***Login to the Forum here ***

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

interior rear view mirror TEMP and compass.

This is a discussion on interior rear view mirror TEMP and compass. within the Interior forums, part of the For-Sale category; I have an 03 Z71 Tahoe with OnStar/Airbag/Compass/Temp in the mirror (which I assume is the 16-pin.) After it's on ...

Re: interior rear view mirror TEMP and compass.

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    I have an 03 Z71 Tahoe with OnStar/Airbag/Compass/Temp in the mirror (which I assume is the 16-pin.) After it's on for a while it's losing power (or more likely, losing ground, as the whole thing goes into a reset cycle.) Still troubleshooting wiring, but I'm guessing it's something internal. I will attempt to disassemble and validate that solder joints are good, etc, but my guess is I'll need to replace the mirror due to some sort of circuit component failure. If you come across another OnStar mirror please let me know.
    99 Tahoe 4X4
    04 Corvette Z06 510 rwhp / 533 rwtq

UNDER CONSTRUCTION.......

the onstar mirror i have is still for sale....
    so you just need the mirror itself, no temp sensor needed?

97 C1500 Extended cab 3rd door 5.7, 4/6 djm drop, 30bar billet grill

need any OBS parts and some NBS parts PM me. im a junk yard whore and go all the time.
    tho please small parts for shipping

Registered User 99ImperSSonator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by addiction2bass View Post
    i include the temp sensor with the mirror. and i just tried to pull the 2 pins out from the 16pin harness and i cannt seem to get them to come out, so unfortunatly youd probably have to replace the whole plug which means youd have to cut yours off and crimp or solder all the wires to the new harness.
    and the one with the airbag lights that i have that one the autodimming feature is busted just so you know if you missed that! the temp is built into the mirror itself so you cannt just add the temp sensor to yours.
    The mirror I have has the temp display on it but doesnt work, I just got he temp sensor and pigtail from the members name you gave me. Do you know what color wires I need to tap into to make this work for the 16 pin harness?
    Last edited by 99ImperSSonator; 04-16-2011 at 09:23 AM.

Dual Magnaflow Dumped, K&N CAI, Deleted Cats, SS Front and Rear Bumpers, Full Cladding Kit, SS Wheels, Ram Air Hood, and a Intimidator SS Tailgate Spoiler :fsc:

I have a couple questions. On the 16 pin pigtail, the green airbag off wire...do you use the dark green or the light green wire, and on the temp sensor wire the green with the white stripe...my pigtail has 2 of these, do you know which pin is the right one?

Thanks, Carl

Dual Magnaflow Dumped, K&N CAI, Deleted Cats, SS Front and Rear Bumpers, Full Cladding Kit, SS Wheels, Ram Air Hood, and a Intimidator SS Tailgate Spoiler :fsc:

ok im tryin here but these wires are different from the saturn mirror but wire location should be the same. im compairing the onstar mirror with the bare saturn mirror.
    so lets say the top flat part is the part with the release knob.
    the black/ground is on far left and the next two pins next to it are for the temp sensor.
    and the yellow/power wire is on the bottom row4 from the left, and the bottom row far right must be the reverse wire.

youll have to split your wire loom back from the mirrors plug to find out which wire is right. thats odd that they have two of the same color wires in the same harness!
    hope that helps ya out....
    but if your trucks already wired for it why dont you pull off the front grill and see if you can find the temp sensor harness. maybe its just unplugged or just missing the actual temp sensor part. hopefully your wires are still there and you wont have to touch the mirror harness and run any new wires. worth a look at least before ya cut any wires!!!

need any OBS parts and some NBS parts PM me. im a junk yard whore and go all the time.

ok im tryin here but these wires are different from the saturn mirror but wire location should be the same. im compairing the onstar mirror with the bare saturn mirror.
    so lets say the top flat part is the part with the release knob.
    the black/ground is on far left and the next two pins next to it are for the temp sensor.
    and the yellow/power wire is on the bottom row4 from the left, and the bottom row far right must be the reverse wire.

