***Login to the Forum here ***

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

super swamper irok tires

This is a discussion on super swamper irok tires within the Offroad forums, part of the General Discussion category; just curious is anyone is running these iroks...ive herd a few things but i wanna get some advice from everyone ...

It Ain't Easy Bein' Me...

super swamper irok tires

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    just curious is anyone is running these iroks...ive herd a few things but i wanna get some advice from everyone here...about how long do they last? hows tha streetablity because most of the time i will be on the street but i loev tha look at the price...how does it do in sand?...how loud is it really? thanks everyone for helping out!

Re: super swamper irok tires

Street miles about 20-25k. They are very soft. (even the radials) I think mine drive great on the street for a tire that is so aggressive. I love them a lot. They are pretty dam loud though which I love even more!
    Michael Correro
    Superlift Suspensions

Southern By Grace of God! BDZ71's Avatar

Hellfire.. Have you ever owned other swamper brands? If so , how do they compare to them?

Did they balance good? Are they really heavy in relation to other tires there size?

6-8" CST, 35" Nitto, 16x10 Weld Racing Scorpio V's

I havent got mine on yet, but they took a ton of weights to balance. My 40" Iroks weigh in at 100Lbs each per tire(no rim). Time will only tell how their street manners are and I only put an average of 4700 miles on a year. 2000 of those miles are on winter meats so they should last me 5-6 years. I hope...

My bro has 36" Iroks on his jeep(converted to 6 lug) with 20" wheels. I run them sometimes and must say that compared to the TSL Radial I'm running now, there is a night and day difference. His ride smoother, are a lot quiter, and wear slower. My TSL's wear fast, very loud(although I like the Swamper HUMMMMM), and don't ride as good(but they don't ride that bad either. As for off road, my bro has only taken the Iroks in the sand at the beach and they do just as good as any swamper should do. They give him plenty of traction. I would recommend them to anyone for that price.
    2008 GMC Sierra 4.8L Ex-Cab 2WD

I have run boggers, tsl radials, tsl's, tsl sx's and SSR's. I think the the iroks run better than all of them except maybe the SSR's. But thats a close race. If you keep them rotated they should wear good. Mine balanced fine. I use some stuff called weightless. It is like the Equal powder stuff but is silcone based and will not clump up if exposed to moisture.
    Michael Correro
    Superlift Suspensions

Quote Originally Posted by HELLFIRE
    I have run boggers, tsl radials, tsl's, tsl sx's and SSR's. I think the the iroks run better than all of them except maybe the SSR's. But thats a close race. If you keep them rotated they should wear good. Mine balanced fine. I use some stuff called weightless. It is like the Equal powder stuff but is silcone based and will not clump up if exposed to moisture.
    HELLFIRE, where did you get the weightless balancer from?

I got a set of 37 iroks and I love them. They drive nice on the road and are awsome in the mud and on hills. I only have about 1000 miles on them so i don't know about the wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Collector
    HELLFIRE, where did you get the weightless balancer from?
    I have a brother that sells 18 wheeler and tactor tires for goodyear. I got it from him. Check with any places that sell tire for 18 wheelers in your area. they should have it or know where to get it.
    Michael Correro
    Superlift Suspensions

hey hellfire... i think the stance on your truck is perfect! what kind of backspacing do you have on those wheels?

Its right around 5 1/4. At the time I got 20's they did not make many with any good backspacing that would make the tire stick out more. Still dont make many.
    Michael Correro
    Superlift Suspensions

still looks good tho.... is your lift a knuckle lift? if so, i thought you couldn't have that high of a backspacing?

It is a knuckle kit. You can run that kind of offset if it is a 18" or bigger rim. Some 18's will still rub a little. They say that bcause the top of the rim will rub the new taller knuckles but with a bigger rim it clears the whole knuckle.
    Michael Correro
    Superlift Suspensions

well that is GREAT news....

i got an awesome deal on a 5" procomp knuckle kit, but i was concerned about my wheels... i have Boss 301 in 20x8.5 with 5.2" backspacing.

BUT if what you say also applies to the procomp kit, then i won't have to change my wheels, which will be a relief... new wheels are a hassle, and spacers/adaptors i just don't trust.

Looking at tires, the iroks are a great bang for the buck... the nittos are nice too, but not available in Canada?

anyways, thanks for the info Hellfire. Hopefully my knuckles are similar to yours

Quote Originally Posted by white_trash66
    well that is GREAT news....

i got an awesome deal on a 5" procomp knuckle kit, but i was concerned about my wheels... i have Boss 301 in 20x8.5 with 5.2" backspacing.

BUT if what you say also applies to the procomp kit, then i won't have to change my wheels, which will be a relief... new wheels are a hassle, and spacers/adaptors i just don't trust.

Looking at tires, the iroks are a great bang for the buck... the nittos are nice too, but not available in Canada?

anyways, thanks for the info Hellfire. Hopefully my knuckles are similar to yours
    Same combo my bro got, Boss 301's with 36x13.50x20 Iroks. Just make sure you get the chrome 301's. My bro went with the superfinish and it doesn't look as good as the Chrome. But either way, it's a good combo. the actual size of the Irok is about 36.8x12.80x20. They are taller than my 36" TSL Radials, but not as wide.

got any pics?

got any pics?
    Ok, I got 3 with his on his jeep. I have none with 'em on my truck but next time we swap I take some pics. Remember, his wheels aren't chrome, they're superfinish(which he regrets b/c for only like 200 bucks more he could've had chrome, but at the time he was pressed for cash). The last one is on my buddy's truck. He's got the chrome version with 37x13.50x20 Nitto Mud Grapplers.

The superfinish look alright. I don't mind em at all... won't chip

those tires look sweet! I think the nittos look a bit meatier... the lame thing is that Nitto isn't available in Canada.

in that size, the irok wins for price. i can get em at $350 a pop.
    Dick Cepek 35s are $550 while toyo m/t and mickey thompson baja claws are $600 each... too high of a price for me

any other tire alternatives in that size? the ssr comes in a 37x13.5 that is really only rated at 36.6 inches...

The superfinish look alright. I don't mind em at all... won't chip

those tires look sweet! I think the nittos look a bit meatier... the lame thing is that Nitto isn't available in Canada.

in that size, the irok wins for price. i can get em at $350 a pop.
    Dick Cepek 35s are $550 while toyo m/t and mickey thompson baja claws are $600 each... too high of a price for me

any other tire alternatives in that size? the ssr comes in a 37x13.5 that is really only rated at 36.6 inches...
    That's Canadian money right?? Cuz 350 american is almost double what my bro paid.

yep... i can get em for 350 canadian each. I've seen that they're only 180 american. I should just go get them from the states.

i could prob get em cheaper from the states, but then i gotta pay tariffs at the border etc etc... LAME

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast