Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 k2500 blower problem

I have recently purchased my 1999 k2500, the hvac blower would only work on high so i assumed the resistor. I changed resistor, did not fix problem. I then replaced control board assembly this worked for short time then it quit working intermittedly completely . I changed the motor next then it was working only on high but not always . Next i changed the relay, worked again sometimes but would still not work all the time. I changed the resister again because when it did work it was only on high. I changed the relay a second time and didn't help. With test light on relay i have my power to red wire and off and on wire to purple which goes to blower. Any suggestions? Can you tell me what activates the relay to power the blower from there?

Re: 1999 k2500 blower problem

I'm not sure my '04 would be similar; but, my son-in-law replaced my resistor (located under dash close to blower motor), and told me there are actually two plugs going into the motor. I didn't get under and look, so I can't say where they both go; but, he said both have to be locked in place with their built in tabs or there will be a loose connection. I don't know if this will help you or not; but, since mine worked when he finished, I thought I would share this info with you.

Comment

Re: 1999 k2500 blower problem

Originally posted by kens04silverado View Post
      I'm not sure my '04 would be similar; but, my son-in-law replaced my resistor (located under dash close to blower motor), and told me there are actually two plugs going into the motor. I didn't get under and look, so I can't say where they both go; but, he said both have to be locked in place with their built in tabs or there will be a loose connection. I don't know if this will help you or not; but, since mine worked when he finished, I thought I would share this info with you.
      thanks for the information that ground wire down there is definitely a problem but I think my main problem is behind the controller. it doesn't seem like the connector is very tight. thanks

Comment