If you are not able to login to the forum, please Contact Us here to let us know. Thanks!

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

1999 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 - 454, 4x4, great truck

This is a discussion on 1999 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 - 454, 4x4, great truck within the Chevy Trucks For Sale forums, part of the For-Sale category; Well, once again selling a vehicle I really like. Tuition went up and I am driving more than expected for ...

1999 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 - 454, 4x4, great truck

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    Well, once again selling a vehicle I really like. Tuition went up and I am driving more than expected for my work, so time to get into something cheap and fuel efficient. I REALLY don't want to sell this, but I need money to pay my last semester tuition so I am doing the responsible thing and selling my beast.

Here are the specs:
    175k miles
    454 Vortec big block
    Automatic
    Grey leather interior
    3rd row seats
    Rear A/C
    4.10 gears w/ rear posi 14-bolt SF
    Trailer brake control box
    K&N air filter

In the 6 months I've owned it I've put a bunch of money into it to get it to where I like it.

I've installed:
    New lower intake gasket (upgraded one)
    Obviously a new upper one as well
    Tune up (plugs, wires, cap, rotor)
    Water pump
    New quick connect coolant tube
    5.3L truck fuel injectors (old ones were leaking down)
    Cool white LEDs in the entire interior
    Escalade 120mph gauge cluster
    New headlights and turn signals (stock style)
    Replaced A/C gaskets and recharged. Blows cold now!
    New air dam in front. 3/4 ton trucks didn't have them, but I like the look better.

Previous owner installed:
    New transfercase
    New rear brakes
    New thermostat

This week I will be fixing:
    Driver's door pins sag, I have replacements and will fix
    EGR tube is cracked, I have a replacement and will fix
    Front brakes are grinding, I have replacements and will fix
    Small leak in gasket where trans meets t-case. I can fix or we can work on price and you fix.

Things wrong with it:
    Windsheid is cracked. Was that way when I bought it, it is a big crack, but across the bottom and up the middle and not really in field of vision. Will pass inspection. I got quotes for having it replaced and it would run like $175.
    Front tires are worn out. I was going to have some good used ones put on it, but haven't gotten around to it yet.
    Some dents and dings, like you would expect from an older truck. Rear bumper was dented when I bought it, and someone hit it in the time I owned it. I hammered it out, but there is still some dents in the lower quarter behind the bumper where it hit it.
    Some lights on the radio don't work, but the thing still functions.
    Gas gauge doesn't work, full is full and empty is 3/4 tank. I just fill up every 400 miles.

Overall it is a fantastic truck and one I had intended to keep forever and turn into my family tow rig. I took great care of it like I do all my vehicles. When I bought it I cleaned the fool out of it, scrubbed every inch with Simple Green and then I claybarred, paint cleaned, polished, and waxed the outside (which I would not recommend doing on a Suburban again!). Tows like a champ, although I have only used it to tow a few times. I drive it daily and it is a great truck. My kids love it, but unfortunately I need to do the responsible thing and sell it to pay some bills.

$6200 obo

Pics: (the mileage on the gauge pic is wrong, this is a pic from when I installed them the week when I bought the truck)

1999 Chevy Suburban 2500 - 454 4x4

Re: 1999 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 - 454, 4x4, great truck

Front brakes will be finished up tomorrow.

I should raise the price, those front rotors are a bitch to replace!

Re: 1999 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 - 454, 4x4, great truck

Brakes are done, next week when I get back from vacation I'll give it a good monthly cleaning.