***Login to the Forum here ***

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

Supercharged LT1 Custom 1992 Stepside GMC...

This is a discussion on Supercharged LT1 Custom 1992 Stepside GMC... within the Chevy Trucks For Sale forums, part of the For-Sale category; $17500 OBO Exterior Custom Metallic Red to Metallic Light Maroon Paint Custom Billet Grill Custom Front Bumper from Turbo Diesel, ...

Updated - Make me an offer! - Supercharged LT1 Custom 1992 Stepside GMC...

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    $17500 OBO

Exterior
    Custom Metallic Red to Metallic Light Maroon Paint
    Custom Billet Grill
    Custom Front Bumper from Turbo Diesel, with Bumper Strip cut/finished to match
    Snugtop bed cover, custom painted at the same time
    Rhino Lining sprayed-in bedliner, custom painted to match
    Chrome sport mirrors
    Custom tint with transferable lifetime warranty
    New sliding back glass, tinted

Wheels/Tires
    17x10 Centerline 5 Star Polished billet aluminum wheels (x4)
    Weld 15x10 rims with 23.5x10.5 ET Drags tread left (These come free with the truck)
    Nitto 450 275/50-17’s on the front – less than 2000 miles
    M&H 325/45-17 Drag Radials on the back – less than 2000 miles

Suspension
    Custom 4-link rear end setup with ladder bars and coilovers
    Bilstein racing shocks all the way around (adjustable in the rear)
    2” drop shackles in front (stance is even front to rear)
    All bushings, seals, bump stops, and wearable parts were replaced during buildup in 99/00

Drivetrain
    Racing Prepped Turbo 400 transmission with “switch pitch” (can be activated via switch or via brake pedal)
    Gear Vendors Electronic Overdrive unit
    2000rpm low stall/3000rpm high stall converter from Phoenix Transmission
    Brand new Heavy-Duty Auburn Posi Unit
    3:42 rear end gear ratio

Interior
    Custom leather seats (feel like butter – literally the softest seats I have ever felt in my life)
    Light Oak wood trim throughout
    Custom Mounted Radar Detector in overhead console – no unsightly wires
    Kenwood cd-receiver with flip face
    Planet Audio 5-channel amplifier
    Kenwood 4x6” coaxials in the stock dash location
    Kenwood 4” component set in custom kickpanel enclosures
    Kenwood 4x10” coaxials in stock rear location
    Dual Orion 8” subwoofers in custom, interior matched enclosure behind passenger seat
    Power Windows, Power Door Locks
    Very Cold AC
    Dakota Digital gauge package, replaced factory gauges
    Keyless entry and alarm system from CodeAlarm
    Interior was stripped out and lined with double foil insulation and new plush carpet
    Surprisingly quiet on the freeway

Engine
    Fully racing built 1996 LT1 by John Simms at Bobby Shahan Race Cars in Cabot, AR
    Just finished in July/August this year (2006) and currently has 1400 miles on it
    1996 LT1 Block
    Vortech T-Trim Supercharger, custom oil feed with separate oil filter
    8.3:1 compression
    Custom JE Forged Pistons, molybdenum SWAIN coated
    Childs and Albert 5/64ths Gapless Piston Rings
    Air Flow Research AFR 190 heads
    Cometic Head Gaskets
    Ported and polished intake
    52mm Throttle Body, with airfoil, ported and polished
    Pro Mod 6” Rods
    H-11 1.500 Springs
    Titanium valve spring retainers
    Manley ProFlow valves, 2.02 intake, 1.6 exhaust
    Roller Rockers
    .080 Pushrods
    Camshaft – 218/224 roller with 112 separation and .560 lift
    8 rib custom serpentine belt drive
    Custom mounted Spearco air-to-air intercooler
    MSD Pro Billet Optispark Unit
    Mezeire Electric Water Pump
    Crane Fireball Coil
    MSD 6BTM Ignition
    46lb/hr Lucas Injectors
    Custom Programmed 1993 PCM – uses MAP (Speed Density)
    All Aluminum Racing Radiator with dual electric fans (one pusher, one puller)
    Hooker competition series long tube headers
    Full 3” true dual exhaust, no cats, dual Borla XR1 racing mufflers
    Mobile 1 synthetic is the only thing it gets.

