***Login to the Forum here ***

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

headlight/key warning buzzer??

This is a discussion on headlight/key warning buzzer?? within the Interior Tech forums, part of the General Discussion category; 1991 Chevrolet Truck. When you leave the lights on with the truck off, or the key in the ignition and ...

headlight/key warning buzzer??

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    1991 Chevrolet Truck.
    When you leave the lights on with the truck off, or the key in the ignition and open the door, you should get a warning buzzer to remind you not to be a dumb [censored]. Since I've had to have a few jumps when trying to leave the airport after a few trips it's obvious I am, and it doesn't work to remind me of that fact.
    I've got the Service manual but I can't for the life of me find out why, or even what circuit it's on.
    I've looked at headlights, electrical circuits, ignition, but can't find it in the schematics or trouble shooting guide. Even a bit of googling, and parts lookups on rockauto but no luck.
    Any hints?
    ken

Re: headlight/key warning buzzer??

I don't believe these trucks ever had them. My 97 doesn't at least. Although on my previous cars it did and boy is it useful . Maybe someone has installed one somehow.

My 92 has the feature. Maybe it is an option or maybe it was disabled. I know many work trucks get the feature disabled at my work.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I think its a litle round buzzer right beside the flasher blocks in the fuseboard. Someone may have broken it cause it was annoying.
    DD -07 Illverado, 5.3, Airaid, 2" Procomp level, HID projectors, LED in/out, colormatched ext/int, chrome 20s on 275/55, 15% over factory, rollpan, RST spoiler, lots of mods
    GONE - 05 Yukon XL - ex took me for it
    Project - 94 S10 Blazer 4x4, 3+3, 33s on 17s, 880watt system, tint, HID, mods+

Quote Originally Posted by woosterken View Post
    1991 Chevrolet Truck.
    When you leave the lights on with the truck off, or the key in the ignition and open the door, you should get a warning buzzer to remind you not to be a dumb [censored]. Since I've had to have a few jumps when trying to leave the airport after a few trips it's obvious I am, and it doesn't work to remind me of that fact.
    I've got the Service manual but I can't for the life of me find out why, or even what circuit it's on.
    I've looked at headlights, electrical circuits, ignition, but can't find it in the schematics or trouble shooting guide. Even a bit of googling, and parts lookups on rockauto but no luck.
    Any hints?
    ken
    There's an "Audio Alarm Module" on my 1998 that controls the key/lights buzzer. Whether it's the same as a 1991, I really couldn't say, but yours may have been removed by someone tired of hearing the noise. On a 98, it's plugged in under the dash near the parking brake pedal. It's #2 on this diagram:

Last edited by east302; 11-02-2012 at 03:17 PM.
    1998 Chevrolet Z71, 350 auto
    2003 Chevrolet Tahoe 4x4, 5.3L

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandpa, not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car.

Quote Originally Posted by steven1193 View Post
    I don't believe these trucks ever had them. My 97 doesn't at least. Although on my previous cars it did and boy is it useful . Maybe someone has installed one somehow.
    Both my 94 and 96 have them
    94 K1500 5.7L RCLB
    96 C1500 4.3L RCLB
    04 Harley Sportster 1200 Custom

My '95 has it too, and it's a base model Cheyenne

My '88 has it. Next time I get a chance I'll try to see where it is on mine,

Quote Originally Posted by east302 View Post
    There's an "Audio Alarm Module" on my 1998 that controls the key/lights buzzer. Whether it's the same as a 1991, I really couldn't say, but yours may have been removed by someone tired of hearing the noise. On a 98, it's plugged in under the dash near the parking brake pedal. It's #2 on this diagram:

It's in the exact same spot on the 88-94s. Probably going to have to find one in a salvage yard to replace yours, though. I've personally not been able to find them new anywhere.

My 96 Z71 had it removed by a previous owner. I use the switched ignition power from the spot where it plugs into to power my amp.

Thanks guys for correcting me. Apparently i'm supposed to have it. I'll look at mine and see if its missing or broken.

Check the center and overhead consoles, that's where the previous owner left mine (disconnected of course!). I like that I still have it, but no plans on reconnecting it.
    Its just a little plastic box with some fuse type plugs on one end, for my 99 anyway.

I have pulled all mine out they have so far been located under the dash by your left foot in the big cluster of wireson the left side of the block its a big plastic POS if any body needs one iwill be more that happy to send you one PM me