Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best cam for a 350 tbi

Whats the best mild cam for a currently stock 350 tbi that will still be a good daily driver

Re: Best cam for a 350 tbi

Do you have any other plans for it? What gears do you have? Sometimes that's an easier upgrade than a cam, and usually will feel a bit peppier in town. With any cam it will need a tune to run at optimum, but for what you're looking at, no other changes to drivetrain, etc., stay under 210ยบ@.050". TBI heads need a bit of work in order to breathe up top, so it won't do much good to get more aggressive on timing.

'92 Sierra (TBI 383/Vortecs/Comp 08-412-8/EBL/4L60/3.08s), '78 Malibu (Vortec'd 350/4-speed/2.29s), '87 Pontiac Fiero GT (2.8 v6/5-speed)

Comment

Got the stock Z-71 gears which are 3.73 i believe. and do you know anywhere to get 4.56 gears online??

Comment

summitracing but requires a new sized carrier for gears bigger then 4:10 because of ring gear being to big pushing out into the diff cover....

Comment

do you have the link?

Comment

Originally posted by Bbell View Post
            Got the stock Z-71 gears which are 3.73 i believe. and do you know anywhere to get 4.56 gears online??
            my stock Z71 gears were 3.42....just so you know
            1993 Chevy 5.7 tbi Z71, vortec heads, GMPP tbi vortec intake, 2" TBI and bored intake, TBI spacer, Comp Cams 08-409-8 XTREME 4x4 roller cam conversion, Hedman full length headers, 3" body lift, 33" tires, Paxton Performance tune (aka 94Blazer383), 4.10's, Hypertech powercharger, built 4l60e.

Comment

well my axle dont have a tag and the numbers in the glove box are wore off so i cant tell.

Comment

Saying you have Z71 stock gears is like saying you have the Z71 stock color, guys. This false Z71 bravado never ends. 2 ways to tell gear ratio now...remove the cover and count then divide the teeth on the ring and pinion or jack up the back of the truck, spin the tire, and count the driveshaft revolutions. They make ring gear spacers to run certain gears with other carriers....done all the time, just not recommended for extreme duty applications.
                '96 K1500 SUBURBAN

Comment

Originally posted by SUBURBIAN View Post
                  Saying you have Z71 stock gears is like saying you have the Z71 stock color, guys. This false Z71 bravado never ends. 2 ways to tell gear ratio now...remove the cover and count then divide the teeth on the ring and pinion or jack up the back of the truck, spin the tire, and count the driveshaft revolutions. They make ring gear spacers to run certain gears with other carriers....done all the time, just not recommended for extreme duty applications.
                  The driveshaft does 4 turns to 1 turn of the tire. What's that telling me?

Comment

It sounds like you could or most probably do have a 4.1X ring/pinion set...which is one of the numerous "stock" Z71 gear ratios.
                    '96 K1500 SUBURBAN

Comment

What ratio is that?

Comment

A poorly marked one I bet. You are half way between gear ratios.

Comment

And that means?...

Comment

Originally posted by Bbell View Post
                            And that means?...
                            Means you should have come up just less than 4 (3.73) or just more than 4 (4.10).

Comment

Well actually at EXACTLY one tire rotation the driveshaft had spun ALMOST 4 turns.

Comment

Working...
                              X