GM Inside - Ford Inside - Ford Ranger - Jeep - American Muscle

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

93 chevy radio no sound

This is a discussion on 93 chevy radio no sound within the Audio/Video Electronics forums, part of the General Discussion category; In my truck the radio has been cutting off after a min of it being on then sometimes it will ...

93 chevy radio no sound

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    In my truck the radio has been cutting off after a min of it being on then sometimes it will stay on. today it started popping really bad then stopped working. i have all new speakers beacause last time it was doing this that was the problem. anyone have any ideas?

Re: 93 chevy radio no sound

Bump

Fast Driver, Slow Truck

Is this the stock HU and when your radio shuts off do you also experience problems with interior lights? if so could be just a simple fuse.

Yes stock hu and no it just stops and thats it.

Stock hu in my olds used to do that, it had a bad connection on one of the circuit boards, if I smacked the bottom of the dash in the right way it would come back on for a while lol. I would recommend getting an aftermarket hu, you'll be happy you did, you'll benefit from 20 years of research & you'll most likely gain things like mp3 & cd playback. Plus now even some of the bargain hu's come with usb support to plug in flash drives & play mp3s off of them. But if a new (or ebay/cl if you just want something cheap) isn't in the budget you might try getting another controller box out of a junkyard truck & seeing if that fixes it.
    78 Camaro - ?03k||88 MCSS - tired 305|built 2004R|G80 GT4|197k||92 Camaro RS - LT1|700R4|2.73|139k
    88 K2500 Scottsdale RCLB - knocking L05|HM290|G80 GT4|posi-lok|300k+
    97 K3500 Silverado RCLB - L29|4L80E|0411|LS6 injectors|G80 GT5|220k & counting

BHB

Disconnect your rear speaker plug at the amp unit above the gas pedal and see if it stops. if not disconnect the front speaker plug. that will at least narrow it down to if you have a grounded speaker wire somewhere. if thats the problem at least you the know where to start looking. more than likely it will be the rear.
    Last edited by BHB; 01-03-2013 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Angry
    Hey ****face, (yes I am violating the rules and flaming you, whaah)

Well i want a new head unit but am waitingt till new paint job is done cause i will be getting an alarm. I wont put one in my truck now considering you can open door with a freaking flat head lol and BHB would one bad ground make all the speakers quit?

BHB

It could pull the whole unit down, but more than likely it would be one side or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Angry
    Hey ****face, (yes I am violating the rules and flaming you, whaah)