If you are not able to login to the forum, please Contact Us here to let us know. Thanks!

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

Escalade Conversion

This is a discussion on Escalade Conversion within the Exterior Tech forums, part of the General Discussion category; I have a 91 scottsdale 2wd. i want to convert the front end to a 99-01 escalade. i have searched ...

Question Escalade Conversion

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    I have a 91 scottsdale 2wd. i want to convert the front end to a 99-01 escalade. i have searched and found bolt on kits made by mertek. my question is, can i just piece together the kit myself using oem parts or used parts? i have access to the parts through my uncles collision shop. parts would be cheaper wholesale, but will they bolt right on? i've seen alot of these conversion. but i dont know if the mertek kits have been pre-modified to make it bolt on.
    1991 chevy scottsdale c1500 2wd 4.3L V6. 22's 255/35/22 toyo proxes. DJM spindles, Slam bags, FBI bolt on 4-link, 12g tank, 1/2 valves and lines, dual viar 480 compressors.

I Hate You All, Equally.

Re: Escalade Conversion

it fits but you will need some speific items, like the rad support and the bumper stuff (rebar and filler) do a search on this site and i think their is a DIY on this exact conversion.

1983 Jimmy Sierra Classic-Future LSX Swap Recipient
    2002 Silverado 2500HD CCSB LT-Daily Driver
    1995 Corsica-Super-Sleeper in Progress

i have a full list of all the parts i need. im just not sure if oem will fit or do the companys that sell these kits, modify the parts before selling. i just want to know what im getting into before i start ordering from my list. for instance brackets: i'd rather make my own than oder someone elses. but if parts are oem id spend the money
    1991 chevy scottsdale c1500 2wd 4.3L V6. 22's 255/35/22 toyo proxes. DJM spindles, Slam bags, FBI bolt on 4-link, 12g tank, 1/2 valves and lines, dual viar 480 compressors.

I Hate You All, Equally.

You can complete the swap with all OEM parts. But even when you replace OEM sheetmetal like fenders, your gonna have to do alot of lining up and shimming to get it to fit perfect. But if you have the parts list, that is all that is needed to complete the swap.

1983 Jimmy Sierra Classic-Future LSX Swap Recipient
    2002 Silverado 2500HD CCSB LT-Daily Driver
    1995 Corsica-Super-Sleeper in Progress

ya the kits the company sells are the same, they dont modify them to fit - they should already fit

You will have to shave all of the cladding holes in the oem fenders the kit doesn't have the holes in the fenders. Other than that everything is bolt on.
    02 Camaro SS 35th LE M6 SOLD

07 TBSS 2WD Full boltons FOR SALE

96 Chevy Silverado Reg. Cab Stepside SOLD

67 Camaro RS/SS Resto-Mod Project

72 Cheyenne Super Resto-Mod Project