If you are not able to login to the forum, please Contact Us here to let us know. Thanks!

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

programming driver 1&2 presets without DIC controls...

This is a discussion on programming driver 1&2 presets without DIC controls... within the Interior Tech forums, part of the General Discussion category; I need to know how to do this. I just got my 04 Sierra and i'm trying to figure this ...

hucking fates this server FordeatinZ71's Avatar

programming driver 1&2 presets without DIC controls...

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    I need to know how to do this. I just got my 04 Sierra and i'm trying to figure this out. The owners manual is about as clear as mud. I don't have power seats or the DIC controls on the dash...but I know you can program it because when I use the different keyless remotes it changes the radio presets and all that jazz. So, what I need to know is how to change it and WHAT exactly can I change? Thanks y'all!

2004 GMC Sierra SLE Z71 rcsb, 5.3/4L60E/3.73/G80 time bomb...3" lift, tinted 03+ Silverado tails, plasti-dipped 16" wheels (unknown brand), 285/75/16 Thunderer M/T Extremes, Thrush Welded muffler...

Re: programming driver 1&2 presets without DIC controls...

If your vehicle has this feature, then the controls for the memory function are located on the driver’s door.

These buttons are used to program and recall memory settings for the driver’s seat, both the driver’s and passenger’s outside mirror, and the radio station presets. The settings for these features can be personalized for both driver 1 and driver 2. Driver 1 or driver 2 corresponds to the memory buttons labeled 1 and 2 on the driver’s door.

To store your memory seat, mirrors and radio presets,do the following:

1. Adjust the driver’s seat, including the seatback recliner, lumbar, and side wing area, both of the outside mirrors, and the radio station presets to your preference.

2. Press and hold the 1 or 2 button of the memory control for three seconds, to correspond to driver 1 or 2. A double chime will sound to let you know that the position has been stored.

To repeat the procedure for a second driver, follow the preceding steps, but press the other numbered memory control button. Each time button 1 or 2 is pressed and released while the vehicle is in PARK (P), a single chime will sound and the memory position will be recalled.

This can also be found on page 2-69 of your owner's manual. Contact me if you have further questions.

Tricia, Chevrolet Customer Service.

Well, I don't have the buttons...but using the different key fobs, the presets and what not DO change. So, somehow, its been changed before. I don't have power seats, but I have power mirrors and everything else. A guy at the local dealer said it was all controlled through the radio, but he couldn't remember how...any ideas on this? Thanks for the help

2004 GMC Sierra SLE Z71 rcsb, 5.3/4L60E/3.73/G80 time bomb...3" lift, tinted 03+ Silverado tails, plasti-dipped 16" wheels (unknown brand), 285/75/16 Thunderer M/T Extremes, Thrush Welded muffler...

I have an aftermarket radio but my memory seats and a/c still work the same. So, I dont think its all controlled in the radio. Unless maby the radio is the only thing that changes between the drivers. If that's the case then I assume you just hold down the button you want to assign that station to like normal but you do it for each driver. The only things that change for me are the seat position, a/c settings, and radio presets(with the factory HU).

Quote Originally Posted by FordeatinZ71 View Post
    Well, I don't have the buttons...but using the different key fobs, the presets and what not DO change. So, somehow, its been changed before. I don't have power seats, but I have power mirrors and everything else. A guy at the local dealer said it was all controlled through the radio, but he couldn't remember how...any ideas on this? Thanks for the help
    You do not have the buttons on the driver's door or the buttons on the steering wheel as shown on page 3-55 of your owner's manual? It may be helpful for you to contact me with the last eight of your VIN. This will help me determine what was stock on the vehicle. Thank you.

Tricia, Chevrolet Customer Service.

Pm sent...and no, I have neither of those on my truck...guess I got an oddball...lucky me!

I just purchased a 2003 Tahoe that has no seat memory control or DIC control buttons. But the display reads 'Driver 1' or 'Driver 2' dependingon which key fob is present. Have you learned how to set the memory?

Quote Originally Posted by FordeatinZ71 View Post
    Pm sent...and no, I have neither of those on my truck...guess I got an oddball...lucky me!

Yes. All you have to do is program the radio presets while your on the separate drivers. All you can program is the radio presets. So basically, hit unlock on the #1 key fob...set radio presets. Hit unlock on the #2 key fob...set radio presets. Done!

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx while ignoring traffic

Quote Originally Posted by fordeatinz71 View Post
    yes. All you have to do is program the radio presets while your on the separate drivers. All you can program is the radio presets. So basically, hit unlock on the #1 key fob...set radio presets. Hit unlock on the #2 key fob...set radio presets. Done!

Sent from my droid razr maxx while ignoring traffic
    helpfull info> thanks!!!