Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cracked dash

On a '92 Chevy 1500, the dash has 3 cracks close together about an inch long at the corner of the speaker grill on the corner away from the windshield and drivers window. Any way to 'fix' this besides replacing whole dash? Any ideas?

Re: cracked dash

I also had cracks in my dash and tried to repair them with the Permatex Dashboard repair kit but, it didn't come out too well. I purchased the dash board mat at autozone. It covers the entire dash and is custome made to fit your dash in the color of your interior.
    2006 Crew Cab
    Flowmaster's Delta Flows 50
    Escalade Handles
    Inifinity 60.07cs
    Dual Fosgate Subs

Comment

lol, fiberglass? I'm sure there are some kinds of kits though
      Grunmn

Comment

has anybody ever heard of a putty fo even using a sodering iron and 'glueing' the cracks back together on the underneath dise of the dash? If this problem can't be fixed, anyone know of a reliable source to purchase a new dash? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by paw paw
          has anybody ever heard of a putty fo even using a sodering iron and 'glueing' the cracks back together on the underneath dise of the dash? If this problem can't be fixed, anyone know of a reliable source to purchase a new dash? thanks

I have weled plastic and there are kits available from Eastwood. Let me know if you need a link. The kits run around $300. You can weld it up but think about this. The dash is old. You will weld up those cracks and it just may crack again in a different location. If I was you and you were going to keep the truck I would change out the dash. Just my thoughts.

Personal Responsibility – GO GET SOME!

Comment

Originally posted by paw paw
            check out ckresto.com
            they have just about EVERY part for older model trucks. even that dash piece, and its only $80

*edit* my mistake....its $104.95
            Last edited by seth350; 02-19-2005, 01:05 PM.
            04' Silverado 2500 Crew Cab
            6" Pro Comp Lift
            35" Toyo M/Ts
            18x10 Mazzi Hulks
            sigpic

Comment

Yeah I thought that dash piece was cheap and easy to change.. $100 is cheap to completely replace the top of the dash...
              1994 Chevy Silverado Extended Cab 1500 Z71 4x4, 5.7L V-8, - Restored and Better than Ever

Comment

Originally posted by mike94silverado
                Yeah I thought that dash piece was cheap and easy to change.. $100 is cheap to completely replace the top of the dash...

Obviously you have done this before? What did you use or how did you paint the dash?

Comment

Working...
                X