If you are not able to login to the forum, please Contact Us here to let us know. Thanks!

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

77 C10 Column Floor shift Conversion

This is a discussion on 77 C10 Column Floor shift Conversion within the C10 Forum forums, part of the General Discussion category; I'd like to convert my 3 on tree rig to a floor shifter. Any advice, I can't find any info ...

77 C10 Column Floor shift Conversion

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    I'd like to convert my 3 on tree rig to a floor shifter.
    Any advice, I can't find any info on this, I'm nt even sure whick kit to buy. does the Hurst Indy work ok?

Re: 77 C10 Column Floor shift Conversion

The Hurst Indy Pick-Up shifter kit might work fine, at least according to Jeg's it will: http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...45821_-1_10523

There's also the Hurst Mastershift, it's more expensive than the Indy but I'm not sure how much better it actually is.
    The more I drink, the more I drink, the more I drink...
    diesel, RCLB, 4 across the rear, wooden stakes, and lotsa lights

Most anything I do I use a Locar or Gennie which are a bit longer than the B&M ,Hurst etc so taste is the big issue as they all shift .
    Have A Kind Day
    Mike
    Last edited by Chuggernaut; 03-17-2007 at 09:36 AM.

Crazed Biker, I'm in the process of converting my 84 C10 back to a column shift from an automatic and would be interested in purchasing your linkage if you wanted to sell it. If so, drop me a note and let me know how I can get in touch with you and work the details. Thanks.

Lawman, at least in the Ford world a "three on the tree" is actually a 3spd manual tranny with a shifter on the steering column, which requires different linkage than a 3spd automatic transmision. My truck used to be a "three on the tree" setup which has been converted to a TH350 tranny and a Megashifter slapstick, so I can tell you that only one lever is needed at the base of the steering column in order to shift a 3spd auto tranny, however the "three on the tree" has two. You might be able to rig-up the linkage for the auto tranny to one of these levers, but linkage will probably not work quite right.
    The more I drink, the more I drink, the more I drink...
    diesel, RCLB, 4 across the rear, wooden stakes, and lotsa lights

Ivan D., You are correct and reading back over my post I guess I wasn't clear. The truck originally had the "three on the tree" shifter and manual tranny. several years ago I converted it to a 700R4. I'm currently in the process of going back to the manual tranny as I'm rebuilding it and think the manual column shift set up sets it apart from others. However, when I started, I had no idea it would be as difficult to find the linkage as it has been or maybe I'm just not looking in the right places. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.