***Login to the Forum here ***

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

82 CHEVY 1Ton CC 6.2 wanting swap a 5.9 CUMMINS Looking for ENGINE MOUNTS for 2WD ??

This is a discussion on 82 CHEVY 1Ton CC 6.2 wanting swap a 5.9 CUMMINS Looking for ENGINE MOUNTS for 2WD ?? within the Engine Swaps forums, part of the Duramax Forum category; I'm NEW to this Forum. I have a Pretty Nice 82 CHEVY 1Ton 6.2 Diesel, That I would like to ...

82 CHEVY 1Ton CC 6.2 wanting swap a 5.9 CUMMINS Looking for ENGINE MOUNTS for 2WD ??

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    I'm NEW to this Forum.

I have a Pretty Nice 82 CHEVY 1Ton 6.2 Diesel, That I would like to put a 5.9 Cummins in with a 5/6 spd Manual trans.

Does anyone have a diagram/ pattern of some mounts that will work for a 82 Chevy 1ton Frame ?

Wanting to put a 94-97 5.9 with a P-Pump.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thx,

Last edited by just-j; 10-02-2010 at 06:59 PM.

Re: 82 CHEVY 1Ton CC 6.2 wanting swap a 5.9 CUMMINS Looking for ENGINE MOUNTS for 2W

do a search for ford cummins i think the site is fordcummins.com they have motor mounts for chevy cummins swap. if you want to be cool use a 10 or 13 speed behind it would be easy in a 2 wd. good luck

Re: 82 CHEVY 1Ton CC 6.2 wanting swap a 5.9 CUMMINS Looking for ENGINE MOUNTS for 2W

does your truck have a manual trans already. I am asking because i am looking for a manual trans flywheel for a 6.2

No room for my brilliance Honey Bear's Avatar

Good looking truck

Quote Originally Posted by GreaseDog View Post
    you're a big paul bunyan lookin mutha fvcka.. i'd be scared to tell you not to pee in the middle of the back yard and not to leave your beer cans in the shower

Man this is a good looking truck! I am so jealous of all you guys out west where you can still get an older chevy/ford/jeep/anything that is not full of rust holes or bondo. Go through with the swap, this truck deserves it. here is a vid of a 10 speed chevy cummins, if you have not already seen it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CG0Yx3cmsc
    http://http://www.fullsizechevy.com/...ry-gitter.html91 scsb-rebuilt 355-vortec heads- xtreme energy cam-BB tbi-ebay headers-2.5 in duals-self built 700r4-tci clutches-self tuned with ebl

Hi There My truck does have a Manual trans
    I'm re-thinking about keeping the 6.2 diesel set-up find a later model 6.2 (93) rebuild and add a turbo with a nv4500 trans ??

The 5.9 Cummins is a lil pricey right now for me.

Hey ....Thanks for the Compliment.

I'm pretty happy with the Truck..... I get asked almost every week ....to sell it.

Hello

It's with a sad heart .....I'm selling my 82 Chevy Crew Cab.

Things have popped up where I need to sell it.

I have it listed on Ebay now item # 220835202948

Thanks for looking.

It's a Good Truck that's killing me to sell.

auto world in montana or destroked.
    I need a longer driveway.

Quote Originally Posted by just-j View Post
    Hello

It's with a sad heart .....I'm selling my 82 Chevy Crew Cab.

Things have popped up where I need to sell it.

I have it listed on Ebay now item # 220835202948

Thanks for looking.

It's a Good Truck that's killing me to sell.
    any update /replacement?