Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

efi live or programmer??? which is better for gas?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• efi live or programmer??? which is better for gas?

alright i am new to this sight and have a few questions. i have a 98 chevy k1500 5.7 vortec and am wanting to know which would be better. EFI live or a programmer, and wht kinda hp gain am i looking at with efi live?? if a programmer is the better choice what would be some good suggestions?? and wht would the pros and cons be of both??

Re: efi live or programmer??? which is better for gas?

EFI live wins hands down
    '95 C1500, LT's, 3200 stall, and some PCM tweaking

Originally posted by Chevy4life11
    ive got 8 inches and i still wish i had 6 more

Comment

There is a learning curve involved in EFILive, but if you're willing to put in the time, it'll be better than any generic programmer out there.
      '05 GMC 2500 HD LLY
      '07 TBSS AWD 3SS
      Originally posted by BHB
      Ummm...By that, I think that would require sticking my own finger into my "Doug".

Comment

Man dont get either. There are guys who make a living tuning vehicles all day long every day using efi live and hp tuners. Programmers are a waste of money but the learning curve for efi live is steep. Just spend 200-300 bucks and get a custom tune. Best of both worlds, simplicity of a programmer with the awesome gains of efi live.
        2004 5.3 CCSB Silverado Z71
        - Nelson tune
        - Pacesetter LTs and ORY
        - Corsa dB black
        - LS1 fans
        - 285/70/17 toyo open country AT's

Comment

well i got a guy who already has the set up for efi live and said he would tune my truck, so that is gunna save me a ton of money from having to buy everything...... also, wht kiinda hp gain am i gunna be looking at with efi live??

Comment

EFI Live hands down. It all depends on the tuner

2013 Chevy Silverado
            Zone/Toyo/American Force/Airaid/Dynomax/EFI Live/Pioneer/Alpine/and more
            2011 Chevy Tahoe

Comment

Originally posted by JWolfe75 View Post
              There is a learning curve involved in EFILive, but if you're willing to put in the time, it'll be better than any generic programmer out there.
              Yeah but its not rocket science.
              Last edited by JT1992; 09-25-2011, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Its not but you can really f something up if you don't know what your doing

2013 Chevy Silverado
                Zone/Toyo/American Force/Airaid/Dynomax/EFI Live/Pioneer/Alpine/and more
                2011 Chevy Tahoe

Comment

Originally posted by JT1992 View Post
                  Yeah but its not rocket science.
                  Do you have any personally experience, Ive had the program for a while now and i still dont know ALOT. And i used to be on efilive site everyday.

2500 6.0 vortec 6in skyjacker lift with keys on 16in eagle wrapped in good year kevlar 285, LPP LT's, gmpp cam, efi live tuning software, true dual flowmaster 40 series Circle D 2500-2800.

Comment

Yeah my brother has efi live for his duramax and it takes many many hours to get used to. I would just get a custom tuned pcm and call it a day.

Comment

Yea tunning a diesel is much easier.

2500 6.0 vortec 6in skyjacker lift with keys on 16in eagle wrapped in good year kevlar 285, LPP LT's, gmpp cam, efi live tuning software, true dual flowmaster 40 series Circle D 2500-2800.

Comment

Well then in that case it will take even longer to learn how to use on a gas truck so i definetly wouldnt get it unless your willing to put in some serious hours

Comment

You mean life lol.

Comment

haha yeah you got to figure some of these guys who do tuning for a living have 100's of hours into similar if not the same software.

Comment

Yea usually once a tuner get familiar with that particular software they usually don't change.

Comment

Working...
                              X