rear tires to wear quickly.

JaredPuk
07-22-2013, 04:49 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1043974_10151531973520732_948346312_n.jpg

88montess
07-22-2013, 05:46 PM
a lot.

To be specific:

major things that I'll probably have to take care of sooner rather than later:
Transmission - magnet was coated in metal shavings when fluid was changed, 3rd gear syncro is getting flaky, it's noisy (although whether it's noisier than any other HM290 I have no idea), and TBH I'm probably pushing it's torque capacity with just the bolt ons I have now.
Transfer case - leaks somewhere, never any drips on the pavement below the truck (of any sort) but it's always low when it's checked at every oil change

minor things that I'll get around to eventually:
passenger door has a dent & is missing the exterior handle. I have the handle for it, but not the rods that connect it & I'm too cheap to buy them (plus I can open it just fine), so it'll wait until I get new doors. It's also missing the interior handle, but I can still open it, so I'm not too worried.
driver's door is rusted out along the bottom
both cab corners are in pretty bad shape
hidden rust on the fenders & bed sides under the fender flares
bed has some small holes in it, along with a fuel pump access hole the po cut in it
it doesn't have a/c. that'll be fixed as soon as I get around to visiting the junkyard & getting the parts I need to add it

All in all though, it's a pretty solid truck, considering I paid $1300 for it a year & a half ago & have used it as a DD since

cstiles
07-22-2013, 07:30 PM
Lets see
Back window leaks
O2 sensors need replaced
Needs saggin springs replaced on driver side .front an back.
I gotta get the trans fluid changed.
Needs re geared for the huge tires on my 22s an I'm prolly forgettin a bit
But on the brite side my truck is not gone.a hd crew cab z71 an 16 ft trailer hit me at 60 miles an hour a while back..an the insurance company wanted to total it.it costed bout 7 k to fix it.an its only a 00 model.

My list stays a while cuz I got 3 kids a woman Ive been workin 7 days a week

FordeatinZ71
07-23-2013, 10:26 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1043974_10151531973520732_948346312_n.jpg

having a F*rd tow your Chevy is an offense punishable by death on here. push it.

Trckn4Life
07-23-2013, 11:17 AM
Tires are about to the point they need to be replaced and the stepper motor in cluster act up sometimes.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

94_c/1500
07-23-2013, 03:30 PM
Haven't posted on this for awhile. Mechanically, my truck is almost in great shape. It has over 214,000 miles. The rear brakes don't self adjust thanks to rusty parking brake cables. I plan to go with discs. The shocks are destroyed. The cab mount bushings are bad. The AC needs removed because it quit working. Body wise, it needs a few dents taken out, a new bedside, a new fender lip for the other bedside, and the whole truck needs repainted. Once I finish rebuilding another truck, I'm tearing this one down to fix everything, replace every wear item in the suspension and steering, even though they aren't bad, and fixing the body.

toy4x4
08-18-2013, 09:01 AM
Has a hard time starting. had replaced the fuel pump 1 year ago for the same problem.

ZR2Mudslinger
08-18-2013, 02:40 PM
In my Silverado the 4 wheel drive is messed up. Front driveshaft is locked in 2wd. Wont engage so i can disengage it. Something sounds broke in the front end.

Air conditioner doesnt work in my ZR2 and it sounds like a drag car because my muffler rotted off at the oval piece where the tail pipe comes out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhTGVu6_4qY

J1MMY
08-22-2013, 02:09 PM
Reverse slips
Slight leak on one of the trans cooler pipes
Bodywork needs a little tlc (nothing more than a few dents)
..and today I realised that the brake lights aren't working

Zmanenid
08-23-2013, 09:59 AM
bought 98 2 door Tahoe completely stock from a used car lot. OHHH BOY lets see. had to replace 1 CV axle both front hubs, radiator, valve cover gaskets, water pump, timing cover, oil pan pitman arm steering gear box. then to stop the howling coming from the rear end I rebuilt the rear diff then I went to reseal the front diff and found that the bearings were pitted so I rebuilt that to. hmm then transmission need to be rebuilt so I did that. then the ac did not blow strong from the vents so I dropped out the dash and replaced the vent doors, evaporator and heater core and all coolant hoses. Its on its way to being a brand new 1998 2 door Tahoe but I still love it

cwin2007
08-23-2013, 10:32 AM
Always seems to be something with my truck, but as a 235k mile daily driver nothing major.

1 year old alternator just went out but I replaced it under the lifetime warranty in the Oreillys parking lot. Long term fuel trim is about -17, and I have a slight hesitation starting the motor when it's hot occasionally so thinking its getting to be time to replace the spider. Clear coat on the passenger side bed rail and over the third door is flaking off pretty good. Passenger side of the cab in the back is also about half an inch lower than the body line of the bed, mounts look good but I guess it really isn't. Have a pretty good clunk shifting into gear a lot of the time, motor mounts are pretty shot. Dash just developed a crack in the center which quickly grew from the screw to the windshield.

I've had to replace the radiator, alternator, power steering pump, steering gear, fan clutch, ac system, all the head light housings, belt, regular tune up stuff, rear light boards, wiper board, exterior door handle clips, climate control module, recirculating blend door, and the transmission mount. Just redid my sagging head liner and visors in suede. I chose to replace the front and rear end along with the transfer case, which were still in great shape. Also swapped some stuff over from my burb with 142k, took the temp/compass rear view mirror, passenger side mirror, steering wheel, leather seats, headlight switch, grill, and some trim. Considering swapping the dash too unless someone wants to buy it before I do. I'm a little OCD with my vehicles...

But all in all, a great truck. Still gets 12+ mpg on the highway at 80mph and has plenty of power.

azfansinnc
08-23-2013, 11:06 AM
I bought this truck to tow the boat and camper with 185k on it. Sold the boat and it does not tow the camper very well due to a p0300 issue.

Now has 200k, and still throws the code. Has a completely new FI system in it so far. Drivers seat is crap. Trans is weak in reverse. Lower ball joints could be replaced. Needs body work but the paint is still good.

Still love to drive it for some reason. Have 3.73 axles to go in it soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

TIGERZ
08-23-2013, 12:52 PM
Sounds like a few of you need some motor mounts :naughty:

Koots
08-24-2013, 10:27 AM
My 02' HD needs new shocks, pitman/idler arms, it's got an exhaust leak from right around the pass.side cat, needs new motor and transmission mounts.

It could probably use a new set of upper control arms (or just try and replace the bushings in mine), a professional alignment (with lasers).

This truck may be expensive to keep going, with lots of minor things that break or is constantly broken on this thing, but it's been my daily driver for the past 3 years without completely breaking down on me. Everything that's happened was easily fixable in under 6-8 hours of work and some money (all done by me, at night, while the shop at work was available).

The 6.0L has been a fvcking champ though, with only tune up parts, a TPS and a fuel pump that's been wrong with it, in my time with it. I went through 1 4L80E (one with the previous owner too), a NVG-263 transfer case, a steering box and one 14Bolt FF, but the 6.0L and front axle are still going strong.

SoSoFLY
08-25-2013, 03:55 AM
Tire monitor light is always one cause I didnt know about those sensors when I bought new wheels for it. Ooops.

Has worn out upper BJs 2 times in 115,000km

I dont think the 4L60E is liking the hard driving, once in a while she floats between 1-2 and I dont recall that used to happen

Needs the rollpan welded in (poor fitting) and box repainted and a boxliner sprayed in next spring. Im just not happy with how that ProEFX pan fits, even after the bodyshop guy shaped the sides better. It needs welding in to look perfect.

Doesnt get enough BJs or ass inside of it cause of the center console, I think thats gotta go.

JDSmudde
08-25-2013, 04:13 AM
One bent wheel
Code 43
Trouble-shoot brakes
Extension seal/bushing (have both and going on this week)
In need of full service from sitting for 1.5 years + 164k miles
Minor dent repair (dime/quarter size about 10 of em)
Few interior items need replaced (broken vents, clips, missing knobs, etc)
Need to do all-out detailing job on her
Cracked windshield
Finish evicting previous owners tinkerbell decal from back window

I'm sure there's more, but that's my latest "need to fix this" list.

GirchyGirchy
08-26-2013, 07:47 AM
Bunches of ****.
- sloppy steering
- leak in door
- hole in floor (caused by the above)
- some sort of misfier
- coolant in oil

slacker665
09-06-2013, 09:23 AM
I am beginning to get some surface rust on cab corners and rockers, front fenders had rust on lower part when I bought it. It has a really tall drop bumper that has to go cause it rubs when I take it on ditch adventures. Some moron didn't install the aluminum running boards right and they are off 1/2 inch or so, looks horrible. A black paint job w/ the red pearl wouldn't hurt either. I'm fixin to pu a full floater in it too as soon as I can get the $200 to rebuild it. Other than all this it is PERFECT.

gobrowntruck21
09-07-2013, 08:04 PM
Radio drops presets every time truck is off, passenger power mirror doesn't work, oil pressure sensor doesn't read, its a SUV, and its not my previous truck. That is all.

Toolman
09-07-2013, 09:03 PM
It is 2013 not 2014 and it does not have navigation. :banghead:

gobrowntruck21
09-07-2013, 09:35 PM
Navigation for what? ...right you go to the ocean.... Left you go to the ocean...... Straight yep you go to the ocean.... and ya just left the ocean so.....

:aniteef:

Just kiddin.

Stealth HD
09-21-2013, 01:21 PM
The 11 year old tint job is starting to peel like crazy on the front doors.

Outlawz2004
09-21-2013, 02:22 PM
blend door actuator has been making noise, I guess its time to change it.

dakotaohara
09-27-2013, 07:18 AM
Engine Misfire at this point !

At0mictangerine
09-30-2013, 04:50 PM
Lost my fuel door bumpers. And it's kinds dirty...

Helomedic1171
10-29-2013, 01:22 PM
a list of mostly small things, but the two big ones are the A/C system needs a compressor, which I just picked up, and the E-brake is INOP after I swapped in NBS rear brakes. gotta figure that one out.

Quyonmob
10-29-2013, 01:25 PM
a list of mostly small things, but the two big ones are the A/C system needs a compressor, which I just picked up, and the E-brake is INOP after I swapped in NBS rear brakes. gotta figure that one out.

You swapped to 99-04 rear discs? 05+NBS have rear drums.

rmodel65
10-29-2013, 02:29 PM
my tahoe needs me to go out and install the new fuel pump

Helomedic1171
10-29-2013, 02:32 PM
You swapped to 99-04 rear discs? 05+NBS have rear drums.

yes. I used a single piston caliper set-up from an '01 1500. much better stopping, non-existent e-brake as a result.

bobfig
10-29-2013, 03:10 PM
should get a taho or burban rear caliper

Helomedic1171
10-29-2013, 03:26 PM
what would that do?

Kyle-
10-29-2013, 04:46 PM
2001 2500HD 6.0L NV4500;

Parking break cables are seized (pain in the ass with a manual trans)
Occasional flashing SES light (PO300 code, needs crank sensor relearn)
3rd gear synchro is getting tired
A/C doesn't come on (has low pressure needs to be recharged)
Could use an alignment

Not bad considering this list would of been much longer a few months ago.

bobfig
10-29-2013, 05:34 PM
what would that do?
they are duel piston instead of single in the rear.

Seafarer12
10-29-2013, 06:28 PM
Mainly front end work and fixing the PO's work or lack there of. Little stuff like getting a couple more speakers working on the stereo, power locks, dome light. I have been so busy working on the engine haven't fixed any of the little things. I just got the truck so I will probably go through it like my 92 and fix just about everything then get a new truck.

Helomedic1171
10-29-2013, 06:44 PM
they are duel piston instead of single in the rear.

dual pistons were available on trucks too, but since I found the singles, I grabbed them - I don't often find intact rear-brake setups. I'm going to swap 1-ton calipers on the front the next time I change the pads up front.

Stealth HD
12-03-2013, 02:31 AM
Damn, old ass tint is peeling off the windows and looks like doo doo! And the PO's rattle can job on the front bumper and valance is peeling as well....drives me nuts!

Helomedic1171
12-03-2013, 07:44 AM
Damn, old ass tint is peeling off the windows and looks like doo doo!

x2. need to replace my windows too, because they're scratched. I'll get to it eventually.

rmodel65
12-03-2013, 11:43 AM
i want to retint mine too drive a few miles south to brunswick helomedic and we will have a retinting party!

knuttveiten
12-03-2013, 12:04 PM
Mine needs a full front end service. soo much play in everything and shakes. I go thru front tires 3x as fast as rears and i do burnouts all the time so its bad, ball joints, tie rods pitman, idler etc, drivers front wheel bearing, horn fixed, drivers window figured out (motor works but almost acts like a tooth in the gear is missing. rolls down a few inches then stops n grinds then when you push on it, it catches again for another few inches.) power locks can be slow and take a few pushes to actually lock it.. thats about it

Helomedic1171
12-03-2013, 12:47 PM
sounds like a plan. you know anything about LS swaps? if you do, come up here and we'll have an engine party :D

Massey
12-03-2013, 06:51 PM
Well my Silverado needs an alignment and some new treads in the front. Aside from that the truck is great.

My Yukon... Well that is another story all together. The first things that need attention... Find out what is causing my Thump when I start and stop, I thought it was the trans mount but after replacing it, the problem is still there. I am hoping it is not the transfer case.
My dirver's door needs a window channel and some new door pannel clips. The heated, self tinting power mirror is gone and I cant find one anywhere. and last but not least the AC leaks into the passenger area... Oh and I only have power window control from the driver's panel no matter what the lockout switch is set at.
So yea my Silverado simple fix my Yukon will keep me busy for a while.

Dom

Dieselman94
12-03-2013, 09:56 PM
Shocks, bad paint on hood, burns a little oil, glass has chips small tires

Phatsub
12-04-2013, 11:24 AM
Took it to the shop Monday for new control arms and ball joints, serp belt, and to fix whatever I broke and lost the running lights.

CustomChevyGuy
12-06-2013, 06:40 PM
right now the only thing wrong with it are things i just haven't had time to fix.
- headliner is starting to tear on the driver's side
- I haven't finished repairing the center console, and it could use some touch ups
- a little bit of moisture in my driver side parking light housing

other then a few minor scratches, it's in pretty good shape

Prospect62
02-05-2014, 06:52 AM
Bought this truck last week. I already fixed the driver's side door pins which were so SHOT that the door barely closed at all. Here's the rest of the stuff.

1.) It's so dirty that I feel dirty after driving it
2.) The passenger side window doesn't like to close once it's open
3.) The rear end smells like 80W-90 after driving for more than a mile
4.) Ghetto body work...paint is dull
5.) Front door speakers don't work
6.) CEL on due to bad intake manifold gaskets
7.) Gas gauge sender on it's way out - gauge only works 60% of the time
8.) Pronounced Chevy lean to the driver's side
9.) Headlights WAY out of alignment
10.) Tailgate/lift glass won't open
11.) Rear window defogger broken (thanks to the PO who broke the power wires off)
12.) Driver side license plate lamp falling out of it's hole
13.) Pulls to the left

Fitting that there are 13 things on this list. Best part of this is the previous owner said "everything is in working order" when I was asking him about it. Not sure why I bought this friggin basket case but now it's my pet project. I'll straighten her out.

Whew I feel better after talking about it. :D

JDNabholz
02-05-2014, 12:48 PM
Old tint looks like crap and is starting to peel, floor needs a good scrubbing to get all the mud out, paint on corner of tailgate needs touching up (some idiot dragged the side of his S10 on my tailgate at work last week and drove off without even stopping to see what damage he'd done).

jminthemachine
02-05-2014, 08:11 PM
Haha.
Well to start, my truck loves coolant. She never can get enough. (Verified this is not a head gasket issue, just a leaky radiator)

Got a large gear oil leak from where the stub shaft meets the CV. Needs a new seal.

