***Login to the Forum here ***

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

ABS Problem..code C0265?

This is a discussion on ABS Problem..code C0265? within the Audio/Video Electronics forums, part of the General Discussion category; Intermittent ABS/Brake! lights...Took the Blazer to a dealer to get the code read, they told me this code meant that ...

ABS Problem..code C0265?

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    Intermittent ABS/Brake! lights...Took the Blazer to a dealer to get the code read, they told me this code meant that the BPMV motor had shorted and this caused the EBCM to blow. To an electronics expert this sounded like complete baloney, if the motor had indeed shorted and caused this kind of fault, it certainly wouldn't be intermittent (10% of the time, roughly). The second dealer I brought it to also said I needed an EBCM, that he could make the fault appear/clear by tapping on the unit. Anyone experienced w/ ABS have any advice? BTW, C0265 = EBCM relay/amplifier circuit open..This is a 2001 Blazer..

Re: ABS Problem..code C0265?

Replace the relay. this is a somewhat common problem. type code C0265 on the search browser and see how many hits come up not to mention the simple fixes, Most start with a 30 dollar relay U-Pull it could be a place to get one cheaper.

Last edited by airwaves; 08-15-2008 at 10:47 PM.

airwaves, can you point us to a site for the info. I did a search but could not get the detail.
    We're working on a 2001 1500 series 2wd

From what I have been reading the relays are non-serviceable. Does this sounds right? Also have code C0267. Are there any other possibilities?

"DIAGNOSTIC AIDS (DTC C0265)
    DTC C0265 usually sets because of an open relay coil or non-closable relay contacts. The relay is located within the EBCM. The relay is not serviceable. If the test does not repair the DTC, then replace the EBCM."

04 GMC Sierra Z71, 5.3, Magnaflow cat-back, BlackBear Tune, 6HI mod, esky handles...
    Thanks spitfire2332 for the sig!

I believe I have narrowed it down to the EBCM itself. I should be replacing it sometime next week.

04 GMC Sierra Z71, 5.3, Magnaflow cat-back, BlackBear Tune, 6HI mod, esky handles...

EBCM did fix the problem

That code indicates a faulty EBCM (ABS module), very common problem, I had the same issue with my own truck and had seen many cases on my years as a chevy tech, a new module runs for about $800 and up to $1200, however there are many rebuilders out there, I highly reccomend www.glezebcmclusterrebuild.com, I have personally used them many times and their service is far superior than others, you should give em a call. the full link is: https://sites.google.com/site/glezeb...class-schedule