***Login to the Forum here ***

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

Wanting to straight axle swap.

This is a discussion on Wanting to straight axle swap. within the Offroad forums, part of the General Discussion category; hey guys im new to this forum. my friend directed me to it. Ive got a 94 c/k 1500 (silverado). ...

Wanting to straight axle swap.

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    hey guys im new to this forum. my friend directed me to it. Ive got a 94 c/k 1500 (silverado). Looking to lift it when i get back home. Im gonna use it as a daily/ go out and have fun vehicle so im weighing my options. Straight axle or keep ifs. Im thinkin sas because my friend owns a shop and we can work on it together and not get charged. dont like the thought of ifs because im wanting to go to 35s and get offset wheels. i recently bought some offsets and just took them off because my ball joints went out quicker with them on and they were only 32s. So what im really lookin for is some opinions on which would be better. What is the cost gonna be roughly for the parts. What axle should i start lookin for so i can get my friend lookin etc. Thank you.

likes big ol' trucks

Re: Wanting to straight axle swap.

Quote Originally Posted by 94Silver View Post
    hey guys im new to this forum. my friend directed me to it. Ive got a 94 c/k 1500 (silverado). Looking to lift it when i get back home. Im gonna use it as a daily/ go out and have fun vehicle so im weighing my options. Straight axle or keep ifs. Im thinkin sas because my friend owns a shop and we can work on it together and not get charged. dont like the thought of ifs because im wanting to go to 35s and get offset wheels. i recently bought some offsets and just took them off because my ball joints went out quicker with them on and they were only 32s. So what im really lookin for is some opinions on which would be better. What is the cost gonna be roughly for the parts. What axle should i start lookin for so i can get my friend lookin etc. Thank you.
    Balljoints are doing to be eaten by offset wheels SFA or IFS. Unless you are going wild offroad I'd leave it be.
    '03 2500HD Duramax / Allison | Ext. Cab | Alloy H2 wheels | 305/65/17 BFG KM2 | Boss 8'2" Power V | 400+ HP
    '05 2500HD Duramax / Allison | Reg. Cab | Machined AR 16x8 | 285/75/16 BFG A/T
    -BOSS 8'2" Power V XT 400+HP

If you look at the sticky threads on the top of the list before you click your new thread you will see a few SAS threads. Everything you need to know is in there. There is a lot to know so start reading.
    1989 Chevy K1500. solid axle swap with D60 front, 5.13 gears, powertrax lockright, 14 bolt FF rear, 5.13 gears, Detroit locker, 5.7L TBI, 40" BOGGERS, 16,500LB superwinch.

Solid axle swap are expensive, youll be looking at a 77.5-79 ford dana 44/60 or the later with the 36" spring perch if you want to use your existing transfercase. otherwise youll be looking at a np241 passenger drop tcase or a np205/np208 with custom linkage and any chevy front 10botl/dana 44 all chevy axles have a 32" spring perch same as the 78-79 ford axles. And the option to either run front leaf springs,coils, or coilovers
    custom made or a kit for the hangers
    Feel free to PM me with any questions.
    Last edited by Btempy; 03-25-2012 at 07:37 PM.
    SOLID AXLE HOE

Front: 79 Dana 60 Kingpin Front Axle 4.56 gears
    Rear: 14 Bolt Full Float Detroit locker, Disks, and 4.56 gears
    http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/g...ss-update.html

Quote Originally Posted by Btempy View Post
    Solid axle swap are expensive, youll be looking at a 77.5-79 ford dana 44/60 or the later with the 36" spring perch if you want to use your existing transfercase. otherwise youll be looking at a np241 passenger drop tcase or a np205/np208 with custom linkage and any chevy front 10botl/dana 44 with the 36" spring perch(78-79 fords were 32)
    And the option to either run front leaf springs,coils, or coilovers
    custom made or a kit for the hangers
    Feel free to PM me with any questions.
    Chevy SFA's were only 32" spring pad width as well, not 36.
    new tow Rig rattles and smokes
    '89 K5 trail rig

Quote Originally Posted by Underpowered View Post
    Chevy SFA's were only 32" spring pad width as well, not 36.
    I know, don't know why I put 36. I'll fix it.
    SOLID AXLE HOE

Front: 79 Dana 60 Kingpin Front Axle 4.56 gears
    Rear: 14 Bolt Full Float Detroit locker, Disks, and 4.56 gears
    http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/g...ss-update.html

alright guys thank ya. ill look into with my friend and go from there. Get the ball rolling on finding all the parts

get ready for 4 grand easy
    '00 Chevy Silverado Z71, 233k miles
    '97 Ford F250 ECLB, 7.3/ZF5. Tow Pig
    '98 Chevy K1500 ECSB, SAS - Sold
    '94 GMC C1500 RCLB, DD - Sold
    Some guys think that if you got a cooler car that your better then other guys; Those guys are right. - Adam Farrara