If you are not able to login to the forum, please Contact Us here to let us know. Thanks!

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

K1500 Front End Diagrams

This is a discussion on K1500 Front End Diagrams within the Offroad forums, part of the General Discussion category; Anyone have any pdf's of diagrams for K series trucks that highlight the different major components and wear items? I ...

K1500 Front End Diagrams

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    Anyone have any pdf's of diagrams for K series trucks that highlight the different major components and wear items? I need to replace my control arm bushings and while im down there i want to replace most of the other wear items and want to see a schematic or diagram of the setup.

TY :)

2005 5.7 Hemi Sport QC RAM 1500 4X4

Re: K1500 Front End Diagrams

The LMC catalog has great diagrams that show all of the front end components, but it's pretty simple as to what wears out in our trucks: EVERYTHING !

That's right. I'm not being a smart a$$, but basically every component is a high wear item in the front end. They wear out faster when there's a lift kit installed, the T-bars have been cranked up pretty high or wide tires and wheels with too much positive offset have been used.

The basic check list is: idler arm, idler arm bracket, inner and out tie rod ends, pitman arm (on the steering box),upper and lower ball joints, upper and lower control arm bushings and the end links for the sway bar.

The best quality parts to use for a rebuild are Genuine MOOG parts. Expect to pay around $700 for all of these parts, plus installation labor if a shop is goin to install them.

LMC is a good place to go to for this. Ive got the magazine and have ordered a few things from it. It basically has a diagram of the entire truck in sections and you can order almost anything you want both stock and some aftermarket.

2002 Chevy Tahoe - Just a K&N Intake and Minor aesthetic upgrades

Ahh thanks just requested a catalog. But i have bought idler arm and bracket, upper/lower control arm bushings and doing the install this weekend. THe idler arm is autozone ( i know) but the bushings will all be polyurethane. I KNOW i need pitman arm and idler arm and bushings.

It still would be nice to have an online PDF showing the parts breakdown of the front end of our trucks. Im about to buy a electronic parts catalog from GM via ebay.

2005 5.7 Hemi Sport QC RAM 1500 4X4