If you are not able to login to the forum, please Contact Us here to let us know. Thanks!

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

RCX 6" NTD lift review with pics.

This is a discussion on RCX 6" NTD lift review with pics. within the Offroad forums, part of the General Discussion category; Ive seen a lot of threads with people asking which RCX kit they should go with, non torsion drop or ...

RCX 6" NTD lift review with pics.

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    Ive seen a lot of threads with people asking which RCX kit they should go with, non torsion drop or torsion drop. I just installed my first 6" RCX Non-torsion drop lift, and I though I'd share my opinion on it. I have to say I'm pretty pleased with the kit, especially with the recent price drop. I've installed tons of the torsion drop 6" kits, but with the NTD kits now the same price, Ill be recommending NTD. Both kits seem to ride about the same and are almost identical except the ntd rear crossmember has two notches to allow room for the torsion bars and the non torsion drop brackets. I also noticed the NTD kit gives more adjustment in the torsion, but your still limited by the axle angles, just as the torsion drop kits are. The more adjustment is really only beneficial if your t bars are weak or fatigued. Of course the main benefit to the kit is increased ground clearance and a much cleaner look. Install time is also cut down since you don't have to drill all the holes for the torsion drop brackets anymore. Here are a few pics of the truck I just finished. The torsion was adjusted too high at first so we had to adjust it down slightly to level it out.

stock

much more ground clearance!

Nothingbutlifts.com

Re: RCX 6" NTD lift review with pics.

who mounted your tires? they shoulda been smacked in the face for leaving the stickers on the tires
    '00 Chevy Silverado Z71, 233k miles
    '06 Dodge Ram 2500 Mega Cab 4x4 Tow Pig
    '98 Chevy K1500 ECSB, SAS - Sold
    '94 GMC C1500 RCLB, DD - Sold
    Some guys think that if you got a cooler car that your better then other guys; Those guys are right. - Adam Farrara

I had the same lift on my 04. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon4x4 View Post
    who mounted your tires? they shoulda been smacked in the face for leaving the stickers on the tires
    The tires and wheels were ordered mounted, and the stickers were removed right after the pics were taken.

Nothingbutlifts.com

Good looking lift. Any lift that leaves the front cross member area looking clean and clear starts with a thumbs up from me. Have you taken it off-road to test functionality?

Educated Redneck

Quote Originally Posted by Jon4x4 View Post
    I love leaving the stickers on new tires and slowly wearing them off, haha. Weird, I know

sic ass truck!!!! love it
    -07 sierra classic/mbrp exhaust,20" custom wheels, lmc truck projector angel eye lamps, lmc cowel hood, s&b intake, bullydog gt gas tuner, 3.73 gear, rcx 6" lift and 35's
    -97 silverado SCLB, dmj 3/4 drop (DD)

just ordered this kit! got the same tires comin for it with different wheels, cant wait to put it on!
    03 Z71. Full RC level. zone 1.5 bl . CAI. TBS. BLACK BEAR custome tune . super 40 flowmaster. 285 75 16 terra grapplers. 16x8 Dick Cepek Torque. Alpine indash. 12 inch shallow mount kicker sub. line X . camo bowtie

that thing looks mean!!!

Really makin me want to ditch the BL and get a 6in lift!
    04 1500 Z71 6.0 LQ4 swap, BlackBear 06+ Grill/Hood, Vette servo, 3 BL,RC Keys, Truxedo, Bull Bar,KC, Cooper ST's Bilstein 5100's Tow's, Pypes M-80.

1989 Silverado 2500 94+grill, Ram air hood, Mild built 355, Th400,

I like having the stickers on the tires when they are new, reminds me that they are still newborns on my truck.

Anybody have opinions on knuckle drops?

finally some pics of the rcx ntd lift. looks great. want to put the same lift in mine.
    any modifications needed to brake lines or rear drive shaft? i downloaded the instructions on line.
    looks like a pretty easy install.

Quote Originally Posted by bigredz View Post
    Ive seen a lot of threads with people asking which RCX kit they should go with, non torsion drop or torsion drop. I just installed my first 6" RCX Non-torsion drop lift, and I though I'd share my opinion on it. I have to say I'm pretty pleased with the kit, especially with the recent price drop. I've installed tons of the torsion drop 6" kits, but with the NTD kits now the same price, Ill be recommending NTD. Both kits seem to ride about the same and are almost identical except the ntd rear crossmember has two notches to allow room for the torsion bars and the non torsion drop brackets. I also noticed the NTD kit gives more adjustment in the torsion, but your still limited by the axle angles, just as the torsion drop kits are. The more adjustment is really only beneficial if your t bars are weak or fatigued. Of course the main benefit to the kit is increased ground clearance and a much cleaner look. Install time is also cut down since you don't have to drill all the holes for the torsion drop brackets anymore. Here are a few pics of the truck I just finished. The torsion was adjusted too high at first so we had to adjust it down slightly to level it out.

stock

much more ground clearance!
    are u running a steering stabilizer or multiple ?? i meant to ask this yesterday
    -07 sierra classic/mbrp exhaust,20" custom wheels, lmc truck projector angel eye lamps, lmc cowel hood, s&b intake, bullydog gt gas tuner, 3.73 gear, rcx 6" lift and 35's
    -97 silverado SCLB, dmj 3/4 drop (DD)

Quote Originally Posted by TennesseeWJ View Post
    I love leaving the stickers on new tires and slowly wearing them off, haha. Weird, I know
    you can in real trouble, guy got a fine at my work because its considered littering.
    '00 Chevy Silverado Z71, 233k miles
    '06 Dodge Ram 2500 Mega Cab 4x4 Tow Pig
    '98 Chevy K1500 ECSB, SAS - Sold
    '94 GMC C1500 RCLB, DD - Sold
    Some guys think that if you got a cooler car that your better then other guys; Those guys are right. - Adam Farrara

Damn, I really like that. Seems more like a 4" or 5" lift, but that's easy to say since it's not sitting in front of me. How much was everything - lift, tires, and wheels?

Very sharp indeed! I'm ordering the same lift for the same truck in Jan. December $ is going on a set of the same DCII's and some Toyo OC MT's in 35. It's been a little bit since the install. Any thoughts? Rides ok? Handles well off the pavement? Need a steering stabilizer?

Hope mine looks as good as yours. Thanks for putting up the pictures.

Slick looking truck!

Can you post some pictures of how the front of the truck looks please?
    2003 Chevy Z71, 3in keys, True Dual Straights, Debadged, Chevy 17s and 35in MTZ, Billet Grille, Black Low Pro. Charcoal Gray.
    1994 ecsb z71, bbk ud pulleys, K&N CAI, Flowmaster 40, AirRaid TBS, Rough Country 2-3 lift, 315/75r16 Fierce Attitude. Navy Blue. SOLD

That's a good lookin' rig right there. Good work.

2007 Silverado Crew Cab V-Max, Black Bear Performance Tune, Volant, Single Chamber Flow, CCM 2.5", Zone 1.5" BL, Eagle Alloy 178, Pro Comp Xtreme M/T's

Drive hybrids-I need gas whiplash473's Avatar

wow..nice truck bigredz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast