PDA

View Full Version : I think i bent one of my wheels, help!

Slammed 01
10-28-2002, 02:15 PM
Well my front pass. side tire was already low to begin with. I hit a nasty pot hole going about 35-40mph. I stopped at a red light that was right after it, and the truck felt fine. Then when i took off the truck kept shaking and pulling to the right side. We stopped at a gas station and put air in the tire because it looked flat, but it wouldnt fill up, we could hear air leaking out of the wheel/tire. If the wheel is bent can it be repaired? Please let me know, thank you!

01GMC
10-28-2002, 02:20 PM
You can send the wheel back to the company that made the wheel, and they can fix it for you...

or

You can find a someone who fixes bent wheels around town and they can do it...

The answer to your questions is yes.. I guess it isn't bent that bad, or you would have seen it.

01GMC
10-28-2002, 02:22 PM
I just read your profile.... since you have chrome wheels, which aren't prone to bending like polished wheels, you may have pinched the tire when you hit the pothole and busted the bead, or pinched the sidewall.......... have the tire taken off and look at it

454ss
10-28-2002, 02:28 PM
I bent 2 of my chrome wheels and the cost to repair them was over $300.00 each with shipping back and forth, since your in the business you can get new rims at dealer cost which is what I paid for mine and they were less then the repair cost and I don't have to worry about a faulty repair.