***Login to the Forum here ***

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

1993 suburban rear door speakers inop

This is a discussion on 1993 suburban rear door speakers inop within the Audio/Video Electronics forums, part of the General Discussion category; My 93 has a six-speaker system. Only one of the six wasnt blown by the previous owner. Put new ones ...

1993 suburban rear door speakers inop

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    My 93 has a six-speaker system. Only one of the six wasnt blown by the previous owner. Put new ones in, and noticed that the ones in the rear doors dont work. Checked the wiring from the speaker location to the dash harness, cant find any continuity anywhere. Checked to see if they ran parallel or in series with the 4x10s in the very back, and no dice there either.

It had an alpine am/fm/cassette unit, but the dash harness seemed unmolested.

I did a search and found a similar post from 3 years ago that went unanswered.

Any suggestions?

great and eminent junkie

Re: 1993 suburban rear door speakers inop

Yup. There's a pink wire in the harness (I think it's the pink one, if no one can confirm, i'll check mine). Connect it to your remote lead on the HU. This will activate the rear door speakers.

*edit* I verified it. Connect the pink wire from the trucks harness to the blue remote lead on your head unit and this will activate the rear speakers.

J.
    Last edited by juliendogg; 07-02-2007 at 04:36 PM.

Sorry to drag up an old question of mine...

I connected the pink from the truck to the wire from the HU, and still nuttin. I meant to respond earlier, but I was getting the suburban ready to tow the race car, and it was a week of thrashing on the car and a new $300+ radiator in the suburban - so the radio wasnt a big deal.

Where is the amp for the rear door speakers? I need to find it and see if the wiring is unmolested. I hooked up an electric brake controller and have been under the dash quite a bit already.

great and eminent junkie

What did you connect the pink wire to ? It should be connected to the blue remote wire.

it went to the blue remote wire

great and eminent junkie

Hrm. that should be all there is to it unless the amp is not working for some other reason. I honestly have no idea where it's located.

a final update on this one for anyone interested:

Looked under the drivers seat, where the amp SHOULD be located. Nothing. But I found a slit in the carpet. Stuck my finger in, and found the amp harness coiled up underneath. I then took the carpet loose near the fuse block - all the way over to the gas pedal, and found the other end of the harness. Pulled all of it out. 10 wires. power and ground, PLUS the wires for each rear door, as well as wires that parallel the 4x10s in the very rear. Evidently its a speaker-level input amp (or was) that is used to power the rear doors. I wired accordingly, problem solved.