***Login to the Forum here ***

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

Will 8 lug off a Dodge fit 8 lug GMC?????

This is a discussion on Will 8 lug off a Dodge fit 8 lug GMC????? within the Exterior Tech forums, part of the General Discussion category; I have found a great deal on some 8 lug American Racing rims but don't know if they will fit. ...

Will 8 lug off a Dodge fit 8 lug GMC?????

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    I have found a great deal on some 8 lug American Racing rims but don't know if they will fit. They came off of a 3/4ton Dodge. I have a 3/4 ton OBS GMC K2500. Is the bolt pattern the same?

Also, it had 295/75-R16 on the rims. Would this rim be capable of running my stock tire size of 245/70-R16? Or what would be the closest tire I could run on that wheel?

They look like these rims: http://www.americanracing.com/wheels...shed&section=S

Thanks for all the help. These would really help the look of my truck.
    Anthart
    '99 GMC 2500
    7.4L 4x4 OBS
    Ext. Cab / Short Bed
    True Dual Exhaust w/ 2 Flowmaster Series 40 Mufflers
    Mark VIII electric fan with DCControls FK50P controller

Re: Will 8 lug off a Dodge fit 8 lug GMC?????

The bolt pattern is the same for all 8 lugs, but the offset and backspacing my be an issue. If the wheel has an 8" wide rim, then you could squeeze the old tires on, but it wouldn't look that great. If the wheel is any wider than that, then probably not. What tire size you could run also depends on what you want to do with the truck. If you don't mind running a larger tire, you could step it up from your 245x75x16's (about 30.5") and run some 265x75x16's (about 31.5") or possibly some 285x75x16's (about 33") with a little cranking and trimming. If you want something more street-only friendly or somewhat stock sized then go with something like a 265x70x16 (about 30.5") or maybe a 275x70x16 (about 31").

Tom
    2001 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 - beater of the highest caliber
    2001 Pontiac Bonneville SE - the old-man-mobile
    1995 Ford Explorer - the other beater

Not to piss anyone off but not all 8 lugs are the same, gm and dodge are the same but ford is different. the tires will fit on the wheels but if the wheel is to wide the tires gonna bubble out or if the wheel isn't wide enough it will look like an inner tube. However id have to agree with the offset dodge tends to be a little higher offset then GM. All the american racing atlas wheels will fit the GM as far as the offset goes. hope this doesn't piss you off squirrelmaster and i hope this answers your question anthart. I own a wheel and tire shop thats how i know these things if you all have any more question hit me up.

Quote Originally Posted by 96seirra
    Not to piss anyone off but not all 8 lugs are the same, gm and dodge are the same but ford is different. the tires will fit on the wheels but if the wheel is to wide the tires gonna bubble out or if the wheel isn't wide enough it will look like an inner tube. However id have to agree with the offset dodge tends to be a little higher offset then GM. All the american racing atlas wheels will fit the GM as far as the offset goes. hope this doesn't piss you off squirrelmaster and i hope this answers your question anthart. I own a wheel and tire shop thats how i know these things if you all have any more question hit me up.
    I have no idea why that would piss me off

However, you are correct and wrong at the same time. Up until I believe '98 all of the 8-lugs (Ford, GM, Dodge) were the same - 8 on 6.5. You are correct that Ford had switched to 8 on 170mm (8 on 6.7 roughly) from '99 on. But since Ford has nothing to do with his question, I didn't bother to bring it up until it had some relevance, so I guess it's my fault for being vague.

Tom
    2001 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 - beater of the highest caliber
    2001 Pontiac Bonneville SE - the old-man-mobile
    1995 Ford Explorer - the other beater