Here are the only known issues with the truck:

#1 – It can make more power with more fuel – Two options:
    1 - Standalone Engine Management
    2 - Acceleronics (www.acceleronics.com) Fuel Injector controller and
    85lb/hr injectors

It is tuned to run on the current setup. It is tuned conservatively, for every day driving and longevity. If you want absolute max power and torque, it will need more fuel. Solution 1 is difficult and expensive, but very capable, Solution 2 is less expensive and will get the job done.

#2 – The drivers side power door lock is worn out, needs to be replaced

#3 – You will probably want to plan on getting a new set of Nittos for the rear, the drag radials DO NOT like it when it is just a little bit wet. They are useless unless you like to only drive when the weather is perfect. If it sells for $20,000, I will include a new pair of Nitto 450’s, mounted and balanced!

#4 – The backlight on the Kenwood receiver stopped working recently, but the unit still plays and works just like it always has, without a display, not sure what it will cost to fix, but it may be time for a head unit upgrade anyway. If it sells for $20,000, I will purchase and install a new head unit for the buyer up to $350.

#5 – The fuel gauge works, but you have to press in on the dash to see it, it is the only gauge in the cluster that acts funny. Dakota Digital says that if I remove the unit, send it to them, with a check for $20, they will repair and ship it back. I do not have the time to mess with this, so I will leave it up to the new owner.

#6 – There is a slow leak in the AC. A single charge will last all summer, but it will have to be charged up the next year. It is an R134a system, so anyone can do it. The unit is currently charged and blowing cold, although it wil not be needed throughout this winter.

The paint is in near-perfect condition, and it is a VERY beautiful color. There are just a couple of slight nicks that I plan to have fixed by the man who painted it before the buyer picks it up.

The truck runs and drives perfectly. It will scream if you get into it and it will make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up. This truck is fast and is not for the novice driver. It is in excellent condition and has been the object of a lot of tension in my home for the last several years. Year one, it only went to car shows, year two, I took it out more to play, and to the track a few times, year three it served as a backup/daily/fun vehicle – this is the year I had a couple of piston ringlands collapse – hence the recent buildup. It took almost 12 months to get her done, and a lot has changed in my life. I started a business – HomeTroniX www.myhometronix.com – and I am now ready to take it to the next level. I made an agreement with the wife that in order to purchase a new Dodge Sprinter Cargo van for the business, this truck must go.

The price is very reasonable. You could not build the motor and transmission for the price that I am asking, so basically you are buying a racing motor and transmission and getting one of the cleanest 1992 trucks to go with it.

I have no desire to let the truck go for less than $20,000, so please do not ask. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions at 501-920-1487 and I will be happy to arrange a test ride or provide further information. You may also email me at wh1513@swbell.net.

Last edited by wallacehat; 11-08-2006 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Now accepting best offer....
    One Bad Bow Tie - Now for sale in the FOR SALE Section - this is a steal for a dream truck.....

Re: Supercharged LT1 Custom 1992 Stepside GMC...

More Pics:

One Bad Bow Tie - Now for sale in the FOR SALE Section - this is a steal for a dream truck.....

Updated,

Make me an offer, I will sell this truck by December!

Thanks!

Wallace

Well, I was updating it a few minutes ago, so that may have had something to do with it. You can always go here:

http://photos.yahoo.com/wh1513@swbell.net

click on the folder "The Truck"

Thanks!

i know this is back from the dead....but im lookin to find out were to get the trans cross member he is runnin on the truck. i have put on my new LT headers and the cats are a problem on the driver side and they hit the cross member. i could cut and mod the stock one but i would like to see if i can find this one forst thanks guys
    TireFryr- Built 356ci Ported Accel super ram, Coated LTs,Built 700r4,2800Yenk stall,3.73posi "TractionLess"

It was custom made by the fabricator. I will try to get some better pics for you and you could easily have someone make it for you...

that would be perfect!! thank you!!
    TireFryr- Built 356ci Ported Accel super ram, Coated LTs,Built 700r4,2800Yenk stall,3.73posi "TractionLess"