If you are not able to login to the forum, please Contact Us here to let us know. Thanks!

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

EIGHT jl 12w0's

This is a discussion on EIGHT jl 12w0's within the Audio/Video Electronics forums, part of the General Discussion category; just thought some of you guys would appreciate this, one of my co workers drives an 03 dodge neon and ...

"the kid"

EIGHT jl 12w0's

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    just thought some of you guys would appreciate this, one of my co workers drives an 03 dodge neon and he just put EIGHT yes that is one more than seven and twice as many as four
    EIGHT JL audio 12w0 subs in it

enjoy

1993 Silverado rcsb, hho injected, cold air, ceramic coated shorty headers, true duals into dynomax ultra-flow x, 2200 stall, shift kit, etc.
    1990 geo el cametro

fortplainman

Re: EIGHT jl 12w0's

blueberry yum yum

A few years ago, we installed 8 JL 15W3s in an extended cab F-150 run off of 4 JL 500/1. Unfortunately it never got painted, but it was LOUD!

"the kid"

that thing is serious . . . how did you keep windows in it?
    1993 Silverado rcsb, hho injected, cold air, ceramic coated shorty headers, true duals into dynomax ultra-flow x, 2200 stall, shift kit, etc.
    1990 geo el cametro

They wanted to come out...you could watch them flex. But it did cause the sheetmetal at the edge of the door to start tearing...above the latch where it was forcing the top of the door out.

Ive tossed around the idea of doing 12 jl 8s..... exact opposite numbers of what he has :P

No its not stock height!
    1998 GMC "TOY"
    2005 Chevy 2500HD "DAILY"

"the kid"

i was thinking of doing a wall of a few 8w3's behind my seat . . . but i dont have 3 grand to spend on stereo equipment
    1990 geo el cametro

Yeah, 8-12's would be cool...hell, 8 of anything would be cool as long as you have the power to push them. I saw a guy at a show once that had 4 Punch HX2 8s in a single cab toyota that sounded like 4 12's. That thing was obnoxious!

I personally am more of a sq guy though so 8 of anything seems retarded even though i want it

No its not stock height!
    1998 GMC "TOY"
    2005 Chevy 2500HD "DAILY"

1999 Z71 w/ system thumpintruckred's Avatar

Maybe its the camera, but the cutoff freq sounds like doo-doo. before the heavy bass, sounds like ludacris is talking and u can hear all that higher-midbass thru the woofer.

"the kid"

its a blackberry video. but no it sounds badass in the car all the highs and mids are matched with the amount of bass and it all blends in perfectly. the whole car is dynamatted (spelling?) and all the door speakers and the kick panel speakers are jl top of the line stuff. i dont know much about sound systems but this one is done right and sounds GOOD
    that and the fact that the windshield and all other exterior panels do the wave when he turns it up is pretty sweet
    1990 geo el cametro

Thats a lot of subs

"the kid"

as a joke today i got lunch for the crew at subway and i told the guy with this car i just bought 8 12 inch subs (five dollar footlongs) and a few amps (energy drinks)
    1990 geo el cametro