youll have to split your wire loom back from the mirrors plug to find out which wire is right. thats odd that they have two of the same color wires in the same harness!
    hope that helps ya out....
    but if your trucks already wired for it why dont you pull off the front grill and see if you can find the temp sensor harness. maybe its just unplugged or just missing the actual temp sensor part. hopefully your wires are still there and you wont have to touch the mirror harness and run any new wires. worth a look at least before ya cut any wires!!!
    I have looked for the sensor and it isnt wired for it so I will go ahead and run them. Thanks for the info and the green wire with the white stripe it right where you said it was and the other one is on the other side with the yellow power wire and it is 6th from the left. On my harness the reverse wire it a light green if it is the one to the far right. What is the reverse wire for?

the reverse wire to the mirror is to disable the autodimming when your in reverse. tho i sure dont ever use my rear view mirror at night when backing up ;)

Here is a few pics of my harness just for future reference if you need it. Thanks for all the info, and this harness came form a 03 Tahoe.

My apologies for the delayed response! Just realized my email addy was incorrect. I have a family friend that owns a junkyard locally and he thinks he's got one. If that doesn't pan out I will let you know. And yes, all I would need is the mirror, as all the wiring and sensors are in place.

Thanks!
    99 Tahoe 4X4
    04 Corvette Z06 510 rwhp / 533 rwtq

ok jus tlet me know.

I just finished this mod on my truck and it works flawlessly...Thanks for the help addiction2bass.

good to hear! its alot easier mod than most people think ;)
    im suprised i still have the 2 saturn mirrors. they the same as other 16pin nbs truck mirrors and dont have the ugly passenger airbag light ;)

Lost before Dawn CustomChevyGuy's Avatar

good to hear! its alot easier mod than most people think ;)
    im suprised i still have the 2 saturn mirrors. they the same as other 16pin nbs truck mirrors and dont have the ugly passenger airbag light ;)
    Hey I just told my buddy Adam (GreenMonster93) about the thread, he's looking for 2. No onstar/homelink.

I might be interested in one as well, I'd like to have the airbag light, but i dont want the onstar/homelink on it - if that combo was available
    Quote Originally Posted by bhookxen
    sometimes bad-assery takes time

71 Chevelle 454
    03 rcsb, 06 clip/tails, HD hood, 22's, Esky handles, Alpine head unit, 5% tint, clear corners, 8K HID's, FM50, 2" rear drop, debadged, BlackBear Tuned!

The Monster lives! GreenMonster93's Avatar

and an extra pigtail and sensor would be great...
    shipped to 33033
    93 exsb 275x60x15 BFGs, 2.5"cowl, dual 2.5" 2/2 magnaflow, 355 with flattops .447" lift with 222 duration at .050 lift 112 LSA. Holley 670 TBI, 3.73 richmond gears
    old 142k mil with 160 hp and 250 lbsft
    new ~250hp and 350lbsft. And i am still breaking rearends
    hand built by me

The Monster lives! GreenMonster93's Avatar

and an extra pigtail and sensor would be great...
    shipped to 33033
    93 exsb 275x60x15 BFGs, 2.5"cowl, dual 2.5" 2/2 magnaflow, 355 with flattops .447" lift with 222 duration at .050 lift 112 LSA. Holley 670 TBI, 3.73 richmond gears
    old 142k mil with 160 hp and 250 lbsft
    new ~250hp and 350lbsft. And i am still breaking rearends
    hand built by me

Quote Originally Posted by CustomChevyGuy View Post
    Hey I just told my buddy Adam (GreenMonster93) about the thread, he's looking for 2. No onstar/homelink.

I might be interested in one as well, I'd like to have the airbag light, but i dont want the onstar/homelink on it - if that combo was available
    homelink is the garage door opener no chevy truck has them. ;)
    but if your talking about the overhead console homelink door i have one of those to replace a non homelink garage door opener dor.

as to the mirrors i only have the 3 i believe right now, two dual display compass/temp no other lights, and the one dual display with onstar.

and greenmonster93 all my mirrors include pigtails and sensor/with pigtail as well.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345