Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Realistic MPG with a Dmax 6.6

I'm considering a 06 2500 4X4 with the Dmax/Allison combo. What are some of you realisticly getting MPG wise with these trucks empty? Thanks

Re: Realistic MPG with a Dmax 6.6

My buddy got 16 city and 20 highway with his.

2500 6.0 vortec 6in skyjacker lift with keys on 16in eagle wrapped in good year kevlar 285, LPP LT's, gmpp cam, efi live tuning software, true dual flowmaster 40 series Circle D 2500-2800.

Comment

Dad's truck - Edge Programmer set to level 2, cold air intake, Amsoil Filter System, 5 inch straight exhaust. 22mpg highway with 285/75/16 on stock wheels.

To mod, or not to mod, there really is no question!

Comment

I see mid to high teens around town or cruising at 55-60 on country roads. I'll see high teens to really low 20's on the highway at 65ish. I get about 8-11mph pulling my 28' trailer.

Mods: 4" straight pipe, factory intake opened up. Efi-Live on +85hp economy (I'm going to try my race tune on the next hwy trip to see if it's better). 4" cognito lift, 285 tires. Truck weighs 8400lbs.

2006 Chevy 2500HD
        Boss 9.2 Poly V plow

Comment

my bone stock '02 4x4 ex cab gets 18 anyway you drive it empty. loaded pulling a car trailer gets 14.
          andy

Comment

An unrestricted exhaust setup will get your most initial bang for your buck as far as MPG goes.

Comment

I've averaged about 14MPG over the last two tanks. That's 20/80 highway and city driving, with 10-15 min. warm-ups each morning. In the summer, it was a little closer to 16. Part of that drop is probably attributed mostly to warm up times and winter blend fuel, but I did go from a 275/55R20 to a 305/55R20, which is much wider and probably a little heavier.

When I drive strictly highway and set the cruise at 75MPH, I have repeatedly been able to achieve between 17-20 MPG on the same trip, wind conditions permitting.
              Last edited by DarkCharisma; 11-10-2011, 04:39 PM.
              sigpic

'04 CTS-V | '01 2500HD 4x4 6.0/80e

Originally posted by randeez
              he's got real problems, you think choosing which leather to rewrap in interior is easy? :read:

Comment

Anyone getting in the 22-26 range?

Comment

Originally posted by Chingon HD View Post
                  Anyone getting in the 22-26 range?
                  22 can be done with the right tune, gears, tires, atmospheric conditions and proper driving conditions. Anybody getting over 22MPG regularly is either lying to you, or has every variable correct, and a very good right foot.
                  sigpic

'04 CTS-V | '01 2500HD 4x4 6.0/80e

Originally posted by randeez
                  he's got real problems, you think choosing which leather to rewrap in interior is easy? :read:

Comment

My 06 RCLB got around 17 town and 23ish @70-75. That was with 265/75/16's, 3.73's mbrp exhaust, and a predator hand calculated. The dic claimed mid-high 20's all the time, if i puttered at 55-60 it would show mid 30's, but it was lying..
                    Last edited by neubauej; 11-12-2011, 10:00 AM.

Comment

The older trucks LB7 01-early 04 get the best fuel mileage, I usually get 17mpg in town driving like I stole it, and 22-23 highway thats with 33" tires and a 500 rwhp tune, I have a few buddies with LBZ's 06-07 stock your gonna get somewhere around 14mpg in town and 18-19 highway, if you go with a mild EFI tune or a mild handheld you should see 16-17mpg in town and close to 22mpg highway, it all depends on your foot!!!
                      01 2500HD Duramax EFI TUNED
                      88 Chevy C1500 350 TBI 5 Speed Step-a-side soon to be 6.0 swapped
                      02 Cadillac Escalade
                      02 HD VROD

Comment

Originally posted by neubauej View Post
                        My 06 RCLB got around 17 town and 23ish @70-75. That was with 265/75/16's, 3.73's mbrp exhaust, and a predator hand calculated. The dic claimed mid-high 20's all the time, if i puttered at 55-60 it would show mid 30's, but it was lying..

The DIC always lies!!!
                        02 Cadillac Escalade
                        02 HD VROD

Comment

Originally posted by JustinSilverdo View Post
                          The DIC always lies!!!
                          No it doesn't, people just add aftermarket tires or change gear ratios and never calibrate the speedo. Even hand calculating can return false info. In both my 2004 2500HD amd my 2008 Audi A4 the DIC or MMI in the Audi consistently return accurate data. When compared to hand calculations they were around 1mpg +/- actual average.

Comment

Originally posted by rebelbowtie View Post
                            No it doesn't, people just add aftermarket tires or change gear ratios and never calibrate the speedo. Even hand calculating can return false info. In both my 2004 2500HD amd my 2008 Audi A4 the DIC or MMI in the Audi consistently return accurate data. When compared to hand calculations they were around 1mpg +/- actual average.
                            Even calibrating the tire size with EFI I have a couple 03-04 trucks tuned that are claiming 27+ mpg, you must be lucky with yours? Its a good reference but not accurate.
                            02 Cadillac Escalade
                            02 HD VROD

Comment

27+ average or "instant" economy. I noticed the instant economy was always waaay off on my truck. But the MMI on the Audi is pretty advanced and displays AFR. That's the best tool for getting mpg's IMO.

I am sure with EFI Live someone could get the DIC to display that info though.

Comment

Working...
                              X