Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• max size tires without lift or trimming on Z71

Is the 285 the biggest size I can possibly fit on my 2000 Sierra E.C Z71? I am not lifting it (yet) and do not wana trim anything away at all.
    2000 gmc sierra z71 Ext. Cab

used to own a 96 Trans Am, will own another TA someday (hopefully fast enough to require my truck to tow it to the track)

Re: max size tires without lift or trimming on Z71

Originally posted by rotoruter2001
    Is the 285 the biggest size I can possibly fit on my 2000 Sierra E.C Z71? I am not lifting it (yet) and do not wana trim anything away at all.
    Yep Some say you can stuff 305's in there, but I'd rather have a 285 and not have any chances of rubbing

Comment

i didnt know if the z71 made any diff versus regular sierras. I have heard that 295s are ok too? ever seen them on a sierra anyone?

used to own a 96 Trans Am, will own another TA someday (hopefully fast enough to require my truck to tow it to the track)

Comment

Originally posted by rotoruter2001
        i didnt know if the z71 made any diff versus regular sierras. I have heard that 295s are ok too? ever seen them on a sierra anyone?
        I have 285's on 8 inch rims. I think if you have to start trimming then the tires don't look good anyways. thats just my thought on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tungsten

I have 285's on 8 inch rims. I think if you have to start trimming then the tires don't look good anyways. thats just my thought on it.
          Great looking truck, Tungsten. I didnt know that you got rid of the '02, and got the '03. I really like it. Any more pics of the new truck?
          '99 Chevy Silverado Z71 - Rancho Suspension - 305/70-16 Nitto Terra Grapplers

Comment

I have and 02 GMC Z71 ex cab short bed, and I put on 295 BFG AT/KO's and have not had a rub yet through 7,000 miles, this also included some mild off roading. By the way the 295 in most cases is actually a taller tire than the 305, my 295's are 32.7 inches while my dad's 305's are 32.1 inches. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant

Great looking truck, Tungsten. I didnt know that you got rid of the '02, and got the '03. I really like it. Any more pics of the new truck?
              Thanks! These are some new pics of it. I really like this truck a lot. The extra room is great.

Comment

Originally posted by 02gmc
                I have and 02 GMC Z71 ex cab short bed, and I put on 295 BFG AT/KO's and have not had a rub yet through 7,000 miles, this also included some mild off roading. By the way the 295 in most cases is actually a taller tire than the 305, my 295's are 32.7 inches while my dad's 305's are 32.1 inches. Hope this helps.
                Yup, I have to agree, I had BFG 295s on my truck stock (first upgrade I made) and had no rubbing issues, even off-roading.
                **My Little Roots Rocka**

Comment

thanks guys. those with the 295s, did you need to do anything special to make them work? Forgive me I am a newbee here.

Comment

Nope, nothing special was needed to fit those bad boys in there. The only drawback though with the 295s is that not too many companies make them. But for me, since I only use BFG tires, it was not a concern. They make the truck look nice and aggressive. I'd say go for it man!
                    **My Little Roots Rocka**

Comment

Working...
                    X