Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

60-87 c10 ( c4 corvette front suspention )

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60-87 c10 ( c4 corvette front suspention )

porterbuilt

click on the pictures also click on Dropmember C4
    http://porterbuiltstreetrods.com/products.php

also was looking into this but the porter kit seems to be the easiest to install

progressiveauto
    http://www.progressiveautomotive.com/sweet.htm

and seattle street rods
    http://www.seattlestreetrods.com/cor...suspension.htm

i plan on going with the porter built front end kit on both of my 64 c10's

383 silverado 2500 , 4l80e, bassani shorties, coming soon 411 pcm swap & 4.88 gears

Re: 60-87 c10 ( c4 corvette front suspention )

Porterbuilt = $$$ nice stuff though. IMHO, swapping to a 73+ front crossmember cut down, and properly setting up the rear suspension (dont 64s have the truck arm suspension?) you'll be able to get very good results out of it, at a significantly lower cost.

details on the chopped crossmember http://www.captkaoscustoms.com/chopcross.html (BTW, CaptKaos is Chris Lucas, of www.73-87chevytrucks.com)
    77 Chevy K20 - 80 GMC K2500 (in pieces)
    90 Chevy K3500 - 93 Chevy C2500 (in pieces) - 94 Chevy K1500

Comment

I have the one from seattle street rods, real good guys to deal with.

1990 C1500
      1951 Suburban
      2007 Chevy Silverado Z-71
      2009 GMC Yukon

Comment

Originally posted by GreaseDog
        (dont 64s have the truck arm suspension?))
        your right, but the c4 corvette has a different suspention geometry than the 1964 c10's do and the porter built c4 dropmember also uses rack and pinion steering from a vette:aniteef: .
        Last edited by 383 silverado; 11-12-2008, 09:11 AM.

383 silverado 2500 , 4l80e, bassani shorties, coming soon 411 pcm swap & 4.88 gears

Comment

Originally posted by 383 silverado
          your right, but the c4 corvette has a different suspention geometry than the 1964 c10's do and the porter built c4 dropmember also uses rack and pinion steering from a vete:aniteef: .
          rack and pinion is an easy swap. regardless of what suspension you have under it, you've still got a TERRIBLE weight bias that comes with owning a truck. if you think bolting a Corvette suspension under the truck is going to make the truck handle like it is on rails, you're sadly mistaken. you're going to need a pretty severe engine setback, and extensive firewall clearancing for that.

Comment

if you think bolting a Corvette suspension under the truck is going to make the truck handle like it is on rails, you're sadly mistaken. you're going to need a pretty severe engine setback, and extensive firewall clearancing for that.

ya i plan on going with a 6.5 inch fire wall set back from direct sheet metal.
            and also going with a c4 corvette rear end seattle street rods makes a rear end kit for it ( 64 c10 )

seattle street rods c4 rear end kit
            Last edited by 383 silverado; 11-12-2008, 08:04 PM.

Comment

holy crap youre gonna have some jack tied up in that truck. you win the lottery?

Comment

holy crap youre gonna have some jack tied up in that truck. you win the lottery?

no lottery, i just have a good job im a self employed tile installer.

and if the unfortunet were to happen like it being stolen i have good insurance.i have in on my 62 impala it is worth $25,000 and only pay $200 a year because it is a collector car insurance. heres some pics of my impala

Comment

Originally posted by 383 silverado
                  no lottery, i just have a good job im a self employed tile installer.
                  oh, yeah, that will pay good. i do a little of it on the side, though not enough to go in business. there's not much of a market around here anymore. but it is definitely NICE money! its amazing what people will pay for someone who can lay a nice flat floor.

Comment

oh, yeah, that will pay good. i do a little of it on the side, though not enough to go in business. there's not much of a market around here anymore. but it is definitely NICE money! its amazing what people will pay for someone who can lay a nice flat floor.
                    ya tell me about it but the real $ is in natural stones marble, sandstone ( tile ), travertine ect...

Comment

the portbuilt is a direct bolt in as where the others are not just my $.02
                      my sports car rolles on six wheels!
                      why? cause I'm to fat to get out of a new corvette

Comment

very good point. from what i've seen, Porterbuilt puts out some NICE pieces, unfortunately, nice doesnt come cheap.

Comment

I'm going w/a P/B dropmember when I get back on my 68. A sectioned crossmember is much cheaper but you wont get a narrowed track width like the aftermarket c-members.A must for ultra low ride height.
                          ~Troy
                          '98 StreetRod
                          http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/g...ld-thread.html

Comment

Working...
                          X