Lots of sketchy wiring around the truck, including the electric transfer case wiring and transmission wiring.

Needs new injectors.

Mud in the intake manifold (my mudding days are over)

Passenger side hub about to catastrophically fail.

Driver side lower ball joint making noise.

Several torn grease boots in the steering system.

Truck pulls hard to the right. Steering gearbox also too tight. Torsion bar cross member bent, but fixed now. Alignment out of whack. Motor oil leak from where filler attaches to head cover.

Was in one frontal collision where the truck completely annihilated the other car (2013 Ford Fiesta) and only tweaked the bumper (fixed now, and with fabricated grille guard)... But in that crash, I smacked my head really hard on the steering wheel :banghead:

Also has multiple dents from trees, me trying to fit places that I can't, and large agricultural equipment.

1998 Silverado. I love my truck to death. She actually still looks pretty nice.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk.

DKester
02-05-2014, 09:24 PM
Needs new headers, has a couple dozen holes.

Probably needs a new block.

Need to replace carb.

Need to change out fuel tank along with fuel pump.

cburnscrx
02-12-2014, 10:49 AM
Haha...wouldn't what's right with my truck be a better topic?

Rear hatch seals leak
Paint is peeling on rear hatch
Broken seat belt holders in hatch
Passenger door window motor has broken free from rivets (both)
Suspension need completely replaced in the front
Out of alignment
Blower motor only works on high
Key can be removed and truck still runs
Truck can be started without key sometimes
Windshield washer pump doesn't work in the front
Windshield washer pump doesn't work in the rear...sometimes
Rear windshield washer stops randomly in the middle of the window
Hood release works most of the time
Lights flicker erratically when driving
ABS light is on
Brakes pulsate when stopping
Front door handle is cracked

There's more, I just can't think of them at the moment...

masterhacker
02-13-2014, 04:26 AM
My only issue is bad tbi injecots, stalls off idle a little bit and runs crappy when it cold

Jeff96chevy
02-13-2014, 01:09 PM
Doesn't start.

When it did run...
Tranny doesn't want to shift when it's 30's or colder until it starts warming up.
Power seats don't work.
Tailgate latch doesn't work well.
Needs new tires.
Loses coolant when cold.
Power locks inop. *work with fob, not door button though.
Cab and bed have a bit of the 'sagging in the middle' look.

gobrowntruck21
02-13-2014, 07:43 PM
Uh speedo is off by 38mph... truck is off. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/14/damy4agu.jpg

ddavid01
02-13-2014, 08:49 PM
Got an 06 3500 Duramax/Allison 4x, repaired or replaced, 2 batteries, 1 glow plug, drivers side rear door handle (extended cab) new stereo and speakers. Pending repairs, transmission oil line leaks, rear brake pads, idler arm, air bags for heavy hauling, and figuring out why my windows are so slow in very cold weather. Oh yeah, about once a year I gotta add coolant, guessing a seep at the water pump? Slight pull to the left, caused by tires.Then there's general maintenance, oil, filters, washer fluidetc.....but I ain't complaining, shes a great ride.

rebelbowtie
03-01-2014, 01:38 PM
Broken shock body, broken steering box, worn transmission mount and broken front drive shaft most recently

http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/rr77/fullcircle87/73e9560f4402645f9fab0f9f2213a3eb_zps95403d65.jpg

BadChevyZ-71
03-01-2014, 02:51 PM
Not too much with mine.

1.) Rear main seal. Will do when the motor or transmission needs to be pulled.
2.) x2 broken exhaust manifold bolts
3.) Passenger side window motor is starting to die as it's starting to move slow. I'll replace regulator with motor probably in the next couple months.

