GM Inside - Ford Inside - Ford Ranger - Jeep - American Muscle

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

How to remove leather seat cover to fix heater?

This is a discussion on How to remove leather seat cover to fix heater? within the Interior Tech forums, part of the General Discussion category; Heater has stopped on the driver side of my 2003 Z71. Searched and found I need to remove the leather ...

How to remove leather seat cover to fix heater?

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    Heater has stopped on the driver side of my 2003 Z71. Searched and found I need to remove the leather seat cover to investigate and replace. How does that thing come off? Any gotchyas or straight forward?

Re: How to remove leather seat cover to fix heater?

Go here

http://store.theseatshoponline.com/t-faq.aspx

there are some videos that show how to remove and install leather on the 2003-06 seats.
    1998 Chevrolet Z71, 350 auto
    2003 Chevrolet Tahoe 4x4, 5.3L

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandpa, not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car.

thanks, that was a helpful video!

I'm still unsure of how to address the heating element or troubleshoot it. That website suggests the heating element is in the seat cushion. but I'm not exactly sure what thatmeans. Is it laying on toop? Embedded deep in it? Does fixing a defective seat heater mean replacing the entire cushion? I don't want to pull the seat cover unless I am prepared to resolve whatever I find.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyClifton View Post
    thanks, that was a helpful video!

I'm still unsure of how to address the heating element or troubleshoot it. That website suggests the heating element is in the seat cushion. but I'm not exactly sure what thatmeans. Is it laying on toop? Embedded deep in it? Does fixing a defective seat heater mean replacing the entire cushion? I don't want to pull the seat cover unless I am prepared to resolve whatever I find.
    If you look at Video "1 of 3"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dL1hBnzh-M

the heating element is shown at time 8:00. It's the white "pad" sitting on top of the foam beneath the leather. I would guess that there's a wiring harness connected and that the pad is removable. It's probably very similar to a heating pad or electric blanket--uses strip heat.
    1998 Chevrolet Z71, 350 auto
    2003 Chevrolet Tahoe 4x4, 5.3L

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandpa, not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car.