***Login to the Forum here ***

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How to: Turn off headlights on NBS

This is a discussion on How to: Turn off headlights on NBS within the Interior Tech forums, part of the General Discussion category; Ive seen before some people asy you cant turn the headlights off on the NBS trucks when its running..just click ...

6.0 swap starting.. Nickleahy23's Avatar

How to: Turn off headlights on NBS

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    Ive seen before some people asy you cant turn the headlights off on the NBS trucks when its running..just click the dome override button a few times and they go off..not sure if anyone said it but I just figured it out..so there you go

2000 Tahoe
    24" Boss 330, 295/35/24 Nittos , 3/5 drop

6.0 LQ4 swap, BB 93, Magnaflow, e-fans, CAI, Built 4l65e, Yank TT3000 Stall

18" BTL w/ Kicker 2500.1 2703 watts,Optimas,Pioneer 4100 DD, Esky Cluster

Re: How to: Turn off headlights on NBS

I just turn mine to off?
    Black 2006 ECSB Silverado LT2 4x4

Formerly inside your MOM. RoLL1n D4rK's Avatar
    B1ow1n B1aCk Sm0k3 ThRoUgH MeMpHiS, T3NaK3y

Quote Originally Posted by dags
    I just turn mine to off?
    yeah its only for the 99-02
    02 DMAX!!!!!! 6" fabtech kit on 315/75/16's AFE intake and 4" straight pipe

ya i just realized that..idk i was just suprised when i was clicking it tonight and my lights went off lol

2000 Tahoe

Yeah and if your headlights are off say during the daylight hours, pushing it three times turns off your daytime running lights.

2001 Z71 ecsb -Sunset Orange-
    2002 Tahoe

which would explain why my DRL's havent been working lol..damn

2000 Tahoe

yeah I had one burnt out for a while and I kept shutting them off because it always bugs me to see someone driving with lights burnt out(like they don't care enough about the vehicle).

2002 Tahoe

Quote Originally Posted by Trolin
    yeah I had one burnt out for a while and I kept shutting them off because it always bugs me to see someone driving with lights burnt out(like they don't care enough about the vehicle).
    same here..it bugs the **** outa me lol..i had one out so I bought some LEDS that were supposed to imitate the HID color..but they havent worked since i put the bulbs in..I may have hit that button a few times

2000 Tahoe

I put orange bulbs in my DRL, and have TYC projectors for my headlights with a cheap HID kit installed(absolutley awesome compared to stock).

2002 Tahoe

That is only a temporary fix, after you shut off then restart the truck the DRL reset and come back on.

Please support America, buy American products.

Need to find a Dear Abby/Ann Landers forum and go there to talk about trucks

On 1999 Silverado's, the dome override, does not work. To disable headlights at night, add a switch for control. Under the steering column, look for the body control module. Find the purple connector. Locate the white(A6), and grey wire(A4). Not A5. Tap extra wire on A4 and A6. Connect a 1.5k ohm resistor on A4 to switch. Then, connect A6 to switch. Mount switch. Flick switch, to simulate daytime, fooling dash sensor, and to have manual control, of lights, at dark. To return to automatic, flick switch back. This will be very useful at drive-in, where using parking lights are needed.
    Last edited by gm4yrs; 09-28-2008 at 03:22 PM.

Yeeeea :/ Thats Broken dirtrunner21's Avatar

i figured the dome override button trick a few weeks ago.. i was like whoa...hah..but thanks
    2001 Silverado ECSB 2wd, HD front clip Conversion, 6.0L LQ9, 4L60E w/HD2, E-Fan conversion, Blackbear Tune, 37" Toyo's on 17" ATX's, 6" CST+ 3" BL, 4:88 Gears w/ Detroit Locker.

Here's a little trivia for ya, the dome override method won't work on Canadian models,that is Silverado's SOLD(not just built)in Canada. I couldn't figure out why it didn't work on my 2002 Silverado brought to the states when it was a year old. I finally contacted the original dealer in Canada and they told me it was the Law up there. Strange, huh?

My drl's were always burning out, so I just pulled the relay...
    2002 Silverado ECSB 2WD 5.3 4L60E with Raptor Blood, 3.73 G80, Headers, TBS, bypass, air gap, dumped exhuast, 160 thermostat, descreened MAF, Intake, wheatley tune, LS1 fans, Nelson harness, Nothing but Royal Purple, 2" drop shackles... 14's

Quote Originally Posted by gm4yrs
    On 1999 Silverado's, the dome override, does not work. To disable headlights at night, add a switch for control. Under the steering column, look for the body control module. Find the purple connector, unplug. Locate the white(A6),and grey wire(A4).Not A5. Tap extra wire on A4 and A6. Connect a 1.5k ohm resistor on A4 to switch. Mount switch. Flick switch, to simulate daytime, fooling dash sensor, and to have manual control, of lights, at dark. To return to automatic, flick switch back. This will be very useful at drive-in, where using parking lights are needed.
    So there's no way to turn off the head lamps at night without installing a switch or cutting off the engine? I have heard about the dome override button before and wondered why it didn't work on my truck. I thought maybe I just had a bad switch.

Can you replace the switch on a '99 with a '00-up? I'm sure there's probably more to it than that.
    Last edited by GMC Era; 09-28-2008 at 12:47 AM.
    1999 Sierra ECSB, 5.3L, 3.42 Locking Rear, True Flow Filter, Dynomax Super Turbo, Lund Genesis Tri-Fold, Bully Tailgate Lock
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=dayErrpNV2A <-------> www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RT50UUQQg0&feature=user
    Thanks ILD-->

Quote Originally Posted by GMC Era
    So there's no way to turn off the head lamps at night without installing a switch or cutting off the engine? I have heard about the dome override button before and wondered why it didn't work on my truck. I thought maybe I just had a bad switch.

Can you replace the switch on a '99 with a '00-up? I'm sure there's probably more to it than that.
    I'd say get a good wiring diagram and try to make it happen... It'd be a good write-up...
    2002 Silverado ECSB 2WD 5.3 4L60E with Raptor Blood, 3.73 G80, Headers, TBS, bypass, air gap, dumped exhuast, 160 thermostat, descreened MAF, Intake, wheatley tune, LS1 fans, Nelson harness, Nothing but Royal Purple, 2" drop shackles... 14's

Supporting Member

press dome override 4 times for turning off h-lights at night and DRL's at the daytime
    Last edited by ilikedirt; 09-28-2008 at 02:28 AM.

01 Sierra 5.3 - 5/8 - SS 20's | 12 CR-Z

Quote Originally Posted by GMC Era

You can also get a BCM (body control module) from a later 2000, 2001 or 2002, with the headlight override function and door lock options, for the 99 silverado's. I have an aftermarket alarm, with the door lock options, so I just put a switch in, to turn the headlights off.
    Last edited by gm4yrs; 09-28-2008 at 10:41 AM.

the sea hates a coward rebelbowtie's Avatar

if your at the drive in and want to turn them off setting the emergency brake will also turn them off. at least on my 96 burb it did

JoshTheCanadian

Quote Originally Posted by jpgoodnu
    Here's a little trivia for ya, the dome override method won't work on Canadian models,that is Silverado's SOLD(not just built)in Canada. I couldn't figure out why it didn't work on my 2002 Silverado brought to the states when it was a year old. I finally contacted the original dealer in Canada and they told me it was the Law up there. Strange, huh?
    every car from 1995 and up has to have DRL's here, my dads 95 ECSB has them but my 94 RCSB doesn't its sorta funny.
    Last edited by JoshTheCanadian; 09-28-2008 at 02:27 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast