If you are not able to login to the forum, please Contact Us here to let us know. Thanks!

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

2007 Silverado-replacing speakers

This is a discussion on 2007 Silverado-replacing speakers within the Audio/Video Electronics forums, part of the General Discussion category; I'm new at this, and this is my first post and first GM vehicle, so if something I say makes ...

2007 Silverado-replacing speakers

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    I'm new at this, and this is my first post and first GM vehicle, so if something I say makes no sense, don't be surprised. I just bought a new Silverado ext. cab with a stock system. Not the Bose upgrade. I'm easy to please, but this is unbearable. I feel I need new speakers all the way around. There is no good stereo place here that I trust. I do not want to replace the head unit, nor do I want to install an amp or sub. Please keep that in mind. My specific questions are: Is there a built in crossover somewhere for the fronts? There are tweeters in the pillars but I have not yet been able to pull them out far enough to see the ends of the wiring. All I have gotten from GM is this meaningless statement, "The tweeters are crossed over to the front door speakers and that uses one channel".

Can I just buy a component set and replace the fronts? Would I be better off just putting new two-ways in the doors? If so, what do I do with those pillar tweeters? How tough is it to take off the door panels with electric windows? I have done this to a Dodge Dakota in the past with very few problems. If I replace the fronts, do I bother with the rears at all?

Re: 2007 Silverado-replacing speakers

First off is the truck the newest body style, or a classic?
    '99 Tahoe - Whitey
    '03 Tahoe - Blackey

Quote Originally Posted by thekl0wn
    First off is the truck the newest body style, or a classic?

Sorry...it's the new body style.

Keep in mind that I have yet to play with the interior of a UBS, and have only ridden in a few, so my knowledge of what's there is foggy....

You should still be much better off with a component set. I'm not sure what it will take to get your component set in, but the mids, I'm thinking, shouldn't be a whole lot different than previous body styles, given you figure out how to get the panels off.

As far as the radio goes, I'm pretty sure you're still going to have to look into an LOC. Look on Navone's website for that item.

You're going to get a unanamous (sp?) no on your rear fill. Once you figure out your front stage and get it installed correctly, you won't want the rear fill!
    '99 Tahoe - Whitey
    '03 Tahoe - Blackey

"Geez that's a big truck" nncanfarelli's Avatar

How did you get the rear door panels off?

Recently, I've found searching on youtube vids will get some hits. This may help you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8cBLiOHQro get started or search further.

"Geez that's a big truck" nncanfarelli's Avatar

Thanks for the idea, but there is nothing on Youtube for the NBS 07-11 Silverados. Has anyone taken the door panel off of their 07-11 Silverado? I am hung up on removing the handle on the extended cab door. Thanks guys
    Last edited by nncanfarelli; 03-27-2011 at 12:06 PM.

you can call off your great tweeter crossover hunt. Pull the tweeter out, flip it over and on the back is a resistor. thats your factory crossover. Its made on to the tweeter. In your door is a full range signal. its not like a dodge where the dash speaker is highs only, and the door speaker is mid only. If your no going to amp the highs, Id put a 2-way set in the doors and leave the factory tweeters alone.

I have done a few NNBS, but I replace the speakers in 15 or so cars a week, and with out having it in front of me I cant recall off the top of my head how its done.