GM Inside - Ford Inside - Ford Ranger - Jeep - American Muscle

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

Rancho Vs. Trailmaster

This is a discussion on Rancho Vs. Trailmaster within the Offroad forums, part of the General Discussion category; Alright heres what i wanna do with my new truck, a 94 stepside z71 , i want to run 35s ...

Rancho Vs. Trailmaster

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    Alright heres what i wanna do with my new truck, a 94 stepside z71 , i want to run 35s on 15x10s. my question is what would you go with, a 6 inch trailmaster or a 4 inch rancho. i will use this truck a lot moostly on the road so alittle bumper trimmin in the front wont bother me one bit. i ask because trailmaster really doesnt do much in these forums,meaning you really CANT FIND ANYBODY WHO LIKES UM and everybody loves rancho it seems. so would 35s look good with this 4inch lift? PS i wasnt gonna lift this one untill i saw that new guys truck you know that sweet white extended cab with the 6 inch trail 35s THANKS J/K
    1988 CHEVROLET STEPSIDE Z71, 350EFI with kn filter system, 8 inch whiplash,38 inch swampers, 588 gears,4 speed, one ton drive train, no bodylift or solid front axle for me

You will be very happy with the Trailmaster 6" lift.
    The Rancho is also a very good lift. The old Rancho lift wasn`t to good, but they have reworked it and now it is as good as any lift. And from what I understand, you will get 6" or very close to that.
    I have the trailmaster 6" lift, and it is extreamly strong. Very well built. Looks like it will hold up as long as any truck.there is atleast 5 people on this forum that have the Trailmaster 6" lift on the 88-98 style trucks.

The Rancho is now a one peice sub-frame. Which I don`t think it makes the lift stronger, just easier to install. But others have their own opinions.
    Mike http://community.webshots.com/user/hdmax2002 Chevy 2500HD duramax Diesel, Allison 5 speed automatic transmission, Crew cab, Short bed, LS trim, Forest Green, 4x4, Limited slip, boost & EGT gauges, 35" tires 2.5" lift, EFILive=500+ rwhp
    http://esnips.com/web/bigluke39-MySongs

I have the Rancho "4 inch" lift on my Tahoe and run 315's, I added a 2" add a leaf in the rear and had them re use the stock t bar bolts as the Rancho bolts are shorter, and won't allow for much (if any) additional height. I have a slight rubbage problem that is caused by my running boards and mud flaps, although it won't be like that for long. I also have a lot of threads left on my torsion bar bolts. I am going to tinker with this over easter, so I will have a full update on it then. I didn't have the chance to take measurements when I had the lift installed and still had the factory tires/wheels on, that would have given me an exact measurement on how much the "4 inch" lift really is. Rest assured that it did come out to very close if not 6", and like I said, I have lots of threads left. Although I still have the stock wheels and tires and might tinker with that over the holiday as well.....
    2004.5 Chevy CCSB D/A LLY

Tuff Country Suspension, Toyo MT's, Exhaust, EFI Live, Danville 64mm VVT, Kennedy Pumps, SunCoast IV, some Mike L. tranny stuff, some color matching, lots of other junk.

I love my trailmaster lift....

I have no probs whatsoever so far...

My Truck
    1997 GMC Sierra Z71 5.7 Liter Short Box Extended Cab.

1997 GMC Z71
    350 5.7lt
    6 inch TM suspension lift
    35x12.50x15 BFG/AT KO
    American Eagle AE-589
    Airaid FilterCharger
    HPP3 Programmer
    Mobile Audio/Video Entertainment

customaster
    I had a 6" Trailmaster on my 95 Z71, and I wasn't impressed. The lift was okay, but I think the shocks sucked. I have an RCD lift w/Bilsteins on my new truck, and I am so much happier. It's like night and day.

I ran 35x12.50's and they rubbed very bad. I did a lot of cutting, but they limited me a lot when I went off roading.
    99 Pewter GMC Z71 Ext-cab 5.3 SLT 3.73
    -All Factory Options

PERFORMANCE
    -Whipple Supercharger (plugs gapped to .035)
    -JBA Headers, Gibson 3" exhaust, Hypertech Power Programmer 3, Hypertech 160 Powerstat, Granatelli Mass Airflow Sensor (removed), K&N Custom Intake, Jacob's 8.5mm plug wires, Helix Powertower (removed)

ASTETICS/SUSPENSION
    -RCD 6" lift (Bilsteins), Centerline 16.5x9.75 Typhoon 3, 33x12.50 BFG All-Terrains, Escalade Gauges/Handles, Denali Dash Bezel, Trenz Billet Grill, Z71 engraved diff, Z71 3rd brake cover, Line-x bedliner, Rolltop bedcover, APC clear corners, much more minor detail stuff.

http://pic5.picturetrail.com/VOL83/5...35/7911314.ptp

In your sig it says 8" suspension 38's and ?5.88? gears Do You have any pics?
    :-(

Originally posted by jdpanero
    I had a 6" Trailmaster on my 95 Z71, and I wasn't impressed. The lift was okay, but I think the shocks sucked.
    How long ago did you have the 6" trailmaster lift? If it was more then a year, you had the old 4-6" and they weren`t very good (and still aren`t) but the new 6" is made by BDS (Big ****`s Suspensions) and it is a very good lift. One of the very best you can get for the 88-98 style GM trucks. ( 6 lug only)
    Mike http://community.webshots.com/user/hdmax2002 Chevy 2500HD duramax Diesel, Allison 5 speed automatic transmission, Crew cab, Short bed, LS trim, Forest Green, 4x4, Limited slip, boost & EGT gauges, 35" tires 2.5" lift, EFILive=500+ rwhp

I would go with d!ck cepeck 6.5" lift.
    :-(

Originally posted by 94superlifted
    I would go with d!ck cepeck 6.5" lift.
    DC is a very good lift also. but you get another 1/2" for about $600-$700. I really don`t think it is worth that much. I would of liked to have DC but not so much anymore. I am very happy with the Trailmaster/BDS.