***Login to the Forum here ***

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

54" Michelin Tires

This is a discussion on 54" Michelin Tires within the Offroad forums, part of the General Discussion category; You guys know those huge Michelin tires that all the show trucks and backyard-built rockcrawlers have been using recently. I ...

54" Michelin Tires

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    You guys know those huge Michelin tires that all the show trucks and backyard-built rockcrawlers have been using recently. I was wondering if they made them in a size close to 38x15.50x15, because they seem like a good alternative to TSL Radials and PJs...even thought I love my TSL Radials.

There is a 37x13x16. I know Avalanche carries that tire. USA6x6 should as well.
    "When life gives you too short of bolts, don't put thinner nuts, replace the bolts."- The_Law

All the competition crawling rigs that are winning are using BFG's and Goodyear 37's.

Chad

Re: 54" Michelin Tires

Originally posted by 2drTAHOEz71
    they seem like a good alternative to TSL Radials and PJs...
    From what I've read, they are HEAVY as hell. For alot of rigs, that would require lower gearing than with a comparable height Swamper or PJ, and I'd *think* that you'd still be more likely to break stuff.
    '99 Chevy Silverado Z71 - Rancho Suspension - 305/70-16 Nitto Terra Grapplers

everything yall just said is true, and also they require at least a 20" rim, which would be cool as hell...but im not shelling out the money for some 20" chrome rims.

A buddy of mine has an f250 on 44s with plenty of room to spare. I talked to him today...his truck is at 4wp getting 5 more inches to the suspension and crossover steering. Hes doing 48" michelins with 20s and bead locks. Ill have pics up once he gets it done. Were going to a show together this weekend so ill have pics of it too