Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Greater torque and horsepower.

Get an EFI live tune and if you feel like spending a little extra a dsp switch so you can switch between tunes on the fly. Did it a couple months ago to a buddies 3500 hd. He's happy with it.

Comment

I have been driving my, what seems like a new truck for about a month now. Had a PPEI turner installed, DPF deleted and got rid of the DEF system, and replaced the exhaust with 5". Had it set for 150 HP boost for a few weeks. Very hard to believe how much faster it was over stock. That was a lot of fun and got 20 MPG. I re-programed it to only 60 HP boost. Really not a great difference than the 150 HP boost. Still 20 MPG. I thought it would be higher but will leave the boost where it is for the winter. Took a trip with a 6000 lb trailer I got 14.5 MPG where I used to get 13. The road was hilly and at lot of stop and go. Leaving in a few days for Montana area. Perhaps I'll get better. It smells like a diesel now, it's louder inside and out. Can not help but smile listening to the turbo. Love it.
      Last edited by ketch1970; 09-18-2016, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Went to the rocky mountains and national parks therein. 5018 mile trip. Flat lands, mountains and head winds and tail winds. Pulling a 6000 max trailer. Got 15 MPG. Noticed A LOT of other diesels that have deleted emissions. Makes total sense. Nice to be able to pass a number of other slow vehicles in a hurry. (I DO NOT USE ST (TRAILER TIRES) on my travel trailer.

Comment

Awesome. Always nice to pull and not have anything to worry about. FWIW normally the bigger tunes with a light foot will lead to the best fuel mileage.
          Carson

'99 2500 Suburban
          '04 Duramax Quadrasteer Suburban
          '01 Tahoe 5.3L (sold)

Comment

Another update. Replaced OEM air intake with S&B intake. Huge filter, much larger cut outs in air box. Love the clear window. Changed to winter tires, dropping from 295/70's to 285/65's. Drove to Chicago and back driving 75 to 80 MPH with some slower local driving averaged 21.4 MPG. Believe it was a combination of new air intake and a tad smaller tires. Been driving with the 150 HP boost. Noticed a couple of times the DIC told me to change the fuel filter NOW. It was starving for fuel when I had to get on it to 'merge' into traffic. In a few hours I'll pick up my truck after having a FASS 150 GPH fuel pump/filter system with a sump in the fuel tank with bulkhead fitting and internal 5/8" straw. Also OEM fuel filter delete, so no more of that issue. Also egr delete. Can't wait to see what kind of results I'll notice.

Comment

Got the truck back last night. No sump with internal 5/8" straw. Mechanic thought it not worthwhile since other lines were smaller. Egr delete left a pile of engine components on the floor. FASS pump and filters installed just ahead of driver's side rear wheel well. He tucked it up as high as he could, but fortunately visible enough. Gives the truck not only better performance but a definite light mod appearance, aka sleeper. Now with it tuned to 200HP boost, I think I'll enjoy it and hold off on anymore expensive performance products. For awhile.

Comment