If you are not able to login to the forum, please Contact Us here to let us know. Thanks!

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

How do I fix Bkt Seat that keeps falling backwards

This is a discussion on How do I fix Bkt Seat that keeps falling backwards within the Interior Tech forums, part of the General Discussion category; I have a '94 Chevy 1500 Silverardo. The driver side bucket seat will not stay upright, it keeps falling back. ...

How do I fix Bkt Seat that keeps falling backwards

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    I have a '94 Chevy 1500 Silverardo. The driver side bucket seat will not stay upright, it keeps falling back. If I pull off the plastic cover on the lower part of the seat, it has some type of assembly that looks warn out. I put in a larger bolt, and this worked for awhile. I was wondering is there a kit or replacement part to keep the seat from falling backwards? I'm not even sure what that part is called. But, it keeps the seat from falling backwards. The bucket seat is in great shape, so I don't want to have to buy a new one, if I can just buy a part to fix the seat. It's one of the maroon colored seats if anyone has one, just in case.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Victor

Re: How do I fix Bkt Seat that keeps falling backwards

Undo the bolts holding the seat in, take it out of the truck, push it backwards until you feel the ratchet engage, put it back, adjust back to comfortable position, never touch adjuster lever again.
    I need a pic...
    98 z71 ext cab, 5.7L

Hey thanks for the reply. The bolts and everything that makes up the adjuster lever is stripped, or almost fully stripped. Is there a kit I can get to replace this part? Again, I appreciate any help.

Victor

I welded mine shut with a mig in my 93. Scared the hell outta me cruising around one day and "flop" back I went @ 50mph. If anyone needed to get in the back seat they got in the passenger side.

I had the same thing happin in both of my 97's it's from pulling the seat foreward release handle and letting the seat fling foreward,funny thing was the 2wd silvy was a conversion truck with flexsteel seats I found a part number and contacted them for a replacement, on my Z71 it had the same problem but had diferent seats 60/40, I contacted a member on here who deals in used parts who had a replacement he even posted a pic of the part to make sure it was the right part.
    it's an easy fix but it's in a tight spot you of course you have to peel the seat cover away and then unbolt the bracket/hinge and dont forget the cable going to the front of the seat. then carefully take it out and replace with the "new" one
    I would post something in the wanted section for one someone is bound to have one out of a junk seat,
    btw I think I paid @50 shipped for the one from flex steel and only 20 or so for the other one,
    I'll see if I can find the guys name on here I got mine from.
    Last edited by Pyrite Z; 12-09-2006 at 08:18 PM.

02 SILVERADO mine/01 SUBURBAN hers