If you are not able to login to the forum, please Contact Us here to let us know. Thanks!

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

Removing 2 piece center console in 02 Tahoe

This is a discussion on Removing 2 piece center console in 02 Tahoe within the Interior Tech forums, part of the General Discussion category; Hey guys, I cant for the life of me figure out how to remove the ENTIRE 2 piece console from ...

Removing 2 piece center console in 02 Tahoe

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    Hey guys, I cant for the life of me figure out how to remove the ENTIRE 2 piece console from my Tahoe.

I know the seats need to come out, Ive been there before. Whats after that?!

This is my exact console:

Thanks for deleting absolutely everything from my sig. You asked me to do it, I didnt comply at 4am, so my entire sig was deleted...cool.

None...none more black BackinBlack's Avatar

Re: Removing 2 piece center console in 02 Tahoe

Pull firmly on the cupholder and disconnect the main console body from the extension. Then remove the cover around the cd compartment/slave unit. (two screws, and then pull firmly.) Finally, there are two screws that attach the extension to the dash. Pull them and you're done. Good Luck.

Edit...you can also remove it without taking the seats out. remove the screws inside the console compartment, and the screws hidden by the rear cupholders.
    Last edited by BackinBlack; 05-19-2005 at 12:23 PM.

Re: Removing 2 piece center console in 02 Tahoe

Quote Originally Posted by BackinBlack
    Pull firmly on the cupholder and disconnect the main console body from the extension. Then remove the cover around the cd compartment/slave unit. (two screws, and then pull firmly.) Finally, there are two screws that attach the extension to the dash. Pull them and you're done. Good Luck.

Edit...you can also remove it without taking the seats out. remove the screws inside the console compartment, and the screws hidden by the rear cupholders.

Ah, nice. Thanks!

I actually want to remove the seats again anyways, throw down some sound deadener while Im in there.
    Thanks for deleting absolutely everything from my sig. You asked me to do it, I didnt comply at 4am, so my entire sig was deleted...cool.