X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 88-94 to 95-98 All Swap Info Compile

Originally posted by Project 2005
    my gauges up and running!

Look good, but you have to admit that we have to get rid of that ugly steering wheel and put the new one or at least a billet one!!

Comment

Originally posted by mrteacha
      This sounds like a great idea how much are you planning to sell these adapters for? I assume it would be a complete kit so everything plugs right in...If you are seriously thinking of doing this when will these things be available
      They should be available once Im back to work and can afford to start making them. Im not sure how much Ill charge. It all depends on how much time and money it takes to do it. Yes everythign will be included to be plug and play.
      95 Silverado RCLB Z71 3/4 ton
      6" ProComp 3" BL
      38x15.50x20 Nitto Mud Grapplers on 20x10 Eagle Alloy 064 Series
      06 LQ9 6.0L, NV3500, 14SF with 4.88's
      True Duals, Mangaflow Dual-in Dual out with 45's

Comment

Originally posted by MStefak
        They should be available once Im back to work and can afford to start making them. Im not sure how much Ill charge. It all depends on how much time and money it takes to do it. Yes everythign will be included to be plug and play.
        wow u left me with even more questions now...heehee so it will be a complete kit which is good but a time frame would be good.. I am getting all the parts for the interior swap. i should have em all in my garage by mid month, so approx. how much time for you to work and get the project going? i would like to get the interior put in before the summer
        1992 2 dr FS Blazer 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by Project 2005
          my gauges up and running!

tell me how/did you reset the odometer so it reads the correct milege your truck has on it, or did you just leave it the way it was on the new gauges.
          2003 Chev Silverado 4x4 4.10 gears and it has a 4.8L:thud:
          1997 GMC Sierra 4x4 4.3L 4L60E KOSS CD player,16mpg,3.73 gears z71 skid plates <<<sold

4th year apprentice at Chev Dealer

Comment

you have to put a sticker on the door that says what mileage the switch occured at. i didnt feel like changing the mileage.
            Formerly Project 2005sigpic

Comment

Hey project 2005, maybe you can help me out.. I just finished connecting my passenger side window and locks and they work.. except the lock only LOCKS, doesn't UNLOCK. I wonder if I connected a wire wrong or if I might have not connected one wire.. which pins on the new controls are the unlock ones so I can mess around with those..

Ill post pics in a moment..

Comment

ok, on the passenger door panel, the unlock feature is controlled by two wires. the wire that connects to the other door switch is the A pin. the pin that goes to the unlock solinoid is C.

a side note. the driver panel doesnt directly connect to the door unlocking solinoids. it only has two wires that leave, one for lock, one for unlock. these both go to the passenger door switch. then it goes from the passenger switch to the doors(which seems very stupid to me.) our trucks didnt do this. im going to figure out a way to do this an easier way, seriouisly.
                Formerly Project 2005sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mrteacha
                  wow u left me with even more questions now...heehee so it will be a complete kit which is good but a time frame would be good.. I am getting all the parts for the interior swap. i should have em all in my garage by mid month, so approx. how much time for you to work and get the project going? i would like to get the interior put in before the summer
                  Shant be too long .. before summer .. BETTER BE I NEED MONEY !!! haha. Say maybe late april.
                  6" ProComp 3" BL

Comment

I got my passenger side working windows and locks.. lock unlock works as it should, controls both doors.. at the end you will be left with two wires (dk blue and brown). You will use the lock actuators harness coming from the truck.. and disconnect the window motor harness from the truck and attach the one from your new controls harness to the window motor..

Comment

ok so wil this door panel info work with my 92 truck and im tryin to put 98 panels on!! i have everythin but the buttons....
                      TireFryr- Built 356ci Ported Accel super ram, Coated LTs,Built 700r4,2800Yenk stall,3.73posi "TractionLess"

Comment

yeah it will work on your 92 truck.. i already connected both of my doors and they work.. only problem is that my control switchon the drivers side controls my passenger window but reverse.. when I push window up, it goes down and vice versa..

Comment

Door Panel Swap 88-94 With Power

88-94 \\ 95-98

3 PIN HARNESS
                          Tan \\ Tan
                          Dark blue w/white stripe \\ Light blue
                          Red \\ Yellow

6 PIN HARNESS
                          Light blue \\ Light blue
                          Black w/red stripe \\ White
                          Orange w/black stripe \\ Orange
                          Grey \\ Grey
                          Tan \\ Tan
                          Black \\ Black
                          is the passenger side the same as the driver side?
                          TireFryr- Built 356ci Ported Accel super ram, Coated LTs,Built 700r4,2800Yenk stall,3.73posi "TractionLess"

Comment

Yes its the saem on both side. But as mentioned before this color coding is not going ot work as well as I want it too because colors did change a bit through the years.

I will post up a number coded version soon.
                            6" ProComp 3" BL

Comment

WILLyou be making a plug and play for the cluster also?

Comment

Originally posted by MStefak
                                Soon I will be offering ' Quick Wiring Harness Adapters '.

What this will be are two pigtails one 88-94 and one 95-98 with 3-4 inches of wire inbetween. The harness will have the appropriate wires going to the appropriate pigtail number/letter. They will be available for Door panel swaps WITH power , Cluster swaps, and A/C heater controls which will include proper relays in place.

This will allow for a quick safe way to adapt one style to the other!
                                The answer would be yes
                                6" ProComp 3" BL

Comment

Working...
                                X