Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 silverado what size gas tank?

what size tanks are in the 2001 silverado? i have one and i have a 1/4 tank of gas lift going on 300 miles and cant average my MPG. I think its 23gallon but not sure.. and is 14 miles per gallon normal .. I feel like my programmer made my truck run worse and less mileage.
    HILLNUTTZ11

Re: 2001 silverado what size gas tank?

I think all short beds are 24 gal and long beds are 34.

Comment

The new trucks are a 26-gal tank on short and 34-gal on long.
      Last edited by CrazyFrazy; 04-16-2008, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Just fill the tank up and divide the miles by how many gallons it took to fill

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyB
          Just fill the tank up and divide the miles by how many gallons it took to fill
          exactly. doesnt matter the tank size. if youre using the tank size to calculate mileage, youre doing it wrong

fill up, reset trip, drive, refill, read trip and divide trip by gallons on the gas stations highly calibrated pump. rinse and repeat.

make sure you start full and end full. dont keep clicking the handle after it shuts off.

if you have to do a partial fill, make a note of the gallons filled, and dont reset the trip. next time you fill, add all your partial fills plus your current fill for a total gallons, divided by the total trip miles.
          06 Trailblazer SS AWD - Grocery getter 6000 - No times yet
          97 S-10 Stepside 6.3L 5MT - "Stock" :naughty:
          02 Nissan Maxima 6MT - "Grocery Getter 5000" - Bolt ons and spray, 13.50s @ 106 (SOLD)

ASE Master/L1
          GM Master tech

Comment

26 gallon
            02 DMAX!!!!!! 6" fabtech kit on 315/75/16's AFE intake and 4" straight pipe

Comment

Wish I still had a 26 gallon tank. My needle would go farther on the gas gauge.

-1953 3100- -1991 K1500- -1999 Ford Ranger- -2004 Ford Mustang GT-

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyFrazy
                The new trucks are a 26-gal tank on short and 34-gal on long.
                mine only came with a 24 gallon tank...

♠ Magnaflow ♠ Rough Country 3" ♠ 33" Cooper STT's ♠ Blackbear ♠ K&N ♠ Keystone Hood ♠ Carriage Works ♠ Paint ♠ 6000K HID's ♠ 35% Tint ♠ XD Hoss's ♠ Bedrug ♠ Smoked Tails ♠
                XBL: ll U MAD BR0 ll

Comment

Originally posted by abrich
                  mine only came with a 24 gallon tank...
                  You may want to check again. 26 gallon tank is stated in the 2008 Silverado brochure and they are the only 2 tanks listed for both silverado and silverado hd.

Comment

According to my owner's manual. My truck has a 26 gallon tank.
                    Originally posted by kdyjonbama
                    If guns kill people does that mean pencils misspell words

Comment

The manual says 26 gal, but I can guarantee you it is more. I believe it is 27 gallons, as I have filled up more than 26 gallons on multiple occasions. And 14 mpg is pretty good, I get 11-12. As the sig suggests: 02 5.3L Z71
                      Corsa/Fosgate/RanchHand/Nitto
                      Texas A&M

Comment

I get like 12 mpg in stop n' go city driving and 18mpg out away from town. Its been averaging out to 15mpg. Thats for a 2004 Z71 extending cab with a 5.3L engine.
                        Last edited by JRs_Z71; 04-24-2008, 11:08 AM.
                        2004 Silverado ECSB Z71 5.3L, 3.73's, G80
                        Praying for a day when my truck is clean and its not raining...

Comment

Originally posted by BlackTexasZ
                          The manual says 26 gal, but I can guarantee you it is more. I believe it is 27 gallons, as I have filled up more than 26 gallons on multiple occasions. And 14 mpg is pretty good, I get 11-12. As the sig suggests: 02 5.3L Z71
                          I guess I'm doing really good, because on my sierra denali I'm getting 14.8, thats about 95% city driving too.:rocking:
                          -Max

03 Sierra denali quadrasteer. Truetrac, 20' Boss 330s 275/55/20 Pirelli Scorpion ATR, true duel flowmaster 40 series exhaust.
                          Volant CAI, tinted cab & bed lights, 05 silverado tails, 2 kicker 10's.
                          Sig by xZoomerZx.

Comment

Working...
                          X