GM Inside - Ford Inside - Ford Ranger - Jeep - American Muscle

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

How Much does a paint job cost??

This is a discussion on How Much does a paint job cost?? within the Exterior Tech forums, part of the General Discussion category; im looking to paint my 97 tahoe black. It was metallic green but some drunk guy hit me head on ...

Welcom To The Jungle!! AuntJanny's Avatar

How Much does a paint job cost??

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    im looking to paint my 97 tahoe black. It was metallic green but some drunk guy hit me head on and almost totaled my truck but i rebuilt it instead of junking it. About how much would a good paint job cost for my truck??

thanks
    WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE

white and nerdy

Re: How Much does a paint job cost??

For a good overall paintjob, especially a color change where they have to paint things like doorjambs I'd say somewhere in the neighborhood of $3500 out the door. Its real hard to say without knowing the exact condition of the truck, whos painting it, how much they charge / hour, and what supplies they use.
    2002 Tahoe
    le malibu

Currently seeking - suburban

haha I am in the same situation (well I just want to get a new paint job)... I was quoted anywhere from $4500 to $12000 (I went to a custom paint place where the guy kept going on about how I should get flames, and everything). But I live in Alaska and the demand for this kind of work isn't really as big, and it's not like I have a lot of choices to pick from so basically they can make their own price. Anyways long story short I'll agree with codeman on around 3500 and up

Oh by the way... "What'd the five fingers say to the face? SMACK!!!" "I'm Rick James Bitch"
    Grunmn

I got a price of $3000 to repaint my truck the factory color . That was including shaving the tailgate handle ,welding in the rollpan and removing doorhandles,moldings,the bed etc. I wish I would have had the cash to to that at the time .
    Check out my truck in the July 09 Sport Truck Magazine in the home grown haulers section

If your looking to have an air bag suspension done dont use Joe Sulpy Customs in Ledgewood,NJ

Quote Originally Posted by ynot
    I got a price of $3000 to repaint my truck the factory color . That was including shaving the tailgate handle ,welding in the rollpan and removing doorhandles,moldings,the bed etc. I wish I would have had the cash to to that at the time .
    That's a fair price for all that work

click signature for pics
    90 454ss
    92 454ss
    08 Avalanche

I wish people were like slinkys, fun to play with but when I get bored I can push them down the stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by 454ss
    That's a fair price for all that work

That's a KILLER price for all that work. I wish I could find a deal like that!

To mod, or not to mod, there really is no question!

I'm hoping he'll still give me that deal when it's time. Even my parents said that was a really good price .
    Check out my truck in the July 09 Sport Truck Magazine in the home grown haulers section

If your looking to have an air bag suspension done dont use Joe Sulpy Customs in Ledgewood,NJ

i would say around 3 to 4 grand maybe more if you want it ina custom color if you are changing the color you also need to have all the jams painted to match good luck hey ynot that is one hell of a deal

"Never compare money to wealth

$199.99 at maaco
    Quote Originally Posted by demon
    i'm sure there's forums full of like-minded people that would enjoy reading your nonsense. please feel free to spew your stupidity there from now on
    2005 gmc "work truck" (no really its my company truck)

Back From The Dark Side Scary_Mug's Avatar

3500 freakin bucks for paint??? holy hell
    -Big D...the Anti-Prep

Preps

"I Wanna Get Some Gasoline, And Burn Her House Down" -Seether

Quote Originally Posted by Scary_Mug
    3500 freakin bucks for paint??? holy hell
    You do understand that painting a car is an entire process right? Depending on where you go, there are several processes that need to be done to just prep the vehicle for paint. Like mentioned above...Maaco charges like a few hundred, but you need to have the vehicle ready, they dont sand or prep the vehicle, plus they just mask off the windows and wheels and paint. Whereas a quality shop will remove wheels and windows, and even paint the panels separately. Much more time and attention put into it than just blasting the paint on.
    **My Little Roots Rocka**

UNDER CONSTRUCTION.......

ya price of paint sucks!!!!!! thats why im going with a solid paint only.... i bought some factory match paint for my old 96jimmy to paint the front end and 1quart of basecoat and clear coat still costs me 250bucks give or take cannt be for sure right now. but i can get some other paint from kirker for 50bucks for a gallon of paint now it aint stock!!!!!!! and its only a single process so base/clear. i went with this because its gonna be easy to touch up road chips and i just gotta lightly sand it and buff it to a nice shine!!!!!!
    97 C1500 Extended cab 3rd door 5.7, 4/6 djm drop, 30bar billet grill

need any OBS parts and some NBS parts PM me. im a junk yard whore and go all the time.
    tho please small parts for shipping

John Mother F***** Wayne the_duke's Avatar

hmmmm...how much would a flamed paint job, leaving the blue underneather and going with silver flames, with pinstripping, airbrushing skulls, etc. probably $1000 for everything. but then again, the painter is my brother and i only have to buy paint and supplies. lol.

J.W.
    2005 Chevy Equinox
    1989 Chevy ECSB

Yeah its Bare Metal BISH! airhead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the_customizer
    hmmmm...how much would a flamed paint job, leaving the blue underneather and going with silver flames, with pinstripping, airbrushing skulls, etc. probably $1000 for everything. but then again, the painter is my brother and i only have to buy paint and supplies. lol.

J.W.
    Sounds like you are going to copy my truck?

2000 Escarado,4.8 5 speed, Deville Tail Lights,Shaved everything.,Kp Canti 4 link,EDC,16 Gallons.TR224 Cam, Lpp Long tubes.
    2006 2500HD Duramax 4x4,CCSB,PPE HOT +2 ET,4" turbo back straight piped!

John Mother F***** Wayne the_duke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by airhead
    dumm....no i'm not copying your truck. i don't like the esky front clips, overplayed on obs. plus, i'm doing a double dose of flames so you're not going to get me there, nor am i two toning my truck. if i had photoshop, i'd show you what my truck is going to look like, but i don't have those captilibities.

J.W.
    2005 Chevy Equinox
    1989 Chevy ECSB

Jer

Quote Originally Posted by the_customizer

J.W.

Quote Originally Posted by airhead
    i didnt read anything about a decal in that:LOL:
    "In our darkest hour...we look to the sky. With a silent prayer...BELIEVE God's on our side. In the land where FREEDOM reigns...and where eagles fly."

They are not cheap..I paid ~3K for the Mustang paint and 2,500 for the s-10 paintjob. They are full paint jobs with door jambs and all..

-Smoke
    2008 GMC Sierra - 5.3L, 6" lift, 35" Nittos, K&N CAI, Rhino Liner

1990 Mustang GT- 347 Stroker, Nitrous, full suspension and lots more

1995 Chevy S-10 - 406 SBC, 400 Turbo, Dual tunnel ram, Dart 215 Pro1 heads, Nitrous, full tub, 9in rearend

here where i live full color changes are probebly around 2200 and its good quality work.show worthy

ill have my truck painted (complete color change, jambs, under the hood, etc.) with Hok paint for less than $1500 including bodywork and shaving a few things. it's nice having a friend who paints for a living

read my post lower about the prices a local delaer wants for my paint

No its not stock height!
    1998 GMC "TOY"
    2005 Chevy 2500HD "DAILY"