GM Inside - Ford Inside - Ford Ranger - Jeep - American Muscle

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

Making a 94-98 grille fit a 92

This is a discussion on Making a 94-98 grille fit a 92 within the Exterior Tech forums, part of the General Discussion category; I recently installed a 98 grille on my 92 Chevy SWB. The problem I am having is with the lower ...

Making a 94-98 grille fit a 92

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    I recently installed a 98 grille on my 92 Chevy SWB. The problem I am having is with the lower mounting points and the bumper filler panel. First of all, the grille will not bolt up to any of the bottom mounting holes on my truck, or the one right behind the Chevy emblem. Second, neither the 92 or the 98 filler panel fits. Has anyone else had this issue and please tell me what you did to solve it. Also looking for new headlights, blinkers, and corner markers. Any suggestions on a brand that will fit like stock. I am wanting to paint the truck Hot Rod Satin Black in the future so blackouts would be nice. Thanks in advance guys. I'm a newb and you guys have a great thing going here.

Re: Making a 94-98 grille fit a 92

I haven't had that problem, but I've had my 97 grill off enough in the past few days that if you post a few pics of the problem areas, I'm sure we could come up with something. I see you're from Hartselle. Is that AL or somewhere else?
    97 ECSB with 256,00 and counting on a 5.7

Did you change the inner bumper brackets? You have to change them to the '94 up ones. Then you use the '94 up filler panels. I don't know about any grille mounting bolts not lining up. For lights, look into TYC Elegante headlights and parking lights. I have them on my truck, along with Anzo clear corners. They are clear, don't think they (TYC) make smoked/tinted ones, but I could be wrong.
    1990 RCSB 355/700R4 4/6 drop all DJM 15x8 Cragar V5's 255/60R15 BF Goodrich Radial T/A's
    My Garage my build thread

Welcome to the site!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xander Berkeley
    I'd better make hay while the sun shines.

Yes that's AL. I don't have the grille off right now so i can't take any pics. I didn't know about the bumper brackets, that will probably solve my problem. Thanks guys.

Welcome to the site. I replaced the grille on my 93 with a 98. The lower filler was a complete abortion for me. Did not line up at all, still sitting in my garage. Everything else bolted right up.
    1997 ECSB (third door) Silverado - 5.7 Vortec, 3.73 gears, Kenwood CD player
    Sold: 1993 ECSB Silverado - 5.7 TBI, 3.42 gears, 3" Body lift, 2" Cowl hood, 285/75/16 BFG All terrains, Alpine CD player, auto start