Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whipple Regulator Question

Getting ready to install a whipple on my 92 5.7 tbi. The kit I got is missing the fuel pressure regulator. Does anyone know where to find a replacement or something comparable. Apparantly the regulator is a 3:1 boost reference. Any help or ideas would be great. Thanks

Re: Whipple Regulator Question

hey Blue, anything with the install yet of the Whipple and you still looking for a regulator?

Comment

Still collecting some little misc parts here and there so I can get in all done over a weekend or so. Still looking for a regulator, Ive heard that I can run the EBL system and make the fuel map boost referenced but would still like a referenced regulator as well.

Getting close other than that, just need a fuel pump and belt I think. Any thoughts on a pump? I was planning on ordering the 155 that originally comes with the kit.

Comment

How many pounds of boost are you looking to get? anything over 8 is when youll have to get into the computer stuff. anything under is fine as long as you monitor it very well and tune it correctly.
        this would be the BEST option for you since you dont have the whippled one.
        http://home.windstream.net/mcfly/AeroReg.htm

fuel pump is EP-377 Ac delco, just bought a brand new one of those last nite on Ebay for 40 bucks, retails around 130 or something.
        Or anything like a walbaro or inline pump will help. What other mods do you have going? if not a lot, id say the Ep377 would suit the needs, then an inline down the road if you do something crazy.

The only main things i need is a smooth belt tensioner which i know the part number for and a thermostat housing for the low clearance in there. Everything else is sitting here waiting to go in. Also im looking for a smaller pulley already. Im currently making the fuel lines out of 6an stainless braided from the TB back to the tank (easier to deal with then factory metal crap)

While were talking about Fuel, i bought one of those adapters from CFM tech, which allows me to run 2, 1/8" ports which go to one manual small fuel pressure gauge which sits in the engine bay, then one electric autometer one for inside.

Comment

http://www.cfm-tech.com/catalog/fuel...er_2940807.htm

Comment

Im only planning to run around 5 or 6 psi. I just use the truck to haul the race car around so dont need anything too crazy. I was looking at that regulator and it looks like it may be the ticket.

I dont have a whole lot of other mods, headers and new exhaust and the ultimate TBI mods is about all. I will start checking ebay for that fuel pump and then be one step closer. I have a bunch of fittings left over from the race car so I should be able to patch together some braided stainless lines, just need to get the TBI fittings. Do you have the part numbers for the ones you used?

I have the fitting that came with an actron pressure gauge, but I may upgrade to the cfm fitting so I can monitor fp inside the cab.

Comment

Umm ill have to find the fittings im using. But i think im still missing a few here and there. Yea youll be fine then with that fuel pump. That regulator is perfect like you said as well.

Need anything else? i also grabbed a few Gatorback belts of ebay for 10bucks each for this kit. Then i picked up some AEM new filters for the kit as well. Im not a fan of K&N ones plus it was smashed when i got my kit.

Comment

I think thats about all ill need, I have the part number for the belt laying around somewhere, and Ill order a new filter as well, mine is a little beat up, nothing horrible, but its always nice to start with new stuff.

Comment

Of course. These things are a pain in the ass to really find all the parts and to gather everything up. but i guess its better then buying it new for 5grand lol

Comment

any idea where those 2 big bolts go?

Comment

edit: what temp thermostat are you going to be running? Shouldnt it be lower then the stock one?

Comment

Im not sure where those bolts go, Ill have to lay everything out and see if I can find where they go. And Im running a 160 in there now, Im pretty sure it was recommended to go with 160 or 180 on these.

Comment

thanks boss :)

Comment

how is everybodys whipples running? i have an aeromotive fpr in mine and called dave te guy that did the whipple tbi tune and he said that that vac/boost ref wont ever work right...westers garage cant seem to get it right anyways...Dave told me that the fpr has to be non vac and boost only at a 1.5 to 1 ratio...my truck just runs like sh*t in closed loop, getting way too much fuel and the inj are turned down too much and the comp cant compensate for the change from 15" of vac to 5.5lbs of boost fast enough when i mat it and it stutters and pops until it catches back up. so as of now im looking for te whipple fpr if someone has one shoot me a message plz

Comment

do you have a wideband setup?

Comment

Working...
                              X