• Solid axle upgrades

Specs that I know...

1989 GMC V2500

8 lug

3 speed automatic

14 bolt 3.73

350 TBI

All factory

That being said, both axles need minor attention. I'm Not looking to go buck wild, just mild upgrades. Durability wise is what I want mostly. I trail ride, and drag others out when they get stuck or break down, and I tow mild weights, 8~10K, she does it, tho, not without complaints. The engine and trans are coming out a little later, I'm only wondering bout the axles. Google provides many options, but there all "the BEST option", according to the ppl vomiting there 2 cents.

I can buy new or rebuilt axles. I don't care. If I spend $2500 each, I'm cool with that. I'd rather not, but I will if I have to. I dont like downtime, so buying another set of axles is appealing to me, but, I could rebuild mine, and do it on a long weekend. I'd hate to rebuild crap axles. I'd rather have bulletproof. I can do bearings and races all day, but diff and axle choice. There are not my areas of discernment. Let alone the things I'm failing to think about.

Axles,
    buy new? Buy rebuilt? Rebuild mine?

I don't need guesses or novice assurances.
    All I want is to be pointed in a direction,
    Preferably better than where I am now.

Thanks in advance guys!

Re: Solid axle upgrades

Im not 100% sure what came in the V2500s... Which front axle do you have? And is the rear 14 bolt a 10.5" full float or a 9.5" semi-float?

Do you have cross over steering already?

I (re)built my truck/axles with parts from OffRoadDesign and WFOConcepts, everything Ive ordered has been very high quality and solid.
    Last edited by cwin2007; 01-11-2017, 02:07 PM.
    99 OBS ECSB z71 5.7L/4L60E/SAS/P-drop NP241/D60/14BFF/4.56s/Detroits/Hydro-assist/Blackbear

Comment