***Login to the Forum here ***

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

CV Boots - High Angle???

This is a discussion on CV Boots - High Angle??? within the Offroad forums, part of the General Discussion category; I have cranked my bar's a little bit... ok? So don't freak out :) Like you haven't My CV boot ...

CV Boots - High Angle???

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    I have cranked my bar's a little bit... ok? So don't freak out :) Like you haven't

My CV boot has finally worn out-- driver side. I hear there are "high angle" replacement boots out there but I haven't been able to find them. Anyone see anything like that before?

The typical rubber boots that come on replacement half-shafts last me about two months.

The factory thermoplastic boots last about two years...

Comments?
    KV
    kv@blaze-tech.com

Re: CV Boots - High Angle???

i also need some help both my boots are torn...and id like to hear about "high angle" shafts...also do i need to replace the whole shaft or can i do just the boot.....sorry dont mean to whore ur thread my bad

RUN_U_OVER

I know....old post. Anyways, has anyone had any luck with this yet? I have a torn boot on passanger side. The high angle of my lift is stressing them out. Need replacing. If anyone has any answers on the high angle replacements or if there is an aftermarket boot-only I can get for my make and model it would be appreciated.
    Thanks

what kind of ride you got obs or nbs

98 k1500 5.7 Magnaflow exhaust BBK 80 mm throttle body AEM brute force CAI nelson performance tune 93 octane RC 6" 285/70/17 BFG KM2 4 14 bolt sf disk brakes 4l60e fully built

I believe that you are talking about the Rough Country high angle shafts. I don't know if they ever actually started selling them seperate from the lift or not but I have also recently heard that they stopped making them because they kept having problems out of them. Whether this is true or not I don't know. I didn't talk to them personally but it is what I was told.
    2009 Silverado Ext. Cab Vortec Max 4x4
    2.5" Total Performance Leveling kit, 5% Tint
    Mods to come(some day): 8" Suspension & 35x14.5 Iroks, 4.88 Yukons, Detroit True Trac, LTs and Magnaflow muffler, Blackbear Tune

yeah i was at rough country last week. and one of the salesmen said they discontinued the ex series kit(the one with the high angle cv's). thats coming straight from someone at rough country

RUN_U_OVER

Has anyone had any luck with just boot replacement on a 2005 2500HD? and where to get them. I spoke to someone at a chevy wholesale parts place and they make them for the 4x4 1500's as replacement but not for the 3/4 ton.??? aqward. because the inner boot is that same part number on both shafts. Maybe that outer one from the 1500 would work ? I hope someone has had this same issue and could help out. Thanks
    Last edited by High_Roller; 03-06-2008 at 11:11 PM.