Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fuel Filler Door Bumpers...where to buy?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Filler Door Bumpers...where to buy?

Both of the small rubber bumper thingies that absorb the closing of the fuel door broke off. I need to buy some replacement ones, where can I get them from? The truck is a 2000 Silvy

I think the technical term for them is fuel door bumper
    **My Little Roots Rocka**

Re: Fuel Filler Door Bumpers...where to buy?

Make a post in Marks GM parts forum.

Comment

they are free at the gm dealerships on sunday
      2008 Chevy Silverado 1500 RCSB LT1, 2" level kit, 295/55/20 Nitto Trail Grapplers
      2001 Silverado LS EXT with HD Front Conversion, 35k original miles

Comment

Dealer item.
        BTW. They get knocked off when wiping the truck down.
        2005 Chevy Silverado Crew 5.3: Wait4me Tune, Rear Sway/Overload Springs, Headlight Mod., Rebadged w/ Xtreme Chevy Badge, Billet Grill w/ Blue Bowtie.
        2005 GMC W/T Extended Cab 5.3 295 HP: Headlight Mod.

Comment

any part numbers on these bad boys?
          **My Little Roots Rocka**

Comment

Originally posted by JB
            they are free at the gm dealerships on sunday
            haha thats what i did when i needed one. took it off my friends moms truck which they were selling it at the dealership

Comment

DSZ,

Private me your mailing address. I just removed my gas cap cover the other and replaced it with a billet style. Step 2 of the instructions was to remove those rubber stops. I still have them and will send them to you.

Have a great day.

Bill

2005 Silverado 1500 LS 4x4 with Quadrasteer * BlackBear Performance Tune * 180 Thermostat * Airaid air intake * Dynatech Supermaxx headers with cats * Corsa dual side exit cat-back exhaust * 275/60/20 tires

Comment

As already posted they are only a dealer item, i know I went and purchased a couple there a few weeks ago (one missing and the other worn out) But I just ended up putting some black silicone in the hole then pushed the rubber in and well I have yet to have them fall out so far.

Comment

I know this is an ooooold post, but here is a link to partsdirect for bumpers.

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/catalog/frameset.cfm

If the link won't direct you, I searched fuel door.

*** Looks like the link takes you to the home page, part number 15283098. ***
                  Last edited by WhaJac; 01-20-2011, 07:23 AM. Reason: add part number

Comment

To those saying that these are only a DEALER part, you are wrong or mis informed. They have these in the HELP! section at Autozone and Advance. a couple bucks for a package or alot of em.
                    BLITCH-
                    88 GMC Daily with built 355 and built 700r4. FOR SALE $5500 OBO

Comment

Originally posted by suthrn98 View Post
                      To those saying that these are only a DEALER part, you are wrong or mis informed. They have these in the HELP! section at Autozone and Advance. a couple bucks for a package or alot of em.
                      You would be amazed at what Dorman sells thru the Help lineup. Try and find a parts person rather than a clerk at one of those places and see if they can find the paper catalog to look thru.

Comment

45621 Dorman on ebay

Comment

I had the same problem when I bought my truck a few years ago and I am just getting around to replacing those lost fuel door bumpers. Most places I found want you to buy 1,000 of them because they are a whole seller or something. What if you just need a couple? I finally found someone who is selling them at a decent price. This worked out good for me, hope it helps.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251349728480...witem=&vxp=mtr

Comment

McMaster Carr is hardware store to the Gods. They have 'em:
                            http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-ru...umpers/=oqp5ul
                            Boxes of 100, but so dirt cheap you will have a lifetime supply for you and your friends.
                            '04 Silverado 1/2 ton 2WD ext. cab dk. grey. 5.3 liter, locking diff. XLerator exhaust - offbrand but throaty. Borgeson intermediate shaft, Bilstein HD shocks.

KJ6LFD

Comment

Updated link for ebay listing here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261329375937...84.m1555.l2649

Comment

Working...
                              X