If you are not able to login to the forum, please Contact Us here to let us know. Thanks!

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

Finding Cab Clearance lights for Silverado

This is a discussion on Finding Cab Clearance lights for Silverado within the Exterior Tech forums, part of the General Discussion category; I am trying to find some cab clearance lights for my 2000 model, 1500 chevy silverado.. I know there are ...

Wink Finding Cab Clearance lights for Silverado

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    I am trying to find some cab clearance lights for my 2000 model, 1500 chevy silverado.. I know there are many styles to choose from, but I would like to ask the experts.. Yellow/Amber lights would be good.. I am mainly confused on what style to get, and if I will be able to install them, seeing as the truck didn't come with them. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

Re: Finding Cab Clearance lights for Silverado

I just went to the Junkyard and got a set of stockers off a 1 ton dually, was after the light for under the tailgate but someone beat me to it. Installing them is easy, hardest part is dropping the front of the headliner for the wiring. I was allowed to go into the yard and pull them off myself, So while i was there i measured them for layout also. Layed them out on my roof and drilled the holes. That first one hurt! Wired them up, ran the wire down the b pillar and tapped into the trailer wiring plugs under the dash.
    04 GMC Sierra. Ford keys, blocks and 3 inch body lift. American Racing thugs, 35x12.50 Mud grapplers Tow mirrors, Hids 5% tint

Oh yeah I forgot.. You can just wire them into the trailer wiring, I feel stupid now :/. Now that I got that part down, it's time for the hard part-finding a good pair of lights.. What is a good price range? $30-80?

i personally like the 3 piece design.
    i have the smoked 3 piece design on my 1500 z71 with amber leds
    I love them
    truck is in my sig
    NEW 2004 Sierra D-MAX

That's one nice looking truck lol. Yeah, I like the look of amber lights to. Are they easy to install? I know you have to drill a hole in the roof(not looking forward to that), but is the overall wiring of the lights easy?

yeah i made my own harness out of a 16 gauge wire about 4 feet long. if you want to PM me i can make you up a list of how i put mine togther. And oh yeah, i had to drill 13 holes in my roof haha it was worth it though.

and thanks!
    Last edited by brettj2408; 05-07-2010 at 06:15 AM.
    NEW 2004 Sierra D-MAX