View Full Version : 06 Equinox headlight removal
01-30-2011, 03:23 PM
My wife's passenger side eadlight is out. I pulled the air box, no room there. I pulled the wheel well cover, not much there. as I see the lense has to come out. I removed 3 screws from the to but still can't get the lense off.
01-30-2011, 03:29 PM
Headlamp Assembly or Headlamp Bulb and/or Cornering, Sidemarker, Park, Turn Signal Bulb Replacement (Equinox)
1. Open the hood.
2. Remove the fascia to tie bar push-in retainers (1).
3. Gently pull the top of the fascia assembly several inches away from the vehicle to release the radiator grille strap from the headlamp.
4. Place a piece of tape over the radiator grille strap to headlamp retaining clip to prevent scratching of the headlamp lens.
5. Remove the headlamp bolts (1, 2).
6. Pull gently on the bottom outboard corner of the headlamp to disengage the lower rear headlamp retainer.
7. Remove the bulbs (2, 3, 4, 5) from the backside of the headlamp.
8. Remove the headlamp from the vehicle.
1. Position the headlamp into the headlamp opening.
2. Install the headlamp bulbs (2, 3, 4, 5).
3. Push the headlamp back into position until the lower rear retainer is fully engaged.
4. Install the headlamp bolts (1, 2)
Tighten the headlamp bolts to 2.5 N·m (22 lb in).
5. Remove the tape from the radiator grille strap retainer.
6. Position the fascia assembly and engage the radiator grille strap retainer into the headlamp.
7. Install the fascia to tie bar push-in retainers (1).
8. Close the hood.
01-30-2011, 04:54 PM
greatly appreciated sir....if they keep this up we'll soon be pulling the enngine to do these
01-30-2011, 04:56 PM
Your welcome and I hear ya, no reason this **** should be so hard to do.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO