Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel trailers with a NBS Tahoe

Hey guys, not my first account here just forgot my original username and password. I'm in the market for an 03-06 Tahoe that I will be picking up pretty soon. As well as a couple campers I'm looking at. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience pulling a 21' , 4000 lb camper. I have a trip this summer from Iowa to Kalispell MT and am wondering how this combo will tow. Right now I have a choice between a 3k lb ultra lite or a 4k lb with a slide out, both same length and price. Would like to go with the slideout but I'm worried about how it will tow in the mountains through Montana. Either way I will be going with antisway hitch, Prodigy controller and maybe another tranny cooler.
    Last edited by w0lfman26; 02-15-2017, 12:28 AM.

tow rating for those with 3.73 is like 8 so half that will feel like nothing is back there. just make sure you get a good wd setup like the dual cams reese. it keeps everything in line in the bad wind, and you dont have to mess with it, keep it greased good and they lock and unlock automatically when you turn
    04 Avalanche Z71
    87 Firebird, 07 Monte Carlo lt, 08 lucerne cxl
    some previous; 99 GMC Yukon SLE, 89 350/5spd, 04 550 cclwb, 03 2500hd ccsb, 06 2500hd eclb, 03 sclb 2500hd

Comment

NBS 'hoes also have rear coil springs... So even with a fairly light trailer, you're going to want to look into an airbag setup.

Comment

Originally posted by ToyHauler View Post
        tow rating for those with 3.73 is like 8 so half that will feel like nothing is back there. just make sure you get a good wd setup like the dual cams reese. it keeps everything in line in the bad wind, and you dont have to mess with it, keep it greased good and they lock and unlock automatically when you turn
        Good to hear. I'll be driving 8 hours form KC to CO Springs to pick this thing up. Probably wont have a WD hitch by that time but I'll for sure have a brake controller.

Comment

would not be fun without wd hitch in the wind you have there, going to be white knuckle ride. its not like regular trailer where you can adjust weight and make it ride decent. its going to be dragging you all over the road constantly. i like the like the air bags too but they really arent necessary for a camper this size. the wd bars are though with anti sway. the bags are nice if you tow a bunch of other trailers with no bars and you can adjust easily for the weight. a good wd bar setup will keep it in line with the truck and load the whole truck so the fronts have weight and weight equals being able to steer, not good without that
          04 Avalanche Z71
          some previous; 99 GMC Yukon SLE, 89 350/5spd, 04 550 cclwb, 03 2500hd ccsb, 06 2500hd eclb, 03 sclb 2500hd

Comment

i got mine when i got the trailer, they gave it to me where i bought the trailer for there cost, set it up while we waited.had a similar trip back after and glad to have it
            04 Avalanche Z71

Comment

Working...
            X