GM Inside - Muscle Cars - Jeep

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

possessed heated seat

This is a discussion on possessed heated seat within the Interior Tech forums, part of the General Discussion category; It's a '05 Tahoe Z71 and the driver's seat heater turns on by itself, somewhat annoying. It works fine otherwise ...

PrideoftheAmericanside Roadhouse's Avatar

possessed heated seat

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    It's a '05 Tahoe Z71 and the driver's seat heater turns on by itself, somewhat annoying. It works fine otherwise (turns on/off whenever I push the switch). Anyone have any idea on what's going on with this seat heater that turns on by itself?

Re: possessed heated seat

Anybody?

-2003 Silverado LT
    -2005 Z71 Tahoe
    -1995 Impala SS
    Member since Febuary 2002

Ruggedly Handsome ShortWideVortec's Avatar

I remember my dad had and avalanche with heated seats and there was a recall for the heated seat buttons? not sure though
    1997 RCSB 5.7
    - 17" Boyd Coddington Blasters
    -2/4 Belltech
    -Pacesetter Longtubes
    -LS1 E-fans
    -K&N Intake
    -Wheatley tune
    -14 bolt SF Posi

Thanks man. Anyone else know anything about a recall on the buttons or what to do about the deflicted heat seater?

-2003 Silverado LT
    -2005 Z71 Tahoe
    -1995 Impala SS

i'm pretty sure they'll turn off eventually anyway (similar to rear defrost), at least my dad's avalanche always did. Does it turn off at the same time? Or is it at random?
    96 k2500 Suburban, 454, 4.10's, superchip, k&n, stat, be-cool, buckstop, PIAA, HID, billet grille, tint, Kicker, polk, esky cluster, Bilstein, led swap - SOLD

2011 Silvy, 5.3, almost stock, 35% tint, bed liner,

2010 Silvy, 5.3, bed liner, painted bumpers, smoked tails, black emblems, 25% tint

It just turns on. I'm driving down the road, I notice my butt getting warm , look over at the button and it's on. I just turn it off and it might come back on before I finish my commute.

-2003 Silverado LT
    -2005 Z71 Tahoe
    -1995 Impala SS

Any luck with your seat heater?
    96 k2500 Suburban, 454, 4.10's, superchip, k&n, stat, be-cool, buckstop, PIAA, HID, billet grille, tint, Kicker, polk, esky cluster, Bilstein, led swap - SOLD

2011 Silvy, 5.3, almost stock, 35% tint, bed liner,

2010 Silvy, 5.3, bed liner, painted bumpers, smoked tails, black emblems, 25% tint

Thats going to suck in the summer
    Current Truck: 2003 Silverado 1500 ECSB Z-71, 6in RCD Lift, 3in Body Lift, 17in M/T Wheels, 35in BFG A/T Tires, K&N FIPK Intake, Gibson Exhaust, Hypertec PPIII, Pioneer Navigation, 2 JBL 10in Subs, 92000 miles.

Old Truck: 2001 Silverado 1500 RCSB, Totaled with only 27000 Miles.

Mine just turned on full blast today...by themselves. I've had the seats and memmory module flashed with the latest, so I'm going to bet that it is the driver's door module (window / lock switches).

If anyone know's if reflashing the driver's door module works, or if something needs to be replaced, I'd also like to know.

Thanks,
    Scott
    http://www.scottwardlaw.com/truck

My 03 Yukon just started doing this.. I noticed it happens only during or soon after wet weather or rain.. I think it may have to do with the contacts on door switch getting wet.. Gonna disconnect the 325 connector under seat.. http://www.justanswer.com/questions/...-seat-controls

Quote Originally Posted by Roadhouse View Post
    It just turns on. I'm driving down the road, I notice my butt getting warm , look over at the button and it's on. I just turn it off and it might come back on before I finish my commute.
    Wanna get rid of them z71 badges on your tahoe? They'd look awesome on mine!
    1998 Tahoe - Goodwrench 350 - 3.73 - Ion Alloy 17" - 265 - 5000K HID - Glasspacks - 2.5" AAL - 1.5" crank
    2008 Harley Nightster - Vance & Hines Short Shots - Biltwell Frisco's - Going for the bobber look

Quote Originally Posted by narcorngr View Post
    My 03 Yukon just started doing this.. I noticed it happens only during or soon after wet weather or rain.. I think it may have to do with the contacts on door switch getting wet.. Gonna disconnect the 325 connector under seat.. http://www.justanswer.com/questions/...-seat-controls
    I have a 03 Yukon XL and the exact same problem. I have also noticed that it occurs when there is higher moisture content in the air. I talked to my local GM dealer and the particular part for my truck is $169.00 which would require programming once installed. They also said that they could "reprogram" the switch i have now for $75.00 and that may possibly fix it, possibly. Looks like my ass will be getting warm for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by josh7598 View Post
    I have a 03 Yukon XL and the exact same problem. I have also noticed that it occurs when there is higher moisture content in the air. I talked to my local GM dealer and the particular part for my truck is $169.00 which would require programming once installed. They also said that they could "reprogram" the switch i have now for $75.00 and that may possibly fix it, possibly. Looks like my ass will be getting warm for a while.
    With that kind of expense at hand your ass needs to stay warm and survive the cold out there lol.

I'm betting it's the heated seat switch in the door panel. It plugs into the window switch(module) and should not need reprogrammed if you get a used one. I usually drop them on Ebay when I get a set for 60$. It could be the door module but I do not think that would be it. I'm realy familiar with these seats and all the wiring if you have any questions.
    Need I say More!!!

I've put two switches in mine, I'm betting it's NOT the switch. Same as all the others, comes on by itself usually after a rain or the like. Turns off fine by the button but sometimes will come right back on. I'm tired of buying switches and don't really feel like that is the true culprit.
    Use the code FSC to receive 10% off your next order at www.AdamsPolishes.com

My 05 Suburban is doing this too. Turned it off 13 times in a 5 mile commute! Come to think of it, it was raining at the time. I'm just gonna unplug the damn thing at the seat.

check the plug on the door for corrosion, this happened on ym buddies truck and the plug was badly corrodid

Must be a Democrat seat - keeps blowing hot air up your ass.

Sorry - that wasn't very useful, but I couldn't help it.
    '04 Silverado 1/2 ton 2WD ext. cab dk. grey. 5.3 liter, locking diff. XLerator exhaust - offbrand but throaty. Borgeson intermediate shaft, Bilstein HD shocks.

KJ6LFD

Mr.Bushhog

any updates on fixing problem?