View Full Version : Step by step 5lug to 6lug conversion 88-98 chevy
04-11-2012, 11:06 PM
First of all my name is Larry Gonzalez 23yrs old owner of GONZALEZ KUSTOMZ FAB SHOP located In Fresno ca I'm going to post this cause I have seen a lot of people talk about this and been ask about a few times. Going to give you guys step by step how I done my buddies.
04-12-2012, 12:14 AM
1) tools you will need hammer , punch, grinder , welder , 6 lug pattern
2) I cut a front rotor from a 06 silverado to get my pattern
3) got the fear drums from napa auto parts
4) welded up the holes for the rear drum justing 3/32" nickel rod keep in mind you have to pre heat this kind I'd metal never put water to koo it down it will crack !
5) grinder the welds down using a 4-1/2" with a 80 grit flap disc
6) place the pattern I had for the 06
Rotor I cut center it with the help
If some calipers
7) then drill it with a 1/4" then checked to see if they where centered right then drill the
Using a 39/64" drill bit. And the back rotors are done
8) for the axles it's the same proscess or do what I did and order them from moser and ask them to be drill 6x5 lug pattern
9) for the front I used 3/4 ton rotors napa. P/N 4886915
04-12-2012, 12:18 AM
My computer acting funny so I'm going to
Give you the link to my photo bucket here are all the pic plus some stuff at my shop
04-12-2012, 12:04 PM
Looks like you do nice work kid,keep it up.
04-12-2012, 02:23 PM
04-12-2012, 02:28 PM
did you try any k1500 rear drums before drilling out the 5lug drum?
I am also doing a 5 to 6lug swap, going to use moser axles (2wd length, 6x5.5 pattern). and i think there is an easy disc swap using k1500 front rotors with a s10 caliper and speedway bracket. no parking brake, and a little bit of adapting the brake lines but should work is what i will be trying
04-12-2012, 03:08 PM
The only thing about using the k1500 drums is that the measurement are just a few mm different that's y I did there I have also have seem my buddy do the same disc brake swap your going to do ... My buddy wanted me to do this now for about a yr and wanted me to post it.
04-12-2012, 03:09 PM
If you want I can do a step by step on the disc brake conversion as well
04-12-2012, 03:27 PM
alright, i couldnt find (online) a drum that would work either, just wondering if you put any more legwork into it then i.
04-12-2012, 05:39 PM
alright, i couldnt find (online) a drum that would work either, just wondering if you put any more legwork into it then i. ok I'm a little lost hear ?? On what you said
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO