Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TBI fuel pressure adapter

I tried searching but couldn't find a good thread on which is the best. Would you guys rather use the adapter that goes up near the throttle body or the one that goes in place of the fuel filter?
    1994 K1500 Z71

Re: TBI fuel pressure adapter

I looked at both recently. Personally I decided that taking the fuel filter off every time I needed to check the Fuel Pressure would be a major PIA. I purchased this one off EBAY from TBIParts
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TBI-T...Q5fAccessories

I like the fact that I can check my fuel pressure without taking anything apart. I do have to get a 0-15 psi gauge instead of the 0 - 100 psi gauge on the fuel pressure tester that I use.

Comment

Originally posted by jim_in_dorris View Post
      I looked at both recently. Personally I decided that taking the fuel filter off every time I needed to check the Fuel Pressure would be a major PIA. I purchased this one off EBAY from TBIParts
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TBI-T...Q5fAccessories

I like the fact that I can check my fuel pressure without taking anything apart. I do have to get a 0-15 psi gauge instead of the 0 - 100 psi gauge on the fuel pressure tester that I use.
      Cool. I looked at that one too. So it doesn't leak or anything? Did you find a cap for the valve or just not worry about it?
      1994 K1500 Z71

Comment

Go on Actron's website and you will find that fitting cost around 8 dlls plus shipping.
        87 Chevy Shortbed -383 ,serpentine belt set up,vortec heads,Lt4 HotCam,Edel 2912 inatake,Holley TB,Gm 80lbs Injectors,
        stock ignition with MSD coil,700r4 Probuilt Autos shift kit,still tuning with EBL

Comment

anyone have a suggestion for a good guage to use on that port?

wiould you leave it permanently or just to check it sometimes

'95 GMC Z71|L05|GT4|Yukon 17s|Belltech|Purple Keys|FastChip|Hedman|Borla |XtremeFI|Goodmark|Kenwood|Memphis|Ultimate TBI Mods|E Fan|
          Yes it is a 4x4, yes it is lowered

2011 Chevy Cruze ECO 6 MT - tint, airbox mod

Comment

For tuning purposes I installed a cab gauge.
            89 K3500 RCLB- Fat Snarling RAT..Scat/Eagle/Crower/Crane/Edelbrock/MSD..TBI/EBL/TH400/Dana 60 :bowtie:

Comment

The Actron site shows the fitting being used on the filter. Can you use it up by the TBI unit as well?
              1994 K1500 Z71

Comment

Originally posted by Biggreentank View Post
                The Actron site shows the fitting being used on the filter. Can you use it up by the TBI unit as well?
                why not its the same size line and fitting at the filter as it is going in to the back of th TB

'95 GMC Z71|L05|GT4|Yukon 17s|Belltech|Purple Keys|FastChip|Hedman|Borla |XtremeFI|Goodmark|Kenwood|Memphis|Ultimate TBI Mods|E Fan|

Comment

I used this in line adapter that installs at the throttle body & the pressure line. I installed a 30 psi gauge from Summit. I know what my fuel pressure is just by looking under the hood. You can also install a external gauge, but if you mount it in the cab you need use a isolator. Kinda pricey at $39.00 but worth every penny to me. You can find it here http://marine-performance-parts.com/...843505774.aspx

Comment

do you have pics or parts or a write up I could use for reference i would like to do this because I have the adapter that is posted above but dont know how to mount and under hood guage in in cab guage

Comment

You remove the fuel line adapter at the throttle body & install this in its place. Then you just put a gauge in one of the ports. You can plug the other one or use it for a gauge inside the cab. Not very good pics but you can get the idea.

Comment

I like that idea and its a CLEAN install I just wish I could use the existing valve I have

Comment

I just bought the one from actron it was $5.36 plus shipping part # 0180-000-1465. It goes between tb and line. I seen the same one on ebay for $24.99

Comment

does NAPA or auto part stores carry that adapter??
                            1987 GMC V2500 Sierra Classic: Green Air Filter, AFPR, TB/Pod Spacers, 3704 Intake, Dougs Headers with 2.5" True Duals and Super 44's, B&M Tranny Cooler and Pan, and 4" Lift with AR Outlaws and 33" BFG AT's...and a Train Horn with On Board Air :naughty:

Comment

autozone does

Comment

Working...
                              X