Stealth HD
03-08-2014, 12:36 PM
Looks like the left end tank, on the radiator, cracked and started leaking on the Tahoe. So looks like I'll be putting a new rad. In it on Monday, FTL.

gobrowntruck21
03-08-2014, 07:21 PM
Right now just a weak drivers door lock actuator & a dim PRND321 display.

peckerwood91d
03-24-2014, 01:45 AM
Well my 97 k1500 truck was great and ive had it for 10 yrs. But ive also replaced the:

fuel pump 8x
alternator 11x
distributor 2x
spider injection 3x
intake manifold 1x
trans 2x
rebuilt the rearend to posi 1x
driver seat motor broke
and it just caught fire in the engine bay yesterday going trail ridin, minor fix.

but i need to know what all is needed if i switch out my garbage 4L60E with a 700R4?

dieselovergas
03-24-2014, 09:34 AM
The Cab n Chassis is waiting for me to find a clean bed with dual fuel door to slap in place of the old flat bed. of course the one i planned on fell through after I pulled the f/b off and sold it
New to me 4.11 14ff
Radio keeps killing the battery, so it needs a kill switch or a new stereo deck.
Need to replace every interior part because this little mini truck just inst big enough for all my tools to fit in the bed so they always end up in the seats or maybe thats because I'm lazy at the end of the day sometimes.
Needs a new passenger side battery because the old one runs my trolling motor now.
And last but not least I'm down to 6 glow plugs

The gmt 400 k2500 needs every single front end bushing and anything with tie rod and ball joint in name replaced
Needs shocks but they've been blown so long I wouldn't know how its supposed to ride
Did the intake manifold gasket and solved the "IAC" problem I messed around with most of a year.
Something is popping in 4hi like the chain is slipping feel free to stop by that thread and spitball with me (http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/general-discussion/technical-maintenance/524976-np241-popping-noise-4hi.html)
The mud terrains look just fine but they are like 9 years old and have seen their day come and go
Some chick in a benz paid for my new back bumper but I've yet to do anything about it so it looks like i run **** over for fun a lot
An hour later a jerk in a penske hit my front bumper, waiting on insurance on that one.
And while I was looking at what's involved in removing my tcase for an inspection I realized my tranny pan is sweating and needs a gasket done and so does the oil pan

I was alternating driving/fixing since my repair bill is ahead of my disposable income each week, but my C+C rides miserable without the bed on it so I've been riding the gmt400 a little too far into the ground daily drivin her in the city with those old M/Ts and a load on all the time. I got a lot to do but I love working on these two old battle tanks.

CDR
03-27-2014, 08:21 AM
1999 K1500 Burb- Here is what has been broken and fixed since '99 when i got the truck, 113k now

1. Upper coolant quick disconnect has leaked randomly (and rarely) for years. Have the replacement part riding around in the truck with me.
2. Alternator
3. Steering linkage, idler and pitman arms replaced at 100k
4. a/c charge went out of faulty charge valve, swapped valve and recharged sat
5. Brakes, brakes, brakes.
6. Exhaust manifold leak (fixed under warranty)
7. Door lock actuators (all done twice now)
8. Rear tail lights kept getting corrosion on bulb contacts, swapped out for LEDs
9. Several serpentine belts, idler and tensioner
10. Transfer case output shaft seal leak (after some serious mudding)

I've done all the regular maintenance and repairs myself, for a 15 year old truck so far so good!

kink3
03-27-2014, 06:25 PM
Not much wrong with my 95 K1500 ECSS.
Needs an alignment
my other set of tires put on because the PO put new tires on and didn't bother to fix the blown out front end so they roar like an airplane
door lock switch stopped working a week after I bought the truck :wtf:
power steering line is seeping
need to put my headers on

cookiexd40
03-27-2014, 06:33 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/28/hugu6aby.jpg
She's 3 days old to me...so nothing actually wrong. ..but...it has dual 12 inch glass packs that I can't stand,so flowmaster or magnaflow might be making an appearance soon

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

MacQ
03-27-2014, 09:06 PM
Well...

1. Clear coat is peeling on the box (both sides).
2. The overhead center light counsol is hanging by one screw.
3. Slight hail damage on roof and hood.
4. Down to the last of my useful tread on this set of tires.