GM Inside - Ford Inside - Ford Ranger - Jeep - American Muscle

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

Suburban 3rd row seat jammed

This is a discussion on Suburban 3rd row seat jammed within the Interior Tech forums, part of the General Discussion category; My son installed 3rd row seat on our 2001 Suburban without securing in drivers side floor latch. Passenger side floor ...

Suburban 3rd row seat jammed

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    My son installed 3rd row seat on our 2001 Suburban without securing in drivers side floor latch. Passenger side floor latch engaged. Unfolded seat to uprihgt position. Now is jammed and cannot remove.

Problem is (1)cannot fold seat in order to (2)unlatch from floor.

Any fix suggestions appreciated.
    Last edited by Duramaxdoc; 10-02-2008 at 09:27 PM.

Soap, Ballot, Ammo

Re: Suburban 3rd row seat jammed

Can not fold seat because A. release lever immobile. B. release lever no longer connected to cable? C. something else.
    If its jammed due to twisting, try putting a lot of downward force on the rear driver latch. If the cable is broke or disconnected, it will have to wait till daylight for me to go investigate on my 3rd row seat. Most likely the torque of one latch out of place is putting a lot of pressure on a mechanism not designed to release under that much pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by xZoomerZx
    Can not fold seat because A. release lever immobile. B. release lever no longer connected to cable? C. something else.
    If its jammed due to twisting, try putting a lot of downward force on the rear driver latch. If the cable is broke or disconnected, it will have to wait till daylight for me to go investigate on my 3rd row seat. Most likely the torque of one latch out of place is putting a lot of pressure on a mechanism not designed to release under that much pressure.
    Thanks for the reply xZoomerZx,

The lever to fold seat, marked #1, does not push all the way up as before being jammed, will try to force Driver side floor latches into floor latch bars this am. Again, Passenger side seat floor latches are have fully engaged the floor latch bars.

Anyone else had same problem????

Soap, Ballot, Ammo

If that doesnt work, you may have to unbolt the latch bars. 2 bolts hold down each side of the 3 latch bars. Send me a PM with an email addy if this is unclear, and I will send you pics of where these bolts are located from the top and bottom.

My 2001 Suburbans 3rd row seat is stuck in the closed position. I can take the seat in and out of the truck no problem but the seat is stuck closed so I can't used the seat. The latch can not be raised at all to allow the backrest to lift up. I tried appling pressure to the seat and I can't get it open. Did you find out the problem with yours?

I still can't get it open. I disconnected a cable and pulled the coble with some channels locks and the cable moves freely; therefore, the cables not broken (as i thought that might have been the problem). I think one of the latch mechanisms is bad. I'm dropping the seat off to an upholstry shop in the next couple weeks.

I'll look at mine tonight, but my third row is split, i wonder if the mechanism is different.
    '05 GMC 2500 HD LLY
    '07 TBSS AWD 3SS
    Quote Originally Posted by BHB View Post
    Ummm...By that, I think that would require sticking my own finger into my "Doug".

My 3rd row is a bench style. By the way it feels, I think the lever/latching mechanism needs replaced because I disengaged the two cables that attach to the mechanism and I still can't get the lever to move.

Quote Originally Posted by Duramaxdoc View Post
    My son installed 3rd row seat on our 2001 Suburban without securing in drivers side floor latch. Passenger side floor latch engaged. Unfolded seat to uprihgt position. Now is jammed and cannot remove.

Problem is (1)cannot fold seat in order to (2)unlatch from floor.

Any fix suggestions appreciated.
    Flip the lever(s) closed - the ones that are not latched . This will allow the mechanism to unlock